Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster on PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?

• Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

If they sell individually digitally ill grab 6. Maybe 3. I always get a bit mixed up. So the 3 in JPN became 6 in NA? and later the 3 NA got was on DS?

NA initially only got I, IV, and VI. As a result of this, they were dubbed I, II, and III in NA until the release of the original PlayStation console.

Every game except for the original III got re-released in some form on PlayStation, and their numbers were corrected to reflect this (NA's II became IV, and NA's III became VI).

The original Japanese III didn't get released in NA until it was remade for the DS, but by then the titles/numbering had already been corrected as stated above.

Edited by Zephrese

16 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

People who actually buy the physical version of this are just as sad as the people who buy the shovelware easy platinum games. Both equally contribute to the worst part of the gaming industry. Donate to charity if you want to piss away money. We all know the only game worth playing here is 6, which you could have emulated for years. Trophies don't make it magically worth $110 after shipping and tax

I dont think its comparable. Nothing is as sad as those who buy shovelware to add +1 to a number nobody cares about. 75 euros is fair enough for me for the convenience of having the six great games on one disc.

• Like 3

Just now, Zephrese said:

NA initially only got I, IV, and VI. As a result of this, they were dubbed I, II, and III in NA until the original PlayStation.

Every game except for the original III got re-released in some capacity on PlayStation, and their titles were corrected to reflect this (NA II became IV, and NA III became VI).

T

he original Japanese FF3 didn't get released in NA until it was remade for the DS.

That sounds right now. I did get those anthology collections for PS1 but they had always left out 3 until the DS.

Maybe ill get 3 5 6. But now.. these are done. Trials of Mana and Secret of Mana remake happened, Chrono Chross too... so all that remains, where is Chrono Trigger?

21 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

People who actually buy the physical version of this are just as sad as the people who buy the shovelware easy platinum games. Both equally contribute to the worst part of the gaming industry. Donate to charity if you want to piss away money. We all know the only game worth playing here is 6, which you could have emulated for years. Trophies don't make it magically worth $110 after shipping and tax

No. Trophies never make a game worthwhile. Its the enjoyment that comes from said game. You CAN buy games for trophies and be a piece of garbage like GACHIEVEMENTS. Or you can be like me and have a collection of unopened physical games that will gain value over time.

• Like 2

Nice! I've been waiting for so long to play all these games again. All of these are great Final Fantasy titles the only one in question is FF2 which has the worst leveling system and story but overall worth the price imo.

2023 is a great year for Final Fantasy fans, we have this, the music game in Feb, FF16 in June and FF7 Remake Part 2 in the fall. Plus I'm playing Crisis Core right now, I can't get enough of the series.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

I think it's nuts that they limited even the Standard edition. Like, I could understand the special edition, but both? Come on.

Remember when Nintendo made the physical version of "Super Mario 3D All-Stars" available for a limited time?

It always comes down to this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_missing_out

15 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Just woke up, and the Collector's Edition is already sold out. Great.

5 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

I think it's nuts that they limited even the Standard edition. Like, I could understand the special edition, but both? Come on.

itsgone-southpark.gif

Standard is out of stock too, it seems. Gotta love how greedy and out of touch this company has become. ( :

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Yeah but like, it's money on the table and they decided it wasn't worth it? There are companies with far, far smaller games with nowhere near the budget or popularity of FF that don't pull this shit. It's ridiculous.

It took them years to port these remasters over to consoles after saying that they'd only do it "if the demand was there", despite the fact that it obviously was back then and still is to this day. It's not surprising in the slightest, even if it's still detestable, that Square Enix is absolutely out of touch and/or maliciously greedy at this point.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

Just now, Zephrese said:

It took them years to port these remasters over the consoles after saying that they'd only do it "if the demand was there", despite the fact that it obviously was (back then and clearly to this day).

It's not surprising in the slightest, even if it's still detestable, that Square Enix is absolutely out of touch and/or maliciously greedy at this point.

Yeah but even that doesn't make sense. In limiting the physical editions entirely all they've done is limit the amount of money they'll make on them, it isn't even greed, just raw stupidity. Hell there are obscure remasters made by SE that have disc editions you can buy today, years after they came out.
This is just plain damn stupid on all counts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

They were released in 2021.

Still too damn long. lol

2 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

This is just plain damn stupid on all counts.

Most limited BS like this is. They care more for short-term profits when it comes to this kind of thing, I guess. -shrug-

Edited by Zephrese

Damn, sold out already? I'm glad I decided to buy the standard edition immediately instead of waiting! ?
Sucks for people that are busy and couldn't buy it though. I wonder why they limited the standard edition ?

Maybe they'll decide to make a second batch of physical editions now that they've seen how much demand there is for the pixel remasters on console.

1 hour ago, Alos88 said:

Hopefully this is just Square’s own stock numbers being underbaked and the Standard edition will also be available on Amazon etc once all those places get around to putting their pre-orders up.

The standard PS4 edition is showing unavailable in Europe currently so annoyingly I’ve had to stick in a pre-order for the collector’s edition despite not actually wanting anything in it other than the game…

Square Enix: Try not to make everything SE Store Exclusive challenge - IMPOSSIBLE

It'd be great if SE actually started giving a damn about the AU/NZ SE store because right now all it has are digital games. Always have to take an L when it comes to special editions of their games. 

£64.99 for a PS4 game is quite strong money. That's a days wages for most of the countries earners in full time work.

I honestly would have expected a £45 price tag.

Also stupid it's a limited number of disc versions. Although I can see them turning back on this and upping the prints to allow other retailers the chance to sell them.

For me,I'm happy it's coming. I have CC reunion to enjoy plus FFXVI on 23 June. And either winter 23 early 2024 for Rebirth. There's plenty of stuff to play without bringing Resident Evil into the mix 

Been tracking the price on steam for a few months now. It’s usually $11.99 per game on sale for a $17.99 regularly priced game. Not sure if they’ll sell a bundle digitally, but it’s probably worth waiting for a discount on the bundle, if there is one and you’re not planning to play it right away like myself.

Edited by Hornet