Auto-Pop/Save Transfer Thread

Bloke

I purchased a card like @sxie0212 at crows perch and popped the gwent trophy.

For me it was the Decoy card which i bought from the Quartermaster there.

As well i discovered another fast travel point and go the trophy for discovering 100 of them.

So far it looks like trophies will pop whenever you get another card, fast travel point, book while already fulfilling the requirements before.

For gwent you probably need a duplicate only from the cards who are needed for the trophy, no extra cards and dlc ones will work i guess.

This is rather unfair because people who enjoyed gwent more bascially getting punished for it by having all the dupes already. I hope they will patch it.

I will start a fresh save to enjoy this masterpiece again, just glad i got this one out of the way.

I can confirm the save transfer works just fine across regions, so you can essentially get 4 plats for the price of 1.1 if one was so inclined (the 0.1 being the effort of making strategic manual saves).

However, it doesn't let you load a cloud save on vanilla W3 if the save file has DLC. So because I've only platted the EU GOTY stack, I can't load that save on the non-GOTY version. Maybe if I acquire the DLC, this will change? I'll check eventually.

Can't get the Gwent trophy to pop from buying dupes (I even bought the 2 Nilfgardian ones at Crow's Perch), so that sucks. But I have a save midway through the game, if worse comes to worst.

Edited by hore

2 hours ago, kingem7 said:

Yes, first enemy in the pit I headshotted it popped. It’s the only combat one I’ve tried because it’s the only trophy I remember hating. Sorry it didn’t pop for you and they got rid of devils pit being farmable, that really sucks

I had to redo 50 headshots in Toussaint to pop the trophy. I guess when I did it on PS4, I did it and then reload a save to save some skill points put in the crossbow branch.

Just now, Mastodon_Slayer said:

No, but i remember did this on PS4 with the broadhead bolts, and the description for that bolts says 100% bleeding. And all the videos on youtube use that bolts. But im trying and nobody starts to bleeding.

The broadhead bolts worked just fine for me, that's how I got the trophy. Are you doing it on human enemies?

1 hour ago, N7Spartansw0rd said:

Is it possible to have no more duplicate Gwent cards available? Spent about an hour traveling around trying to buy one but couldn't find any. Dunno if I exhausted them all in my play through or what

I’m in the same position. I went through all the merchants I could find and none of them had any cards. Guess I’m gonna need to just do it all again in a new game

6 hours ago, hore said:

I can confirm the save transfer works just fine across regions, so you can essentially get 4 plats for the price of 1.1 if one was so inclined (the 0.1 being the effort of making strategic manual saves).

However, it doesn't let you load a cloud save on vanilla W3 if the save file has DLC. So because I've only platted the EU GOTY stack, I can't load that save on the non-GOTY version. Maybe if I acquire the DLC, this will change? I'll check eventually.

Can't get the Gwent trophy to pop from buying dupes (I even bought the 2 Nilfgardian ones at Crow's Perch), so that sucks. But I have a save midway through the game, if worse comes to worst.

4 things to add here:

1. Sure enough, downloading the DLC let me load my EU GOTY save in the NA non-GOTY version.
  2. I just realized the amazing guide I followed was written by optimusmart, whose real identity is what we now know as the legend @Optinooby ?
  3. I'm an idiot, and the save file I was using was missing 1 Gwent card (I guess I closed app and deleted game as soon as it popped ?)
  4. I am so fucking glad I didn't waste time doing this game from scratch more than once :pimp:

lzek1Ye.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bovrillor said:

Imported my PS4 save (which has the Gwent trophy unlocked) 

Went hunting for duplicate cards. Found a vendor with 4 cards for sale and won another from him. 

Gwent Trophy has not popped. Absolutely gutted. 

I was under the impression that you wouldn't be able to earn cards from vendors anymore once you've unlocked the trophy.

I did find a merchant who had a card for sale but he was part of the Hearts of Stone DLC and so I guess that doesn't count.

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Im going to be Remaking that guide over here actually in the coming months using the PS5 version, its in dire need of images, maps and such

Yeah I've noticed a couple of errors when I was looking through again. Nothing major but a couple of missing dialogue options and minor things like that. Considering the size of the game I'm surprised there isn't more though.

1 hour ago, MoneyShotxox said:

Oh righteous one please show us the way, how to ligally have fun. For we loss shepherds have no meaning of this word ligally. Please show us the 10 commandments of how trophies should be unlocked as the trophy bible says, so we can have fun and not stray from the path by finding sinful fun. 

You consider auto popping being a fun?

• Like 2