Autopop. Post here.

Update: Autopop does not work. HOWEVER if you have a save right before the last mission on Death March and complete it you will get the Death March trophy. This applies to other trophies as well. You can use your old save on ps5 and get the kill trophies with only a single kill (minus the marksman one of course...), or 1 sign post will unlock the 100 sign post trophy. Same thing for the 30 books, 12 potion formulaes, 6 bomb formulaes etc. 

Refer to this post: 

Hopefully this helps some people. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There's 1-way cross-save from the PS4 to the PS5 but no auto-pop, which means you have to redo all the trophies from scratch: https://www.(URL not allowed)/n22518/the-witcher-3-ps5-trophies

That article is based on the link I posted. Marcin Momot answered someone asking if he can transfer achievements from steam to console. He said it will not transfer between platforms. One can hope and interpret that it can transfer over next gen though. Doubtful but would make sense that it could, but couldn't between different gaming platforms. 

I just want confirmation from players first who try testing it. That article is just reiterating what Momot said but in their own words and changing a few things. 

I’m all for an auto pop and I look forward to laughing at the eventual anti-Pop crowd and their tears in this thread. This is one I’ll be playing through from scratch myself though. One of my all time favourite games. 

In a similar vein, and this seems like the place to ask, what I want to know - is there two lists for the standard and the GotY versions of Witcher 3 for PS5? To enjoy it in current-gen twice with the bonus of seperate lists would be nice ?

Update: there is just the one PS5 version by the looks of things.

Edited by OTPYG

6 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

I was going to earn them all over again regardless, probably my favorite Platinum to achieve. Plus, I'm stupidly excited to destroy some AI in Gwent again.

If it wasn't for the missables and marksman trophies I would agree. This game has some of the worst missable trophies I've gone for lol. Autopop would be nice cause I would just play at my own pace without having to worry about any trophies. 

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, cof2in_vovas240 said:

Does anyone know if autopop works in the game now?

The devs have said there is no auto-pop for this game so don't expect that to ever change. If you want to stack this game, you will have to redo it from scratch each time:

The update comes via developer CD Projekt Red's Marcin Momot on Twitter, who confirmed that The Witcher 3's trophies will not auto-unlock for PS4 players. While you can carry over your Witcher 3 save file from PS4 to PS5, this will not automatically pop those PS5 trophies so tough luck if you were looking for an easy platinum just in time for Christmas. While tough news for some, this might just be the greatest Christmas gift of all for other players who just want to relive collecting all of The Witcher 3's trophies again from start to finish.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question, i have made some saves right before unlocking certain trophies (death march, witcher contracts etc and ill be doing it for the gwent cards for sure), so if i decide to start another version of the game, then it's possible to carry that save over and pop the trophy because the save doesn't have the trophy unlocked right? 

5 minutes ago, Wuthg21 said:

Quick question, i have made some saves right before unlocking certain trophies (death march, witcher contracts etc and ill be doing it for the gwent cards for sure), so if i decide to start another version of the game, then it's possible to carry that save over and pop the trophy because the save doesn't have the trophy unlocked right? 

Yup - a practice known as "savepopping"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2023 at 11:55 PM, Wuthg21 said:

Alright thanks, if i ever start other versions its good to know i can just pop the most annoying stuff out of the way

Hi, this is a path i want to follow aswell so i'm trying to craft as many info together as possible before doing so.

Have you tried this in the mean time? Have you gone for Death March and Gwent cards in the same playthrough and tried to let them auto-pop?

My main attention goes to Card Collector trophy to pop via PS4 -> PS5 cross save. I will try to do Death March and all Gwent cards on PS4 version by leaving 1-3 missable Gwent quests (such as the Passiflora one, or the Vegelbud party) ignored for now. These will count towards the Card Collector later. By sparing missable card quest and not touching them until a certain point in the game will (as i expect it) make the trophy pop on PS5 version later. 

Edited by majo334

4 hours ago, majo334 said:

Hi, this is a path i want to follow aswell so i'm trying to craft as many info together as possible before doing so.

Have you tried this in the mean time? Have you gone for Death March and Gwent cards in the same playthrough and tried to let them auto-pop?

My main attention goes to Card Collector trophy to pop via PS4 -> PS5 cross save. I will try to do Death March and all Gwent cards on PS4 version by leaving 1-3 missable Gwent quests (such as the Passiflora one, or the Vegelbud party) ignored for now. These will count towards the Card Collector later. By sparing missable card quest and not touching them until a certain point in the game will (as i expect it) make the trophy pop on PS5 version later. 

Hey, so i haven't done it yet or tried it, since i still have to finish the last dlc, but i made saves before i did the required action that unlocks the trophy, so i'm guessing, when i load for example my gwent save on the ps5 version, and i will collect the last card i need, that the trophy pops 

1 hour ago, Wuthg21 said:

Hey, so i haven't done it yet or tried it, since i still have to finish the last dlc, but i made saves before i did the required action that unlocks the trophy, so i'm guessing, when i load for example my gwent save on the ps5 version, and i will collect the last card i need, that the trophy pops 

Thanks. Thats exactly the plan, i really hope so aswell that it will work. I'm planning on doing this in a fresh save file on PS4 since in my old save (+300 hrs) i failed some Gwent quests that made the collector trophy unobtainable. Its SOOO easy to miss a card. So for one last time i want to make sure to do everything right and hopefully save some time for the PS5 platinum later by going for this method. 

Despite people say there is no auto-pop for PS5 there definitely is when creating a save shortly before a trophy can pop. Its also possible to get the Death March auto-pop by transfering a save exactly before the last fight.

By just loading into PS5 i already got the trophy "Globetrotter" (discover 100 fast-travel places) without doing anything at all. So the ability to auto-pop is definitely there it just needs to meet certain requirements.

Edited by majo334

11 hours ago, majo334 said:

Thanks. Thats exactly the plan, i really hope so aswell that it will work. I'm planning on doing this in a fresh save file on PS4 since in my old save (+300 hrs) i failed some Gwent quests that made the collector trophy unobtainable. Its SOOO easy to miss a card. So for one last time i want to make sure to do everything right and hopefully save some time for the PS5 platinum later by going for this method. 

Despite people say there is no auto-pop for PS5 there definitely is when creating a save shortly before a trophy can pop. Its also possible to get the Death March auto-pop by transfering a save exactly before the last fight.

By just loading into PS5 i already got the trophy "Globetrotter" (discover 100 fast-travel places) without doing anything at all. So the ability to auto-pop is definitely there it just needs to meet certain requirements.

I have made saves from the base game before every missable trophy, and some tedious stuff like death march, only downside now is that i can only use 1 save slot in the dlc😅