Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden release dates

Taruta13

After watching a video on Youtube listing 130 games coming to PS4/PS5, I learned about Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden's release dates. For the record, these are the PS4 ports, similar to how Persona 5 Royal came to PS5 in October. It turns out that the video revealed that Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Golden are getting ported to the PS4 on January 19, 2023. That means we have a month and six days before these games come out on the PS4.

Now I won't talk about any changes to Persona 4 Golden, as they will probably just make the same trophy list for the original Persona 4 Golden, which I despise. (Hardcore Risette can go die in a fire.) However, Persona 3 has never got a trophy list as the original Persona 3 was on Playstation 2 and P3P was on the PSP. They did add it to the Vita library but, since it was a "PSP Classic" it did not get a trophy list. So, I want to hear some thoughts on what the trophy list will be for Persona 3 Portable for the PS4. Will it be as bad as Persona 4 Golden or will it be as good as Persona 5 Royal's?

Oh yeah, it won't be the same as there is no fishing in Persona 3. :P I'll be putting up a speculative list later.

• Like 2

i'm so ready for these Games :awesome:

A P3 Trophlist would be probably like :

Clearing all of Tartarus, 999 or more damage with single attack, exploit weakness, defeat Elizabeth, complete persona compendium. To Name a few.

I'm more curious if they make the Ai Party Member controllable :hmm:

We've known the date for a couple Months by now actually ? I have no idea what the Trophys are gonna be like for P3P but I'm just happy that it (and P4G) are FINALLY coming to Home PlayStation Consoles now (and others, though never expected or really cared for that honestly... Persona is and always will be a PlayStation Franchise in my eyes ?‍♂️) I'll be buying them on PS4/Switch and grabbing them on my Xbox Series X through Game Pass Ultimate ? also am I the only one kinda peeved that they are getting NATIVE Xbox Series Versions but are only gonna be "BackCompat" PS4 Games on PS5??? I'm sure they'll run the same but I'd have loved to get a possible 4 Platinums out of them instead of just the 2 ?

On 12/13/2022 at 4:11 PM, ExHaseo said:

I'm hoping it will be as good as Persona 4 Golden. I want to have to 100% the game.

I'm not trying to be a Rudy Rainmaker here and say that I hated Persona 4 Golden. I loved the game! I only have issues with one trophy, I would have gladly done everything else. I had the honor of getting 100% social links in the original Persona 3(considering that game causes any female social link people to fall in love with you if you get them to Rank 9 which is ridiculous. I romanced Chihiro, the Justice Link, and then all of a sudden all of the girls wanted some hot *** on the hero. WTF?) so I'm not adverse to cracking open another guide and just doing it. It's just that Hardcore Risette irks me.

Anyways, I hope to see what the future holds for Persona. ;)

On 12/14/2022 at 8:06 AM, ShonenCat said:

I have yet to experience Persona 3, so I’m rather excited to start that game whenever I get around to it 1f61b.png Will probably end up being a milestone like the other two I played 1f643.png

You're not going to experience it with this bastardized version of a classic ps2 game.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 10:51 PM, Z1MZUM said:

You're not going to experience it with this bastardized version of a classic ps2 game.

Yes, it's basically point-and-click combined with visual novel and the only thing that stayed intact were the Tartarus runs. This was mainly because they couldn't port the game to PSP because that device was a pile of rotten maggots with less processing power than the Nintendo DS so they couldn't carry over the 3D experience of school life that the PS2 offered. All in all, though, after checking it out a bit, I did like the experience of not having to run around a small school area. To be honest, Persona 3 was not as advanced in exploring the normal areas as Persona 4 or especially 5 because the only places you could explore outside of Tartarus were the school, the dorms and a small mall. Any other places you visited were cutscene cinemas. It was just meh. I also didn't really care much about the characters as they were sort of bland, but at the time this was amazing. :P

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 8:23 PM, Taruta13 said:

Yes, it's basically point-and-click combined with visual novel and the only thing that stayed intact were the Tartarus runs. This was mainly because they couldn't port the game to PSP because that device was a pile of rotten maggots with less processing power than the Nintendo DS so they couldn't carry over the 3D experience of school life that the PS2 offered. All in all, though, after checking it out a bit, I did like the experience of not having to run around a small school area. To be honest, Persona 3 was not as advanced in exploring the normal areas as Persona 4 or especially 5 because the only places you could explore outside of Tartarus were the school, the dorms and a small mall. Any other places you visited were cutscene cinemas. It was just meh. I also didn't really care much about the characters as they were sort of bland, but at the time this was amazing. :P

I think Junpei is probably one of my favorite Persona characters tbh and I loved the Story which without the fmv's runs pretty flat. I mean it's a hand held device and P3P didn't produce the popularity of the series as this was already achieved with the "proper" version. I think it's just a real shame to finally re-release a classic like this in this state, Is Sony thinking that people with the digital PS2 version on PS3 are expecting a freebie? For someone who has spent allot of time in Japan I get that the Handheld popularity is pretty huge which makes sense since Tokyo is pretty hectic, you need time and space to play a console.

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

I think Junpei is probably one of my favorite Persona characters tbh and I loved the Story which without the fmv's runs pretty flat. I mean it's a hand held device and P3P didn't produce the popularity of the series as this was already achieved with the "proper" version. I think it's just a real shame to finally re-release a classic like this in this state

I redact my statement about the PSP. I have played it for a while before I threw it in the trash and my favorite games were Disgaea 1: Afternoon of Darkness and Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days. (I really want to see Disgaea 2 Complete which has the Axel mode from Dark Hero Days as Axel is basically as popular as Laharl now so they shouldn't sleep on this as Disgaea 2 was the game that got me into the series. :P) And if Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is any indication, the fact that something as powerful as THAT was able to run on the PSP - ableit a buggy mess that would make Pokemon Red/Blue and Scarlet/Violet blush in envy - then something a lot less demanding like the original Persona 3 with all the bells and whistles with just an alternate timeline for a female character would have been possible. Instead, they wasted their time and money cutting out all of the stuff that people wanted to see and just leaving the battle animations. *shrug* It doesn't me as much but I have played (and even 100% Social Links) the original Persona 3(not FES, as I didn't feel like going through all that again just for a two hour dungeon run boss rush with the Answer) so it would have been interesting to see how that went. We'll see what happens and I'll only purchase a game based on its trophy list.

That means I am probably going to avoid the Persona 4 Golden port like I do the original because of Risette. :(

19 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

I redact my statement about the PSP. I have played it for a while before I threw it in the trash and my favorite games were Disgaea 1: Afternoon of Darkness and Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days. (I really want to see Disgaea 2 Complete which has the Axel mode from Dark Hero Days as Axel is basically as popular as Laharl now so they shouldn't sleep on this as Disgaea 2 was the game that got me into the series. :P) And if Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is any indication, the fact that something as powerful as THAT was able to run on the PSP - ableit a buggy mess that would make Pokemon Red/Blue and Scarlet/Violet blush in envy - then something a lot less demanding like the original Persona 3 with all the bells and whistles with just an alternate timeline for a female character would have been possible. Instead, they wasted their time and money cutting out all of the stuff that people wanted to see and just leaving the battle animations. *shrug* It doesn't me as much but I have played (and even 100% Social Links) the original Persona 3(not FES, as I didn't feel like going through all that again just for a two hour dungeon run boss rush with the Answer) so it would have been interesting to see how that went. We'll see what happens and I'll only purchase a game based on its trophy list.

That means I am probably going to avoid the Persona 4 Golden port like I do the original because of Risette. :(

Hardcore Risette! Everyone's favorite!