Auto-Pop/Save Transfer Thread

Bloke

9 hours ago, imCOLDholdME said:

Just checked, it DOES NOT have to be the GOTY edition. You can use the standard edition to upload save to GOG. 
the whole save upload has been kind of confusing and probably the worst part of this release, but I’ve finally figured it out. 

uploading and downloading, both?

10 hours ago, fbdbh said:

If anyone can confirm “save before trigger” -> pop on PS5 works, that would be nice. We could save before the last Gwent and Death March, and breeze through again on easy.

i think this should work just like in 2077. its pretty much same crosssave system

Edited by Voland44
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Only love for this game but after getting it 100% on PC and another one on PS4 I just don't have the dedication for a third time :P 

Don't be weak! Go for it! (I'm joking of course)

I have 3 plat stack already, played this game over 15 times, now time for two another playthroughs on PS5, it's worth it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sxie0212 said:

I was able to pop the Gwent cards trophy on my old end game save. What I did was to buy a duplicate base game card from any merchant and the trophy popped.

So I've been playing around my old PS4 post-game save, and was able to pop some trophies, here are my thoughts:

1. Most miscellaneous trophies can be triggered easily if you have unlock them before. For example, for the reading 30 books trophy, I simply bought a book from a merchant and read it, the trophy popped. There is a trophy requiring equip a full set of witcher armor, if you already have a full set, just unequip and equip again, the trophy will pop.

2. Most combat trophy can be earned again, I did the 10x streak parry one and it unlocked without any problems at all.

3. I did manage to unlock the Gwent Card collection trophy: I have already had the full set in my save, I went a merchant and bought a duplicate card, the trophy popped immediately. This is a huge relief as folks are worried it won't unlock properly if carried to NG+.

4. Since my save is already post-game, I can't earn any story-related trophies or difficulty trophies. But I feel pretty comfortable now to carry it over to NG+ and finish death march, it should unlock the trophy just fine.

Heya, I was wondering, I platinumed the witcher on ps4 in 2017, so don't really wanna platinum it again, but i wanna play thousands of hours with the photo mode without worrying too much about trophies, but i can't lol. I would love to get the card tropy out of the way. Do you think it is possible to use the crosssave feature of gog to download someone else's save file and trigger the trophy like u did with the card trophy? I know ps accounts cant download other people's save file, but im new to gog crosssaves, and this looks like it's possible if lets say; i make a new gog account, u log in to it in game, upload your save to it, i log in to it on my ps, i download that save?

3 hours ago, ArtMontef said:

I am out of random players in base game, but I wonder if getting a random card in Blood and wine would help it to pop? I think I might be missing some weather card duplicate, but no clue who to play with

Cant you just flick on that free card pack setting in the options that has come with this update??

If someone has the gwent card trophy, I heard you can trigger it by buying another duplicate card on ps5. If so, would it be possible to share a newly created gog account and trigger the card trophy with someone else's save via crossshare? 

(I platinumed before in 2017, but wondering if this works)

4 minutes ago, HateCulture said:

If someone has the gwent card trophy, I heard you can trigger it by buying another duplicate card on ps5. If so, would it be possible to share a newly created gog account and trigger the card trophy with someone else's save via crossshare? 

Using another persons account to pop a trophy is against the leaderboard rules and would earn a flag.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, HateCulture said:

I checked all my cards with the list and i have all cards and the duplicated ones. I bought some new cards but they are from DLC and i dont gto the trophy.

10 hours ago, sxie0212 said:

3. I did manage to unlock the Gwent Card collection trophy: I have already had the full set in my save, I went a merchant and bought a duplicate card, the trophy popped immediately. This is a huge relief as folks are worried it won't unlock properly if carried to NG+.

Doesn't work for me.

Loaded a save on PS5 with the full set collected and found a merchant that has a duplicate card (Northern Realms: Poor F*ing Infantry) but the trophy didn't pop upon buying the card.

EDIT: I guess the problem with the card above is that it is already in Geralt's base deck when one starts a new game, so the game doesn't register collecting such a card towards the trophy. I'm going to look through my decks if I have other cards of which I can still buy duplicates.

Edited by Saint-Fall

2 minutes ago, KingTom95 said:

If youre going into NG+ arent all the cards you need available again ?

This way you could start a NG+ and buy a duplicate at the beginning and pop the trophy. 

Not at home right now but maybe someone can try this out.

Pretty sure u need all the cards together on the same character, and ng+ resets the cards you have already

32 minutes ago, Saint-Fall said:

Doesn't work for me.

Loaded a save on PS5 with the full set collected and found a merchant that has a duplicate card (Northern Realms: Poor F*ing Infantry) but the trophy didn't pop upon buying the card.

EDIT: I guess the problem with the card above is that it is already in Geralt's base deck when one starts a new game, so the game doesn't register collecting such a card towards the trophy. I'm going to look through my decks if I have other cards of which I can still buy duplicates.

I checked all cards on the Gwent APP on smartphone and i notice i left one card duplicated, the Albrich. I only have one but the APP says there are two of them in Crows Perch, but the two vendors from there dont have any.

I guess the guides are wrong concerning the Albrich card, there is probably only one. At least no one could ever give a definitive answer where the second card is located.

Unfortunately for me, I just checked and I was very thorough in my last playthrough, I don't have any more duplicates left to buy ? Hence, I can't check if buying another duplicate card (one of which is not in Geralt's base deck) would make the trophy pop.

11 hours ago, s-cyrax said:

Where can I buy duplicate cards Gwint? Say a place. Thank you.

8 hours ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

where did you buy the card?

Pretty much every village merchant in Velen has some cards to sell. I bought mine at the Crow's Perch.

And the card has to be the base-game card. I tried with the DLC card, it didn't work for the trophy.

1 hour ago, Saint-Fall said:

Doesn't work for me.

Could be. What I bought was a nilfgaard one and it worked.

Reach level 35 (Munchkin) popped for me as soon as I leveled up in NG+. Mutant auto popped. Purchased full tree of abilities to pop Dendrologist and then reloaded the save. Also loaded an old finished NG+ save and ran to the devils pit to pop marksman with one headshot. Can’t speak to gwent/death march as I’m looking forward to redoing them so didn’t try

2 minutes ago, kingem7 said:

Reach level 35 (Munchkin) popped for me as soon as I leveled up in NG+. Mutant auto popped. Purchased full tree of abilities to pop Dendrologist and then reloaded the save. Also loaded an old finished NG+ save and ran to the devils pit to pop marksman with one headshot. Can’t speak to gwent/death march as I’m looking forward to redoing them so didn’t try

The maskman trophy popped for you without any issue? 

I was able to get all combat miscellaneous trophy except for this one. Pretty much headshot all enemies in devil's pit and the trophy just wouldn't trigger. Also, since they added a brand new quest to devil's pit, the enemies won't respawn anymore after you move out move in the map. This drives me crazy.

6 minutes ago, sxie0212 said:

The maskman trophy popped for you without any issue? 

I was able to get all combat miscellaneous trophy except for this one. Pretty much headshot all enemies in devil's pit and the trophy just wouldn't trigger. Also, since they added a brand new quest to devil's pit, the enemies won't respawn anymore after you move out move in the map. This drives me crazy.

Yes, first enemy in the pit I headshotted it popped. It’s the only combat one I’ve tried because it’s the only trophy I remember hating. Sorry it didn’t pop for you and they got rid of devils pit being farmable, that really sucks

Chiming in with my experience. I originally platted using the speedrun guide on the .org site. I was able to easily pop most trophies using a save I had from the final quest. All difficulties popped when I finished the quest. Bought one more book and bomb recipe for those trophies. I still needed cards on that save so I was able to finish that out the usual way with random Gwent games. Most combat trophies popped with one more time of each required task except for Overkill and Master Marksman which I needed to do from scratch. Finishing the last two contracts I had popped The Professional. 

Assuming you made carefully planned saves it wouldn't be too hard to play both versions simultaneously. In my case I'm just going to do a ng+ playthrough on easy to get the story and contract trophies I still need.

• Like 1