Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster on PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?

• Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI

12 hours ago, Zephrese said:

itsgone-southpark.gif

Standard is out of stock too, it seems. Gotta love how greedy and out of touch this company has become. ( :

Square Enix is dragging their feet in the mud. They are the closest thing to EA, Activision and Ubisoft here in the West. 

I was lucky enough to play a couple of the classic Final Fantasy games on Super Nintendo at a cousins house. Final Fantasy VI is one of my favorite 2D JRPGs aside from Chrono Trigger, which I hope gets trophy support some day. 

Thinking about it I’m less annyed at the price tag and more at the fact they’re gone and exclusive to SE store instead of just realeasing it to regular retailers.

maybe I’m an idiot but if six of the best and most influential jrpgs are bundled together they should be worth their value . 

but not making them accessible is bullshit 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I was under the impression that they haven't even gone live for preorder cause there's a thing on the page saying enter email to be notified when they go live so I dunno how they would be sold out

When the SE store sells out they offer the waiting list button usually instead of just labelling it as sold out. Sometimes it works out but sometimes it doesn't. I was on the waiting list for one game on their store for ages before I gave up

31 minutes ago, majob said:

When the SE store sells out they offer the waiting list button usually instead of just labelling it as sold out. Sometimes it works out but sometimes it doesn't. I was on the waiting list for one game on their store for ages before I gave up

Oh damn and I went immediately when I found out they had it on the site god how do people get stuff so dang fast

1 hour ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

I'm hoping for 6 plats, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was 1 plat across all 6 games.

Honestly, Square Enix no longer puts much effort into anything on a grand scale. That includes this particular release, which they've handled.... let's just say it's par for the course.

With that said, the Steam versions each have individual "Platinums", in the form of Achievements that you unlock after getting all the other achievements. It would take them more effort to remove those as opposed to just converting them. It's a pretty safe bet to say those will be the Platinum trophies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alayaes said:

Honestly, Square Enix no longer puts much effort into anything on a grand scale. That includes this particular release, which they've handled.... let's just say it's par for the course.

With that said, the Steam versions each have individual "Platinums", in the form of Achievements that you unlock after getting all the other achievements. It would take them more effort to remove those as opposed to just converting them. It's a pretty safe bet to say those will be the Platinum trophies.

This is what I'm hoping for. Yeah the steam achievements have a lot of copy and paste of certain ones, like gil, bestiary, and named locations, but I am looking forward to the collection. IV is my favorite FF and it will give me a reason to play v and vi the only numbered FF I haven't played. 

14 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Oh damn and I went immediately when I found out they had it on the site god how do people get stuff so dang fast

Like most gaming things, it was first announced on Twitter. People knew about it before it happened.

20 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I just happened to be browsing Facebook when it went live, so that’s how I found out. If not, would’ve missed it for sure.

I still don’t get why they chose to do it when they did. Much of North America was in bed. That was kind of a dick move on their part.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

I just happened to be browsing Facebook when it went live, so that’s how I found out. If not, would’ve missed it for sure.

I still don’t get why they chose to do it when they did. Much of North America was in bed. That was kind of a dick move on their part.

Completely agree hopefully they will put out more and everyone can get a copy 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChadDeathBringer said:

Now on the Square Enix site  instead of a waiting list being there now is listed as no longer available. Cant believe they are doing such a low print run and not going to actually have a longer window available for people wanting to preorder the physical copy of these classics... 

Guessing they maxed out their wait list.

13 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

@MidnightDragon was looking at the site. Wishlist is no longer a thing. Just says "no longer available". 

We struck a rare item 

Screenshot_20221219_191853_Chrome.jpg

Yea, true. I imagine there will be scalpers having a field day with this. 

Edited by MidnightDragon

1 hour ago, ChadDeathBringer said:

Now on the Square Enix site  instead of a waiting list being there now is listed as no longer available. Cant believe they are doing such a low print run and not going to actually have a longer window available for people wanting to preorder the physical copy of these classics... 

• Like 1

The standard edition is going for like 300-400 AUD on Ebay (scalpers eating good), meanwhile when I looked at a Japanese reseller that ships to Australia, the collector's edition was 400 AUD. 

Ridiculous how the standard edition has become the same price as the collector's edition in this case. This is probably the first time I've ever seen a standard edition be a lot RARER than the supposed 'collector's edition'. I see more collector's editions up for sale on resellers than the standard edition. Square Enix with the big brain plays. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

I WANT to be excited. But the way they handled the pathetic physical release has me more disappointed than anything. I WILL be excited after I get over this initial frustration. They are all great games that are always worth replaying, and this time with trophies!

6 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Anything less than 6 full, individual platinums and I’ll be pissed. If Stroke the Monkey gets a platinum, Final Fantasy VI better get one. 

I can almost guarantee them each having a Platinum. The Steam versions each have an achievement for getting all the other achievements, and they are each going to be sold separately too.

• Like 2