Auto-Pop/Save Transfer Thread

Bloke

42 minutes ago, zachpicc said:

Pretty sure I've read that firstly, it must be the GOTY edition, the standard edition won't upload the save. But load up your PS4 GOTY version, somehwere in the settings (you may have to actually go into a save and start a save, then bring up a menu) there'll be an option to upload the save to CDPRs cloud. Mainly what I've seen from reddit, then on the PS5 game you can easily download it I pressume?

what about Gwent cards, wouldn't you have them all going into NG+ already

That would really suck if it has to be the GOTY version, I don’t know why they would leave out the standard edition. Since you couldn’t transfer your ps4 standard save to the ps4 GOTY edition that would mean players like me who played the whole game on the standard ps4 version can’t transfer save. :(

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, imCOLDholdME said:

That would really suck if it has to be the GOTY version, I don’t know why they would leave out the standard edition. Since you couldn’t transfer your ps4 standard save to the ps4 GOTY edition that would mean players like me who played the whole game on the standard ps4 version can’t transfer save. :(

Just checked, it DOES NOT have to be the GOTY edition. You can use the standard edition to upload save to GOG. 
the whole save upload has been kind of confusing and probably the worst part of this release, but I’ve finally figured it out. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, imCOLDholdME said:

Just checked, it DOES NOT have to be the GOTY edition. You can use the standard edition to upload save to GOG. 
the whole save upload has been kind of confusing and probably the worst part of this release, but I’ve finally figured it out. 

oh thats great! I'm sorry I had put that out there, just what I had read!

9 minutes ago, BENBRUECK said:

Hi,

stupid Question: can i upload my PS4 Data in my cloud an play a ng+ with the PS5 Upgrade?

thanks

Yes, but you have to upload your safefile to the GOG cloud using the PS4 version of the game updated to 4.00. You can then load it in the PS5 version.

19 minutes ago, sxie0212 said:

I was able to pop the Gwent cards trophy on my old end game save. What I did was to buy a duplicate base game card from any merchant and the trophy popped.

So I've been playing around my old PS4 post-game save, and was able to pop some trophies, here are my thoughts:

1. Most miscellaneous trophies can be triggered easily if you have unlock them before. For example, for the reading 30 books trophy, I simply bought a book from a merchant and read it, the trophy popped. There is a trophy requiring equip a full set of witcher armor, if you already have a full set, just unequip and equip again, the trophy will pop.

2. Most combat trophy can be earned again, I did the 10x streak parry one and it unlocked without any problems at all.

3. I did manage to unlock the Gwent Card collection trophy: I have already had the full set in my save, I went a merchant and bought a duplicate card, the trophy popped immediately. This is a huge relief as folks are worried it won't unlock properly if carried to NG+.

4. Since my save is already post-game, I can't earn any story-related trophies or difficulty trophies. But I feel pretty comfortable now to carry it over to NG+ and finish death march, it should unlock the trophy just fine.

I just tested, and can confirm, if your save has already unlocked the combat-related miscellaneous trophies, you just need to perform them once more to unlock!

I just pushed ONE enemy off the edge using Aard sign and the Humpty Dumpty trophy (requires you to do so 10 times) just unlocked for me!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Moolynx-USA said:

Would new game plus lock you out of level related trophies since you will start at a high level? 

I wanted to know that as well. It won't directly unlock, but I suspect once you level up it will, just need to test if it is the case.

9 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

For anyone who had trouble with gwent. Download an app on your phone called "Gwent tracker". I used in on all of my 3 stacks of the game, will use it for ps5 ver too. Makes it easy to check off all the cards

Does this app tell you where they are to? 

1 hour ago, sxie0212 said:

I just tested, and can confirm, if your save has already unlocked the combat-related miscellaneous trophies, you just need to perform them once more to unlock!

I just pushed ONE enemy off the edge using Aard sign and the Humpty Dumpty trophy (requires you to do so 10 times) just unlocked for me!

amazing this is great to know!

16 minutes ago, sxie0212 said:

I wanted to know that as well. It won't directly unlock, but I suspect once you level up it will, just need to test if it is the case.

Based off the other tests you've done, I think it should pop which is great

19 minutes ago, JayBoyXI said:

Does this app tell you where they are to? 

Yes! :) It shows you all info needed! Where it is, if it's random, or if it's quest related. It clearly marks DLC cards etc. It's great. All you need to do is to check missable cards online, but there's like 5 of them max. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArtMontef said:

Yes! :) It shows you all info needed! Where it is, if it's random, or if it's quest related. It clearly marks DLC cards etc. It's great. All you need to do is to check missable cards online, but there's like 5 of them max. 

Praise the lord!!!!! 

3 hours ago, sxie0212 said:

I was able to pop the Gwent cards trophy on my old end game save. What I did was to buy a duplicate base game card from any merchant and the trophy popped.

So I've been playing around my old PS4 post-game save, and was able to pop some trophies, here are my thoughts:

1. Most miscellaneous trophies can be triggered easily if you have unlock them before. For example, for the reading 30 books trophy, I simply bought a book from a merchant and read it, the trophy popped. There is a trophy requiring equip a full set of witcher armor, if you already have a full set, just unequip and equip again, the trophy will pop.

2. Most combat trophy can be earned again, I did the 10x streak parry one and it unlocked without any problems at all.

3. I did manage to unlock the Gwent Card collection trophy: I have already had the full set in my save, I went a merchant and bought a duplicate card, the trophy popped immediately. This is a huge relief as folks are worried it won't unlock properly if carried to NG+.

4. Since my save is already post-game, I can't earn any story-related trophies or difficulty trophies. But I feel pretty comfortable now to carry it over to NG+ and finish death march, it should unlock the trophy just fine.

where did you buy the card?

So for the first time ever I am confused about save transfer. 

I am trying to help my boyfriend upload his saves between PS4 and PS5. 

I logged in to GOG to his account on both versions. When I look at the savefiles on PS4 they do have the little cloud icon there. 

But when I boot up the PS5 version? Nothing

[Edit] I cleared all save data from ps5 version and logged in again to GoG, the savefiles appeared!

Edited by ArtMontef

16 minutes ago, HATiDUS said:

Hi guys, I haven't downloaded yet the update for the ps5 version and I'd like to restart a new entire playthrough on ng+ but I have some doubts about a couple of things; it's already confirmed that in ng+ some things will be lost like the follows: 

Quest items, except for some rather minor ones that you might as well sell when you get the chance.

Books, both physical copies and their entries in your journal

Gwent cards, except for the basic starting northern realms deck

Crafting diagrams, including all witcher school gear diagrams

A number of alchemy formulas, however quite a few will remain for potions, bombs and ingredients.

All map exploration, points of interest, etc.

Bestiary entries

Character entries

Now, my doubts are about some trophies related to progression which are these:

Dendrologist (Acquire all the Abilities in one tree)

Mutant (Fill all mutagen slots)

Let's Cook! (Learn 12 potion formulae)

Bombardier (Collect the formulae for 6 different bomb types)

Munchkin (Reach character development level 35)

Maybe those relating to potions, mutagens or skill trees, for example, just respec the points or find the right formulas that the trophy requires, but what about the level of the character? I think that's the biggest problem because everything else is potentially obtainable in ng+ but geralt's level is higher than 35.

Please if anyone has started a new game plus whit this update and can give me an answer I'll thank you very much.

p.s. sorry if the post is long and my english not very good ?

I quickly pooped Dendrologist (respecced), Mutant (just flicked a skill in and out), Lets cook by buying a formula, so I'm sure everything else will pop intuatively 

13 minutes ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

where did you buy the card?

I bought one at Inn at the Crossroads and it popped 

11 minutes ago, zachpicc said:

I quickly pooped Dendrologist (respecced), Mutant (just flicked a skill in and out), Lets cook by buying a formula, so I'm sure everything else will pop intuatively 

I bought one at Inn at the Crossroads and it popped 

That seller dont have more cards for me.

And the Dendrologist what you did?

29 minutes ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

That seller dont have more cards for me.

And the Dendrologist what you did?

Maybe you could try get the cow card in heart of stone dlc. But that one is not in the base game, nothing guarantee. I think I bought all available cards in the game since my last run was very throughout, I will restart gwent from scratch since I need some decent cards to beat the tournament

Edited by archangeltw_

2 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

Maybe you could try get the cow card in heart of stone dlc. But that one is not in the base game, nothing guarantee. I think I bought all available cards in the game since my last run was very throughout, I will restart gwent from scratch since I need some decent cards to beat the tournament

That card are in the beginning of the DLC?