Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster on PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?

• Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI

The physical edition is $74.99 for standard and $259.99 for collector. What the hell?! Happy these are finally coming to PS4, but damn! Still, the standard is quite tempting.

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/810899/final-fantasy-i-vi-collection-ps4

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Just now, Cloud_Squall78 said:

You were OK paying $20+ for shipping ($24 Express is the cheapest I see)? You're braver than I...

You're talking to a guy that spent $360 on Street Fighter 6 collectors edition and also ordered the FF16 Collectors edition in the same day. I dont think shipping bothers me brother.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

The physical edition is $74.99 for standard

Gross. Digital it is, then. :P

Glad we have official confirmation of the ports existing now, at least, even if this does sour it for me personally.

Edited by Zephrese

People who actually buy the physical version of this are just as sad as the people who buy the shovelware easy platinum games. Both equally contribute to the worst part of the gaming industry. Donate to charity if you want to piss away money. We all know the only game worth playing here is 6, which you could have emulated for years. Trophies don't make it magically worth $110 after shipping and tax

6 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Square can kiss my ass, then. lmao Guess I'll just stick to playing the GBA versions on my modded 3DS in the meantime.

You can buy the separately digital if you’re so inclined.

21 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

FF16 Collectors was 144$ shipping. 

Holy shit, dude!

Edited by MidnightDragon

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Does that still run me upwards of $75 for what are essentially 25+ year old SNES games with prettier graphics if I were to buy them all separately?

Because if so, that's a hard pass from me. Would rather not enable Square on this one because I'm quite frankly disgusted.

Edited by Zephrese

1 minute ago, Zephrese said:

Does that still run me upwards of $75 for what are essentially 25+ year old SNES games with prettier graphics if I were to buy them all separately?

Because if so, that's a hard pass from me.

Just throwing it out there. If it’s too much for you, that’s fine. No judging here. Now the people spending $260+ for it is crazy.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Just throwing it out there. If it’s too much for you, that’s fine. No judging here. Now the people spending $260+ for it is crazy.

I could easily drop $75 on all of them if I wanted to, and in all honesty they're all more than worth it to me (more or less, especially as someone who grew up on them).

That said, however, I don't think they should cost nearly that much either. There's no real justification for it as far as I'm concerned.

I'd just rather not support Square for what is obviously and blatantly an extreme (and likely out of touch) act of corporate greed.

Won't be too surprised if I end up caving later like a moron, though, so we'll see. lol If I came off as rude in my previous post, I apologize. That wasn't my intention.

Edited by Zephrese

8 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

If they sell individually digitally ill grab 6. Maybe 3. I always get a bit mixed up. So the 3 in JPN became 6 in NA? and later the 3 NA got was on DS?

8 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Holy shit, dude!

yep. i know.

2 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

I could easily drop $75 on all of them if I wanted to, and in all honesty they're all more than worth it for me especially as someone who grew up on them.

That said, however, I don't think they should cost nearly that much either. There's no real justification for it as far as I'm concerned.

I'd just rather not support Square for what is obviously and blatantly an extreme (and likely out of touch) form of greed.

Won't be too surprised if I end up caving later like a moron, though, so we'll see. lol If I came off as rude in my previous post, I apologize as that wasn't my intention.

Cave in for standard. lol 

• Like 2