Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster on PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?

• Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI

2 minutes ago, Alayaes said:

For the love of all that is holy, please make it 6 independent trophy lists with a platinum trophy for each. Just copy the achievement list over from the Steam versions; I'll settle for those.

Regardless, I've been waiting on this since its release in 2020/2021. I just figured that Square's usual bullshit excuses were at play with the whole "if there's demand we'll port it to consoles" nonsense. I never thought they would port while secretly holding out a glimmer of hope. Anything after FF12 has been dogshit for me so I have to cling to my good old days.

Hopefully, they changed the font and applied all the patches since the release. I'll even play the less-than-stellar FF2 if this is true.

If they do that, you would literally be able to Platinum the entire series on PS4 and PS3 (excluding upcoming FFXVI on PS5). That would take literal years to do them all.

• Like 2

Just now, POEman553 said:

If they do that, you would literally be able to Platinum the entire series on PS4 and PS3 (excluding upcoming FFXVI on PS5). That would take literal years to do them all.

I can't speak on FF14 because I don't have time to invest in an MMO, and I didn't care for 15 so I wouldn't know how long that would take to 100%. FF13 would take me 10 years because that's how long I'd need between therapy sessions.

But the rest honestly wouldn't take that long. It'll still be quite a chore, but nothing out of the ordinary. The pixel remaster lists on Steam aren't bad at all and a lot of QoL improvements help with completing it. I think it only took me two days to finish FF1, and that's with a very busy schedule. Granted, I've played these games for years, but still.

7+8 are relatively fast. 9 can be tricky. 10 takes a good 100 hours but it's worth it. I love 12 and it can be done in 50-60 hours as well. I hope to have all entries up until 12 done, minus spin-offs and remakes. (Type-0 can get bent)

• Like 3

Maybe now I can finally beat ff1 got really far on the gba version and figure out how to get past this one part in ff2. Suck ff11 is an mmo so it's going to be the only one we'll be missing now. Maybe they can find a way to make a single player version with a coop option if that's even possible or worth it.

• Like 1

Well, I'll definitely get this one. Likely day 1. I would love to add more to my FF plat list, and these are the games I truly love. 

5 minutes ago, Vikingguy71 said:

Maybe now I can finally beat ff1 got really far on the gba version and figure out how to get past this one part in ff2. Suck ff11 is an mmo so it's going to be the only one we'll be missing now. Maybe they can find a way to make a single player version with a coop option if that's even possible or worth it.

Probably the Blood Sword. That was the answer to every one of my issues in that game.

• Like 2

Will they be doing anything to make I, II, and III more exciting than trying to make an Excel spreadsheet charting the decline of deciduous plant life in Idaho?

They'll probably fuck up the only worthwhile half of the trilogy, too. I wouldn't trust them to remaster a used napkin. The rate at which Square's ceaseless suckage and lack of awareness thereof is going--bad sound quality or no--the Advance remasters will forever remain the best way to play them.