Auto-Pop/Save Transfer Thread

Bloke

This thread is created for information on save file transferring and any form of auto-pop for trophies between PS4>PS5 and vice versa.

If you have any information please add it to this thread if you wish to help others with this stack.

Cheers

Edit:

Here is some Auto-pop information so far.

Another auto-pop article on this topic.

Other useful links:

Witcher 3 GOTY Trophy Guide

Gwent Collectibles Guide

Hearts of Stone DLC Guide

Blood and Wine DLC Guide

PSTrophies Witcher 3 Speedrun Text Guide

Edited by TriadThunder
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, TriadThunder said:

I'm going to assume this would be similar to Borderlands/Borderlands 2 and you can create save files before you unlock trophies. Transfer the save to PS5, then unlock the respective trophy.

Really hope so. Played the PS4 version last summer and left a save just before the last Gwent card. Really not looking forward to doing that again.

3 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

But there is NG+, right? So if you transfer save and start NG+, you should be able to get all trophies?

I would say that you would have to still replay the story for those trophies and potentially purchase or win 1 card for the Gwent trophies to unlock in NG+

1 hour ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Great that means have to do another guided playthrough to not  miss any of the gwent cards urgh

A great guide focusing on gwent cards already exists here on psnprofiles, no need to rewrite it. Here it is : 

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4250-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-card-collector-guide

4 minutes ago, ReisGoktug said:

I Have my Witcher 3 PS4 Save data on my PS5. And I there isn't any transfer option. Did anyone able to transfer ps4 save to ps5 ?

Today December 14 later, there will be also a ps4 TW3 patch. Guess it will allow transfer options in a correct way

Edited by djippps

1 hour ago, p-KEK-a said:

Really hope so. Played the PS4 version last summer and left a save just before the last Gwent card. Really not looking forward to doing that again.

Actually redoing all gwent is not that bad.  You may need to heed though, if it’s like 2077, some trophies, like playing only neutral, playing three heroes in a round, if you get them before your save on the ps4, they may never pop again on the ps5. Thus you may still need to do a few hcollectibles to get some hero cards on a new playthrough for those trophies. I remember those trophies always pop before final collection.

Edited by archangeltw_

6 hours ago, zachpicc said:

If you load a NG+ save in, I’m sure you would save a bit of time on some trophies im sure, obviously will have to do a lot again but I’m thinking it’d be a easier/shorter plat experience 

planning to do this (?) although is there a possibility to miss a trophy like if you collect every card and there's a trophy for collecting all cards etc

43 minutes ago, noyram23 said:

planning to do this (?) although is there a possibility to miss a trophy like if you collect every card and there's a trophy for collecting all cards etc

Yea I'm a bit worried too, tbch this is one of the only games that I pretty much know back to front, so starting a fresh save will probably be just as good/efficient of a platinum journey than starting a ng+

7 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

My worry is that, on NG+, we get locked out of the armour schematics trophies since we have them already. 

I'll just start a fresh new game on Death March. 

Yea that's a valid conern, I'll do the same as you I think

19 minutes ago, sxie0212 said:

Hey folks, anyone figured out to how import the PS4 saves yet? 

Pretty sure I've read that firstly, it must be the GOTY edition, the standard edition won't upload the save. But load up your PS4 GOTY version, somehwere in the settings (you may have to actually go into a save and start a save, then bring up a menu) there'll be an option to upload the save to CDPRs cloud. Mainly what I've seen from reddit, then on the PS5 game you can easily download it I pressume?

7 minutes ago, sxie0212 said:

The NG+ has new sets of schematics, you'll most likely be fine.

what about Gwent cards, wouldn't you have them all going into NG+ already