PSNP Interviews: ExistentialSolid - Submit Your Questions!

Hello and welcome back to Member Interviews! Our final interviewee of 2022 is none other than @ExistentialSolid! Get those existential (or non-existential!) questions coming in to end the year with a bang.

ExistentialSolid.png

Questions can be submitted starting now until December 21st, 2022. Existential has provided the community with a snippet about themselves to help with coming up with questions.

About Me

Hello everyone!

I'm ExistentialSolid coming to you live from a dusty lil' town in the US! Some of you might already know me from my trophy checklist or through my participation in the Ultra Rare Cleanup events, but, if you know one thing about me, you'll know my presence on PSNP has been largely defined by my affinity for challenging games.

The funny thing is... I don't especially enjoy challenging games. I mostly play them for the attention or to prove to myself that I'm just as capable as anyone else. If I wasn't so competitive, I'd be over here living my best life playing through the latest indies or catching up on all the Nintendo exclusives I've been missing out on! But as soon as I see a gathering of people whispering about how you'd have to be an insanely-hardcore-god-tier-level-lunatic to get some hollow bit of digital bragging rights, this animalistic part of my brain activates and says "Hold my beer. I've got this!" ...I'm probably very impressionable.

In person, or over mic, I would describe myself as "socially inept" considering I have an excruciatingly difficult time talking to anyone about anything. You could spend five minutes telling me the most riveting story and all I'd say in response is something like, "oh wow... mhmm." I have very little to offer if it isn't instructional, so conversation tends to get awkward fast. It's as though my mind is filled with nothing but TV static unless I'm communicating through text.

Outside of gaming, I enjoy writing, but, because I've overly critical of everything I put to paper, I tear most of my work to shreds until I'm left slumped in a corner staring helplessly at an empty page. Often, my mood at the time of writing will blend with my writing style which might sound totally natural, but it always complicates the revision process since conflicting moods will force a whole host of editing changes. For example, I woke up this morning overflowing with cynicism and, in this very same "about me" blurb,  originally included a comparison between the Ultra Rare Cleanup event and a "symbiotic validation mill" where one mines for rep. Sheesh.

I'm a mess, but I look forward to your questions! Thank you for reading!

Interview setup 

The setup for all PSNP interviews will be as follows:

1. After the new interviewee have been revealed, the PSNP community will have 10 days to ask their questions. While the community is coming up with questions, the interviewee has the time to work on the 17 standard questions
  2. After those 10 days, those questions, along with the standard questions, will be sent to the interviewee.
  3. The interviewee will have another 7 days to answer as many of the questions as they want.
  4. Once the interviewee has finished answering the questions, I will post the whole interview in a new thread.

How to be an Interviewee

If anyone wants to be interviewed all they have to do is say they would like to be added to the interview signup thread. After that the member will be added to the list of potential interviewees.

List of questions

Standard Questions

1. How did you come up with your PSN name?
  2. What games convinced you to get your PlayStation 3, Playstation Vita, PlayStation 4, and Playstation 5?
  3. What are your top 5 game series and why?
  4. What are your top 5 games and why?
  5. Which unreleased game(s) are you looking forward to the most and why?
  6. Do you have any other hobbies outside of gaming?
  7. Top 5 TV shows, Movies, and/or anime, why, and would you recommend them to people?
  8. Top 5 favorite music bands/group/artists/composers/OST?
  9. Your favorite platinum and why?
  10. Your least favorite platinum and why?
  11. Have you ever been tempted to switch over to the Xbox/Nintendo/PC gaming ecosystems?
  12. If you could have one game from any gaming generation be remade or re-released, which one would it be and why?
  13. How far are you willing to go for a platinum?
  14. If you could give Sony direct feedback on business decisions in the last year, and the latest console generation, what would you tell them?
  15. What is your favorite thing about PSNP?
  16. What is your least favorite thing about PSNP?
  17. Is there anyone in the PSNP Community you would like to give a shout-out to and if so, why?

PSNP Community Questions (updated periodically)

1. Would you play the NA version of a game for reps if the EU version is UR, but the NA version is not? What if it was the other way around?
  2. What is the most menacing thing about a turtle?
  3. What's the cutest animal that you would avoid no matter what?

4. What's the worst game (quality-wise) that you've forced yourself to platinum?

5. Which "bragging rights" games stayed the most fun all the way through?

6. Would you consider getting one of the first or fastest 100%s?

7. What type of things/genres do you enjoy writing?

8. Why did you become a gamer?

9. Would you go for 100% completion on your profile?

10. Your goals for 2023?

11. Favourite thing about America/living in America?

12. Least favourite thing about America/living in America?

13. Are there any games that you were hyped for but turned out to be a flop in your opinion or vice versa?

14. Are there any games that you hate that other people love or vice versa?

15. Opinion on the USA team at the World Cup?

16. What are your top 3 hardest plats you’ve accomplished?

17. What are your top 3 hardest non-plats (100%) you’ve accomplished?

18. Do you do any kind of “mini-celebration” for yourself after any kind of extreme challenge is done?

19. What are some of the most disappointing trophy lists for the games that you've otherwise enjoyed? (e.g. the trophies could have been more challenging, etc.)

20. Are there many games that you'd still consider playing even after earning all trophies (apart from your white whale that you're currently pursuing)?

21. Have you ever considered streaming the games you're playing?

22. Do you like the concept of speedrunning games (and going for world records)?

23. What is your favorite preparation of fish/fish products?

24. Thoughts on mint chocolate?

25. Do you play on other platforms? (you mentioned Nintendo) If so do you have a favourite game?

26. Do you do much reading (given you write) and if so, favourite genre and novel?

27. What's a game you love that doesn't have a particularly challenging plat?
  28. Is there a tough game you'd recommend to people who normally avoid challenging plats?
  29. Do you see yourself easing off difficult games in the future?
  30. Have you ever considered writing a guide for a game you've played?
  31. Best Christmas song and movie? ?
  32. Do you have any plans for Christmas (and/or) New Years?
Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 4

i only saw this thread thought the member signs ups one so sorry for me being late to the party

anyways questions then i will finish off my hiq ace unlimited guide and send it off to review

why did you become a gamer?

would you go for 100% completion on your profile?

your goals for 2023?

favourite thing in America?

least favourite thing in America

any games which you were hyped for but turned out to be a flop in your opinion or vice versa?

any games that you hate then other people love or vice versa?

opinion on the USA team at the world cup?

• Like 2

What are your top 3 hardest plats you’ve accomplished?

What are your top 3 hardest non-plats (100%) you’ve accomplished?

Do you do any kind of “mini-celebration” for yourself after any kind of extreme challenge is done?

• Like 2

My three (or four) cents:

1) What are some of the most disappointing trophy lists for the games that you've otherwise enjoyed? (e.g. the trophies could have been more challenging, etc.)

2) Are there many games that you'd still consider playing even after earning all trophies (apart from your white whale that you're currently pursuing)?

3) Have you ever considered streaming the games you're playing?

4) Do you like the concept of speedrunning games (and going for world records)?

• Like 3

Final bump (closing tonight) 

• What's a game you love that doesn't have a particularly challenging plat?
  • Is there a tough game you'd recommend to people who normally avoid challenging plats?
  • Do you see yourself easing off difficult games in the future?
  • Have you ever considered writing a guide for a game you've played?
  • Best Christmas song and movie? ?
  • Do you have any plans for Christmas (and/or) New Years?
  • Like 1