Trophy Thoughts? (Me? Gongaga!)

I'm so ready for this game. Nothing but good memories when I played this back when it came out. Perfect game for holiday season since I remember it being a comfy game for me.

I'm also very happy with the list since it asks you to do everything in the game. I don't remember a lot about the game despite completing it multiple times so it'll be fun to revisit it after so many years. I do remember getting the Genji armor requires multiple playthroughs, and that I beat Minvera using a punch materia (I think it's called Gil Punch or something?). Interesting that they increased 9999 dmg cap to 99999. Most likely buffed every enemy's HP.

Edited by PostGameBlues

Never played this on PSP, but a quick look on youtube and this version if basically just more of Final Fantasy VII remake? Combat and gfx look identical. Not that this is a bad thing.

Also, it's on PS4, so I can actually play it! lol

Lots of easy missables here, and I was REALLY hoping they'd compress the tedious 300 missions right down, but alas.

Not sure if I'm gonna bother with trophies for my first playthrough so I can just enjoy going back to one of my PSP favourites, but on the other hand, do I really want to do more playthroughs than I need to? Definitely gonna have to look at some trophy guides before making that decision.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Never played this on PSP, but a quick look on youtube and this version if basically just more of Final Fantasy VII remake? Combat and gfx look identical. Not that this is a bad thing.

Also, it's on PS4, so I can actually play it! lol

The interface surely looks like Remake now.

23 hours ago, JoeNDM said:

Lots of easy missables here, and I was REALLY hoping they'd compress the tedious 300 missions right down, but alas.

Not sure if I'm gonna bother with trophies for my first playthrough so I can just enjoy going back to one of my PSP favourites, but on the other hand, do I really want to do more playthroughs than I need to? Definitely gonna have to look at some trophy guides before making that decision.

Tell me more about these 300 missions... Is it like battle quests or something. I have never played this game but a friend says the roulette is fucking shit, whatever that means. Is that in this remake?

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Tell me more about these 300 missions... Is it like battle quests or something. I have never played this game but a friend says the roulette is fucking shit, whatever that means. Is that in this remake?

The missions you select from a menu and most of the time you are dropped into one of like 5/6 maps with blockades closing off most of the paths, and you have to defeat the target.

They were designed for quick pick and play sessions on the PSP, but they made way too many and they are damn tedious.

The roulette is fine, it looks like it'll interrupt you less in Reunion. The levelling up looks random but I don't think it actually is.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:16 AM, JoeNDM said:

Ugh. Hate missables. Hopefully someone with enough expertise can point them out before a guide comes out

• Like 1

The missions are the one thing I'd hoped they changed from the original, so that's kinda disappointing. The maps were tiny and there was like 5 of them. Later missions also had an abundance of enemies with instant KOs, so your accessory had to be a Safety Bit. Felt cheap for a one person party.

Still, I am looking forward to playing this game and the trophies don't look too controller-smashing, just grindy. Hard mode and Minerva are probably the most difficult of the bunch.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 8:03 AM, enaysoft said:

Unless they've made major changes the combat in CC isn't really that similar to FF7R. CC was a fairly basic (in terms of complexity) action game. Dodge/block enemy attacks and then work in your own combo in-between. There is no ATB governing your skills and you have a very basic moveset with little to no skill synergy. Plus you don't have a party anyway, you're just Zack. Combat was mainly about adapting to whatever is going on with the roulette since it can give you infinite MP/AP at times, make you immune to damage, give different buffs etc. I don't want to oversell it or anything though, cause it's all very straight forward and simple stuff in practice.

Which I think is my main advice to people who have never played the game. I really love Crisis Core personally but it was a game made for a handheld and was not overly complex or anything. The combat can be very repetitive and simple but back in the day it wasn't really that big of a deal (to me anyway) since I was playing the game in short bursts on bus rides or in-between classes at college. I know they've said they have made changes to the combat but all I can really see in gameplay videos is QoL stuff. Enemy design, attacks, and so on all seem to be pretty much the same from what I can remember anyway.

Missions have already been explained, but yeah, you just get dropped into a map and then fight your way through it. It's one of those things that was cool for a PSP game but sitting there in your chair at home grinding out 300 of them on the big screen is probably going to feel pretty repetitive and tedious because of how simple the gameplay is.

2 hours ago, ChibsSoA said:

Ugh. Hate missables. Hopefully someone with enough expertise can point them out before a guide comes out

The sneaking and sniper ones are the first missables i can think of. I didn't even do the latter on PSP because IIRC it was frustrating to replay (IIRC it was right after the Nibelheim Incident)

Edited by Lance_87

Oh my God, the platinum is so cool! Both, the icon and the name.
There are trophies with Aerith, too.
Couldn't really ask for more.
This is going to be my 40th Platinum for sure, too bad my copy of the game is delayed for a week (due to shipping the steelbook version), but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Complete the game in hard mode seems to be the most difficult trophy. I don't know too much about it, as it's my first contact with crisis core, but if it's anything like FF7 Hard Mode, then I can't wait. I enjoyed replaying FF7 remake on HM more than my first playthrough.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KKlasnic said:

Does Hard Mode unlock after beating the game like in FF7R or is it available from the get-go?

Good chance it will unlock after beating the game. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they treat it almost the same as remake, with the chapter select ect.

Ill be interested to see what they do with the ending considering how remake ended. 

The original ending for crisis core, and the representation of the dmw failing really pulled at the heart strings. 

Was the first game that made me shed a tear even though I knew it was coming, just the way they did it was perfect. 

Gonna suck seeing that most likely changed.

Edited by Azure Kite
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheStark700 said:

Has anyone played the original version? I heard it can take up to 100H+?

I'm still excited about this game but might not going for plat if it takes overly long.

Same, never played the original, but I did Google the length of gameplay. For 100%, I saw it could be around 70 or so hours worth, maybe more.

I might not go for the plat because of hard mode. I tried hard mode in FF7 Remake and could not get past chapter one as is. So it might be out of my reach here too. But I'll do as much as I can with the game for sure.