Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster on PS4

Abby_TheLastofUs

Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pixel Remaster are you looking forward to playing/replaying the most?

• Final Fantasy I
    • Final Fantasy II
    • Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI

19 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Why does it take so long to release some crappy port of a remaster of 30 years old games? And no release date still.

I mean, this is a company that delayed a port of Valkyrie Profile for months

FF will probably get more care, but Squeenix will be Squeenix.

19 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Why does it take so long to release some crappy port of a remaster of 30 years old games? And no release date still.

Just a guess but the $300 edition came with a ton of physical items that all need to be manufactured and many companies have had issues with supply chains still.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised they're coming with themes and avatars, especially themes. PS5 doesn't support themes, so it's interesting to see devs still make new ones in 2023 for the PS4. 

I would like all the games, but IV and VI are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that I'll almost surely get. VI has a legendary status, and I want to experience it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

If you were a lucky soul to preorder the physical release, the money will be taken soon. 

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2023/03/no-release-date-for-final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-ps4-but-square-enix-taking-payments-soon

Mine got taken when I preordered, but just FYI.

ours was taken the day we ordered and what, it was around 27min till they were sold out? 

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

ours was taken the day we ordered and what, it was around 27min till they were sold out? 

Switch, yea. PS4 took slightly longer. We were lucky enough to be awake.

So will it have six lists with plats or some crazy mega list or something disappointing? :hmm: 

Edited by MidnightDragon

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

So will it have six lists with plats or some crazy mega list or something disappointing? :hmm: 

If they sell the games individually, they have to be seperate lists, or a list for FF1 with 5 add-ons which would look absolutely stupid.

Also JP has a physical coming with english, so really, its just our version that was limited. No idea why. It should have just had a retail release. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Also JP has a physical coming with english, so really, its just our version that was limited. No idea why. It should have just had a retail release. 

'Cause it's Square. lmao

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

If they sell the games individually, they have to be seperate lists, or a list for FF1 with 5 add-ons which would look absolutely stupid.

Switch only, I think. Preorders for the PS4 version on Play Asia got canceled.

1 minute ago, DoctorTaco said:

the switch eShop has all six games listed individually which most likely means that the playstation will be the same. So it's sounding like it'll be six trophy lists.

Supposedly there will be a bundle with all six, too. 

30 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Most likely the lists will resemble the Steam achievement lists when they all released there. Got to have 6 Platinums surely.

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Supposedly there will be a bundle with all six, too. 

That would make financial sense for SE. Of course SE do some random stuff more often that you'd think, but that should be a no brainer right there.

Still annoyed that the PS4 version got a very limited run of physical copies. It wasn't even available in my country due to being locked to the SE store. Was gonna import it from a Japanese online store but they only had the collector's edition available and that shit was like 600 AUD with the shipping. I love FF as much as the next guy but paying that much for FF1-6 pixel remasters is ridiculous. The hardcover artbook looked nice but not 600 AUD nice.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Still annoyed that the PS4 version got a very limited run of physical copies. It wasn't even available in my country due to being locked to the SE store. Was gonna import it from a Japanese online store but they only had the collector's edition available and that shit was like 600 AUD with the shipping. I love FF as much as the next guy but paying that much for FF1-6 pixel remasters is ridiculous. The hardcover artbook looked nice but not 600 AUD nice.

I thought Japan only got the collectors edition? There’s never been a listing for a “regular” PS4 release there as far as I’ve seen (ignoring the PlayAsia one that went up in error), for physical solus it’s just an EU/US release?