Auto-Pop/Save Transfer Thread

Bloke

I have bought the disc for vanilla The Witcher 3 on ps4 (Europe) and bought the dic on the ps store. I have seen the digital Goty edition has disappeared and been replaced by the "Complete" edition for ps4-ps5. I have the following questions : 

1) On ps5, do I get access to the full complete edition ? (since I have bought vanilla cd and digital dlc)

2) After installing the game, do I still the cd on ps5 to play it? (I suppose)

3) If I buy digitally the complete edition for ps4-ps5, do I get access to the "goty" ps4 trophy list ? (the one with the yellow banner)

Thanks for your help

1 hour ago, fatos10 said:

Can someone confirm that you will earn the death march trophy by loading an earlier save and completing for example the final quest again ? 

I can confirm this. Same goes for the Level 35 trophy if you rank up again and you’re already 35 or higher. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

You consider auto popping being a fun?

The fact that it is possible to pop death March and gwent with out worrying makes the play through so much more enjoyable for me so yes, getting to play the game how I want does make it fun .

Edited by MoneyShotxox
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MoneyShotxox said:

Oh righteous one please show us the way, how to ligally have fun. For we loss shepherds have no meaning of this word ligally. Please show us the 10 commandments of how trophies should be unlocked as the trophy bible says, so we can have fun and not stray from the path by finding sinful fun. 

How exactly are you having fun when you're not playing at all? Are you having fun by deluding yourself?

Seriously, you guys are no different than people who play crappy 30-min platinums like "My Name is Mayo" and feel good about hearing the notificating sound of trophies. It's really funny how susceptible some people are to instant gratification.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Laikaros said:

Anyone got “I have a gwent problem”? I got the one from the base game from buying a duplicate card, but not this one from Blood and Wine. Any tips?

It was the opposite for me - found a duplicate one from some Hearts of Stone merchant, I think it was, but it didn't count. I'd love to find a duplicate out there that would count but I was pretty thorough on my first playthrough in getting them all so I'd be surprised if there's one that'll count that I missed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fatos10 said:

Can someone confirm that you will earn the death march trophy by loading an earlier save and completing for example the final quest again ? 

Yes I got save file on death March when you need to go to fog island to find ciri(about 5 hr) before game end,did it and got a trophy for death March! Im

13 hours ago, JayBoyXI said:

So what gwent card did people buy and from which vendor to pop the collector trophy? 

You need to have duplicate card from base game like "Decoy" to pop trophy for gwent otherwise you need to start from scratch

9 hours ago, Pwarro said:

I tried and he didn't sell card anymore... Do you know other locations ?

If you collected cards with use of interactive map you probably bought all cards everytime you visited a new vendor/inkeeper

Question,can you share your save from death March to your friends,giving them acc details of GOG.com and letting them download my save and pop the trophies? Same for gwent ofc

1 hour ago, mati11120 said:

Yes I got save file on death March when you need to go to fog island to find ciri(about 5 hr) before game end,did it and got a trophy for death March! Im

You need to have duplicate card from base game like "Decoy" to pop trophy for gwent otherwise you need to start from scratch

If you collected cards with use of interactive map you probably bought all cards everytime you visited a new vendor/inkeeper

Question,can you share your save from death March to your friends,giving them acc details of GOG.com and letting them download my save and pop the trophies? Same for gwent ofc

You have any save before the end in death march? 

1 hour ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

You have any save before the end in death march? 

Yes,save file when Geralt need to go mist island to find ciri for the first time,then Kaer Morhen assault,battle with Imlerith and 3 witches then some cave exploring,fight with second wild hunt leader then Eredin 

5 hours ago, mati11120 said:

I think I collected all... Do you have a save with 1 duplicate card left for the gwent trophy ? It's the only trophy I really don't want to do it again

Debating whether I want to completely start over or just import the save I had to the PS5 version. I never finished this game, Gwent became a bit overbearing...though it's kind of on me, while I didn't care for Gwent I let it build up to the point were I almost needed to play the Gwent tournament, but I had a bunch of NPC's I needed to play first before I lost their cards. It was just Gwent match after Gwent match, then I had the tournament right after...I needed a break and just never went back. 

So I'm determined to give this a second chance, actually try to learn how to play Gwent effectively (or if anyone knows any tips to win almost every time, that'd be great), but I remember it took me awhile to get comfortable with Death March difficulty, there were a few fights early on I really don't want to do again (those 3 sirens, ugh), but I also know just jumping back in will put me at the disadvantage of not remembering anything and trying to relearn how to play while on Death March a good deal into the story. Would it be more efficient to play on Normal, then do NG+ on Death March and just speed through the story missions? I believe back when I was playing in 2015 there wasn't a NG+ until after I stopped playing (or it came after I already started)...so it wasn't an option for me yet. 

Edited by Viper

4 hours ago, Jack_Graal said:

So if my saves have all base Gwent cards already collected, there's no way to autopop the "Card Collector" trophy? I didn't touch DLC content so maybe there's a way?

That's the only one trophy that I'd rather not do again 

Dlc cards doesn't count to base game because those count for trophies tied to dlcs

5 hours ago, Jack_Graal said:

So if my saves have all base Gwent cards already collected, there's no way to autopop the "Card Collector" trophy? I didn't touch DLC content so maybe there's a way?

That's the only one trophy that I'd rather not do again 

I collected almost 50% cards from scratch from inkeepers and merchants,didn't touch the story 

On 15/12/2022 at 5:58 AM, Creasy007 said:

I was under the impression that you wouldn't be able to earn cards from vendors anymore once you've unlocked the trophy.

I did find a merchant who had a card for sale but he was part of the Hearts of Stone DLC and so I guess that doesn't count.

It turns out the same thing had happened to me. Stupid circus dude and his fake cards >.< 

Turns out I've also been wasting hours playing merchants hoping for a Clear Weather / Torrential Rain card only to discover the fandom wiki is wrong and there's only 2 of each.

So it would seem my magical Gwent book is correct: I'm screwed. Just love being punished for having a thorough collection already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bovrillor said:

It turns out the same thing had happened to me. Stupid circus dude and his fake cards >.< 

Turns out I've also been wasting hours playing merchants hoping for a Clear Weather / Torrential Rain card only to discover the fandom wiki is wrong and there's only 2 of each.

So it would seem my magical Gwent book is correct: I'm screwed. Just love being punished for having a thorough collection already. 

Every weather effect card has 3 duplicates. Source: I just checked my platinum save file. 

Gwent book doesn't count duplicates :) Download Gwent tracker app on your phone and check there, it has all locations for every card if they are set to the opponent, or if it's from random opponent. 

I have different question to everyone, I might do fresh start and do all the trophies legit for the fourth time (still debating the marksman trophy and overkill). Obviously most of us did it in Devil's Pit by luring bandits to the gate and dealing with them there. 

1. I only been to the pit once after the upgrade, but every time the combat starts the gate gets closed. Was that random, or is it programmed now to avoid exploit of bandits getting stuck at the gate? 

2. Is there any other decent farming spot besides Devil's Pit? ? I really want to do the new exclusive quest, but from what I know Devil's Pit gets turned into a hospital after the quest and I won't be able to fight anyone there.