Trophy Thoughts? (Me? Gongaga!)

On 13.12.2022 at 5:50 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

What's the performance of specifically the PS4 version on PS5?

Never seem to be able to get a straight answer on stuff like this.

If there's negligible differences between both versions I prefer to not have to do it twice.

I'd say look at the PS4 Pro version for answers, that's the best you'll get in this scenario.

I just read on gamefaqs, that the remaster is based on the japanese version of the game. That means that certain exploits of the original do not work anymore.

In the powerpyx guide, the strategy for the secret boss is one of these. You cannot steal 99 phoenix downs from her anymore to cheese the battle. Also you don‘t keep your gained items anymore after a game over. Therefore the most broken grinding strategy does not work on the ps4/ps5 anymore. 
I cannot verify this info yet, I havent started the game. Just a heads up for everybody. Here is the original thread ( filled with a lot of cursing and flaming, as usual on gamefaqs): https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/371117-crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion/80274230

I hate reading stuff like this:

Everything is missable due to there not being a Chapter Select. Special attention needs to be paid to accepting all missable missions before the Point of No Return in Chapter 7, but this is highlighted in Red color in the Collectible Guide when you get there (end of Chapter 7). Because Mission Progress doesn’t carry over to New Game+, if you forget to accept one you’d be locked out of 100% Mission completion for this playthrough and need to redo all 300 missions from scratch.

Usually I would want to enjoy a game without a guide and then look at a guide after I beat it to mop up what I've missed - but when a game is already 40+ hours the idea of playing it again is a turnoff so I'm basically forced to spoil myself following a guide.  Stop doing shit like this please game developers.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I just read on gamefaqs, that the remaster is based on the japanese version of the game. That means that certain exploits of the original do not work anymore.

In the powerpyx guide, the strategy for the secret boss is one of these. You cannot steal 99 phoenix downs from her anymore to cheese the battle.

Some reading comprehension, please. You can steal the 99 Phoenix Downs from her, but you cannot keep them unless you beat her because of the fix to keeping items when you lose a battle. This means you can actually cheese the fight as usual with the 99 Phoenix Downs. No need for those outside of her battle anyway, so that "fix" doesn't change anything.

1 hour ago, bikeman223 said:

So, did the new update fix the hard difficulty exploit? The patch notes only say various fixes. It's no big deal as I'm pretty sure NG+ Hard would be a cakewalk.

Still works, I just did it. Change to hard just before Genesis fight

• Like 1

I've read a few places on the web people are starting this on hard mode and just playing the whole game (and all the missions) on hard. What's the point of that when there's the exploit? Is it just they don't know about it, or is there some other reason to be playing on hard?

11 hours ago, ChibsSoA said:

I've read a few places on the web people are starting this on hard mode and just playing the whole game (and all the missions) on hard. What's the point of that when there's the exploit? Is it just they don't know about it, or is there some other reason to be playing on hard?

Many different reasons, some people just don't know about the exploit of changing the difficulty at the end, some people just want that challenge of playing on hard on the get go. 

Its the same with Auto Popping trophies, some will just do it cos why not, while others will go through the same journey again thinking, trophies should be earnt legit, while some will say you already earnt it so....

In the end people have different reasons why they do things the way they do, we may not understand their reasoning, but it whatever makes them happy. :)

Edited by VaNiDgE

On 2.1.2023 at 3:19 AM, ChibsSoA said:

I was one of those people - started on hard right away, because at first I didn't know about the exploit. When I found out I still kept it, simply because I liked the added challenge, as Normal Mode doesn't really require lots of Materia fusion or planning. Managed to finish the whole game and about 80% of the missions, but pretty much had to switch at the end, because most 10 Star missions are simply no fun otherwise (you essentially have to one-shot everything, or get one-shot immediately...) - the story is easily doable though, only a certain boss in Chapter 8 gave me trouble.

I usually don't play games on hard - In hindsight, I might have done my first run on normal and a NG+ on Hard, but I didn't know about NG+ either, oh well!

On 1/1/2023 at 8:19 PM, ChibsSoA said:

It's more fun lol. Outside of Minerva (who just has a stupidly inflated HP value going from 10 mil to 77 mil for some reason) hard mode feels like a really well balanced difficulty where you need to make use of all the gameplay systems to win. Made me really appreciate the materia fusion/equipment system and how the combo system worked. I think the game gets a bit less fun when you get the buster sword (since buster stance is too good, basically makes normal attacks and backstabs pointless) but it was still enjoyable, especially once I got to the higher level missions.

• 2 months later...