Trophy Thoughts? (Me? Gongaga!)

Lot of missables, will definitely need a guide for this since I do not remember a lot of the things in this game lol. Starting on Hard is probably the way to go for me, but assuming that how you get the Genji armor stays the same, you'd have to do multiple playthroughs anyway. Really excited for this game, the platinum name is a very good trophy to put as a milestone as well.

Edited by PostGameBlues

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Seems like, in the absence of chapter select, you'll need to make lots of safety saves to ensure you don't miss anything. Also they'll probably patch the hard mode exploit.

Even if they patch Hard mode, it's a joke on NG+. I didn't realise the Hard mode exploit until my second stack, but it still only took me 90 minutes to rush through on Hard.

22 minutes ago, Archavia said:

Even if they patch Hard mode, it's a joke on NG+. 

just play unpatched lol. easy.

3 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Also they'll probably patch the hard mode exploit.

Looks at Star Ocean Divine Force.... Chaos Mode exploit.... still works as of recent patch.... Square Enix involved.... yeah they wont be patching it

I think you're looking at a 50-60 hour platinum. I'm 35 hours in, finished up first run, chapter 10 on Hard now with about 200 missions done, just before the Gunhead battles.

Currently really really afraid that the 'mail' trophy doesn't track across playthroughs because I missed the Zack fanclub on my second run. Otherwise I think DMW will be the time consuming one.

4 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

Oh boy...if the missions remain the same in volume and identicality from the original game (hopefully not the latter), than that 100% trophy is gonna be a real chokepoint for the plat, haha.

Largely unchanged. I have noticed some chests got moved around compared to a PSP guide, but that is it. 200 missions in by now. Between Costly Punch, Hell Firaga and Curaga (HP++ 840% by now) there is little that is giving me actual trouble. Humbaba was one.

16 minutes ago, sephirothdude said:

According to powerpyx guide, if you miss one of the 300 missions you have to start from scratch :facepalm:.

This only applies to the missable missions that you can unlock up until the point of no return at the end of Chapter 7 (there's about 15 or so and you get a big warning before you pass the point of no return). As long as you unlock those, you're fine. Mission progress doesn't carry over to NG+ though.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Archavia said:

This only applies to the missable missions that you can unlock up until the point of no return at the end of Chapter 7 (there's about 15 or so and you get a big warning before you pass the point of no return). As long as you unlock those, you're fine. Mission progress doesn't carry over to NG+ though.

Well thanks clarifying that, that's not so bad.

Would it be possible to play blindly up until the point of no return and then go back for the collectibles or do some become inaccessible by that point (like are they in areas that I can get locked out of)? I didn't read most of the guide out of fear of spoilers (this is my first time playing Crisis Core).

Edited by SnakeSound222

12 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Would it be possible to play blindly up until the point of no return and then go back for the collectibles or do some become inaccessible by that point (like are they in areas that I can get locked out of)? I didn't read most of the guide out of fear of spoilers (this is my first time playing Crisis Core).

If I understand the PowerPyx guide correctly , you need to follow a collectible guide to ensure you don’t miss any side-missions, collectibles or misc trophies. After that everything else can be tackled at the point of no return save point. This is important because all 300 must be done in a single playthrough and you can lock yourself out of certain missions if you miss them in their respective chapters. I hope someone corrects me if I’m wrong.

Edited by bikeman223

10 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

oh no there's a squat trophy 1f62d.png:facepalm:

I got 68 on like my fourth try, and I think that is the maximum. It is way, way, way easier than 7 Remake. Every time his arm was at the bottom back, I pressed and that was it.

Edited by JoniP
  • Like 1