Act 6.1 no hope

Calypox

Hey folks,

Act 6.1 on no hope seems totally broken to me.

Sadly I can't get a hive to spawn and I've run this map probably 50 times....

I'm playing as melee and normally the maps aren't too hard but the ogre and ish slashers at once are just too much since the bots almost instantly die after the ogre appears.

I'v tried throwing bait jars at him but it doesn't really help.

Any advice?

7 hours ago, Calypox said:

Hey folks,

Act 6.1 on no hope seems totally broken to me.

Sadly I can't get a hive to spawn and I've run this map probably 50 times....

I'm playing as melee and normally the maps aren't too hard but the ogre and ish slashers at once are just too much since the bots almost instantly die after the ogre appears.

I'v tried throwing bait jars at him but it doesn't really help.

Any advice?

Quite a few people claim a hive spawns at about the half way point before you go up the hill where the first aid stuff is.  Also, maybe a speed build would be beneficial to set the charges and get out quickly.  Even the youtube video I seen the bots all died when the guy made it out.  He ran to the light house 1st and got the other charge on the way back.  My problem is I get caught in the horde trying to run ahead every time completely unlike what happens in the video.  I'm having a hard time with it too.  I breezed through nightmare with my build and I feel like if I can get past the 1st level I will be ok on no hope.

• Like 1

Ignore the ogre for a peaceful time.

Once you get in there, whilst it spawns, do the lighthouse. Wait for it to come over, do the next gate (save a grenade/molly/pipe for here) throw it as the gate opens to deal with the threats behind and just run for the boat.

Obviously defend yourself whilst doing so, but yeah... much easier than fighting with the ogre here. With a couple pieces of armor and a some popping some temp health you'll be fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Ignore the ogre for a peaceful time.

Once you get in there, whilst it spawns, do the lighthouse. Wait for it to come over, do the next gate (save a grenade/molly/pipe for here) throw it as the gate opens to deal with the threats behind and just run for the boat.

Obviously defend yourself whilst doing so, but yeah... much easier than fighting with the ogre here. With a couple pieces of armor and a some popping some temp health you'll be fine.

Thanks mate. I'll try to follow your advice

Yeah I ran this like 20 times before getting a hive spawn, even restarted multiple times, reinstalled DLCs, reset internet even though it probably didn't matter and finally got one last night so seems it's just really low luck.  The hive spawned in the second area with the hag, I always ran to the toolkit room and held up in there until the Hag ran away, it can't get through the room cos it's too big so it's a good fallback.

Not sure if this will help anyone but hopefully I can add some help here. For the ogre, one player recommended a smoke bomb while you're planting the bomb:

- Run to lighthouse and plant

- Run to other objective and smoke yourself then plant

- Run to objective.

If you have the offensive item upgrade at the beginning, take the additional item but not the quality upgrade (2 smoke bombs better than 1 green smoke bomb). Of course it's always easier in the passenger seat, but seems like worth a try if bait jar isn't working out.

For anyone else, the first area I went to the houses in left to right fashion, the rooms blow up in that order so you can camp in the last house and you should be fine. When the 5th house blows up run to the 5th house and camp there with the bots otherwise you'll get caught in the explosion for the last one. Then just run straight to the toolkit room, unlock the door and kill the hag. If there's no Hive in that area you should restart (unless you want to try getting past the ogre)

Edited by C4M0-W0LF

There is a new meele attachment it says have a chance of killing the target instantly on legendary its 10% just hit the ogre or breaker once after killing few zombies its broken kills everything instantly doesn’t seem to trigger on commons only on mutations i think all you need after the meele buff is the breakout card i finished all levels in about 2hours without retrying i used a doc build first but on my second time i used meele and it way easier its like cheating if you use baseball with 75% stumble or the instant kill attachment literally everyone can do it also you can just leave the game and restart to get different items in the shop like stumble damage from the beginning sorry if my English is bad im still learning 

The easiest way to do the first mission by far is with a hive spawning. It seems like it's an incredibly low chance though which is a pain. I've only had it appear once on this mission and I've run it a fair few times. The best strategy I've seen for actually completing the mission is to either find room in your deck to take the Grenade Pouch card or keep restarting until you can buy the offensive item slot from the store. Either option will allow you 2 offensive items from the start. Grab 2 smoke grenades and use one as you plant each bomb and then be ready to run like hell. I have a couple of good builds that I have had some success with. I'll wait until I complete the act though before I post them to make sure they work. I'm up to mission 4 but just haven't had the time.

If you are playing with someone get them to grab smoke grenades as well and you can then use them at the final gate to make your dash to the boat much easier. Just beware, I have been caught by a sleeper after running through the gate so be careful as there is one there sometimes. Make sure you have at least some movement and sprint speed in your deck as well.

• 2 weeks later...