Auto-Pop/Save Transfer Thread

Bloke

1 hour ago, ArtMontef said:

Every weather effect card has 3 duplicates. Source: I just checked my platinum save file. 

Gwent book doesn't count duplicates :) Download Gwent tracker app on your phone and check there, it has all locations for every card if they are set to the opponent, or if it's from random opponent. 

I've now beaten every listed opponent in the game and nobody handed out either of those 2 weather cards. I've seen a number of other forum threads where people never get them either so I presume they must be bugged like the Ballista (some people get 2 in the pack, others like me only got 1)

1 hour ago, ArtMontef said:

Every weather effect card has 3 duplicates. Source: I just checked my platinum save file. 

Gwent book doesn't count duplicates :) Download Gwent tracker app on your phone and check there, it has all locations for every card if they are set to the opponent, or if it's from random opponent. 

I have different question to everyone, I might do fresh start and do all the trophies legit for the fourth time (still debating the marksman trophy and overkill). Obviously most of us did it in Devil's Pit by luring bandits to the gate and dealing with them there. 

1. I only been to the pit once after the upgrade, but every time the combat starts the gate gets closed. Was that random, or is it programmed now to avoid exploit of bandits getting stuck at the gate? 

2. Is there any other decent farming spot besides Devil's Pit? ? I really want to do the new exclusive quest, but from what I know Devil's Pit gets turned into a hospital after the quest and I won't be able to fight anyone there. 

Regarding the cards, my god this gave me hope. I only have 2 Torrential Rain and 2 Clear Weather. Can you confirm that you have 3 of each? This will make my entire life.

regarding your question, there is a much, much easier place to get these trophies out of the way. I did both in 30 minutes. Please check the place in this video:

1 hour ago, falsaai said:

Regarding the cards, my god this gave me hope. I only have 2 Torrential Rain and 2 Clear Weather. Can you confirm that you have 3 of each? This will make my entire life

Bad news mate, I found the reason for the card discrepancy. If you began your save on patch 1.08 or earlier, there's only 2 of those cards (and only 1 Albrich and 1 Ballista instead of 2 of each)

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me - You've got everything you can, ergo you're screwed. 

49 minutes ago, ThunderSaucepan said:

Planning to play it on PS5 soon. Having no autopop isn't too bad if there's NG+. Wish I could say the same about Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla, which, despite having the same gear complexity and depth don't have their own NG+ for some reason. 

You might rethink that position when you realise the NG+ strips a bunch of your stuff away, including all your Gwent cards

On 15/12/2022 at 8:04 PM, MoneyShotxox said:

Everyone plays differently to other people, everyone has their own idea of fun. 
what is more pathetic then dogging on people for their play style is caring how other people play. 

I have platinum this game twice if I choose to skip doing death March or gwent because the option is there then that’s up to me, I will be having a relaxing fun time playing the way I want. 
My play style has zero impact on your gaming life so don’t worry your safe to do what you find fun.

I don't have problem with people's "playstyle", I just don't see the "play" part on autopopping... 

There is no point on arguing with logical fallacies, like strawman argument. I didn't talk about anyone's playstyle, why you generilaze it? Autoppoping isn't a playstyle, you are not just skipping a part of the game(like Gwent) as you want to present it, you are not playing at all how can any logical person consider it a "playstyle"?! People who take advantage of autopopping platintums either do it because of low self-esteem and try to boost it with fake platinums or either because they like the rewarding sound of a popping trophy.

And really it's not I like have problem with you or these people who choose to delude themselves, at the very least I pity you. If you want delude yourself by calling it "playstyle" to feel better, please keep on doing so. My main problem is the fake statistics, these platinums became unrealistically common and their leaderboards lose their meaning. 

Edited by Kiyan-13
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mikem192 said:

No no no no just no

Obviously just came into this thread to be that person which is just boring 

If I want to load up old saves to get the pain in the arse trophies, which I have legit earned once already and can obviously do again, for a quick win so I can play the game and enjoy it without worrying, then I will. Then I can enjoy the game on PS5 without worry

Not everyone has 200+ hours spare to do it all again from the start 

I understand and I'm not arguing about skipping boring parts of a game, I do the same if I have the option.

My problem is about autopopping the entire platinum, and then calling it a day. I personally find it unethical, it's no different than people who play low quality games to boost their statistics. 

Edited by Kiyan-13
  • Like 1

I made this thread with the intent to allow people to help eachother, which seems to be happening. If a developer gives you the option to transfer saves and that function unlocks trophies, why is that the fault of the end user?

• Like 3

On 12/15/2022 at 2:20 PM, Creasy007 said:

It was the opposite for me - found a duplicate one from some Hearts of Stone merchant, I think it was, but it didn't count. I'd love to find a duplicate out there that would count but I was pretty thorough on my first playthrough in getting them all so I'd be surprised if there's one that'll count that I missed.

Same here. The guy in Upper Mill next to the runewright in the far northeast corner of Velen. He had a Monsters card, a Scoia’tael card, and a neutral card. Also bought the same neutral card from the elf just northwest of Carsten. Nothing. Trophy didn’t pop on any of them. Let me know if you find a solution. Good luck on the Path.

Edited by JamieHexum

On 12/16/2022 at 2:28 PM, Viper said:

Debating whether I want to completely start over or just import the save I had to the PS5 version. I never finished this game, Gwent became a bit overbearing...though it's kind of on me, while I didn't care for Gwent I let it build up to the point were I almost needed to play the Gwent tournament, but I had a bunch of NPC's I needed to play first before I lost their cards. It was just Gwent match after Gwent match, then I had the tournament right after...I needed a break and just never went back. 

So I'm determined to give this a second chance, actually try to learn how to play Gwent effectively (or if anyone knows any tips to win almost every time, that'd be great), but I remember it took me awhile to get comfortable with Death March difficulty, there were a few fights early on I really don't want to do again (those 3 sirens, ugh), but I also know just jumping back in will put me at the disadvantage of not remembering anything and trying to relearn how to play while on Death March a good deal into the story. Would it be more efficient to play on Normal, then do NG+ on Death March and just speed through the story missions? I believe back when I was playing in 2015 there wasn't a NG+ until after I stopped playing (or it came after I already started)...so it wasn't an option for me yet. 

For the most efficient win rate in every match you need to have spy in your deck and potentially decoy because almost every time when you use spy then opponent do the same(except he have  a monsters deck),then use decoy and use his spy against him to get another 2 free cards then let him win this round,in round 2 npc basically give up after putting 2-3 cards most of the time after 1 but sometimes npcs are going wild to try to win second round too.I advise you to first in second round when is draw to put first lower power cards because AI is designed to put close to your power range or even outplay you by 2-3 points.Another advice to have leader card with clear sun ability because if you concentrate your damage on 1 side then npc will will put fog,water or mist most of the time then play cards like he never put those environment cards and  remove those effects on very last turn,my only difficult opponents to win was the npcs with ability to disable my leader ability card in this case you should equip to your deck clear sun.sorry for my bad English its not my mother language 

Edited by mati11120
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, falsaai said:

Regarding the cards, my god this gave me hope. I only have 2 Torrential Rain and 2 Clear Weather. Can you confirm that you have 3 of each? This will make my entire life.

regarding your question, there is a much, much easier place to get these trophies out of the way. I did both in 30 minutes. Please check the place in this video:

Ah shit, I am so sorry, someone mentioned here that there are only two cards of those now? I double checked and yeah, I do have 3 cards of weather effects each. It's relatively "fresh" savefile, because I platinumed NA stack last month. So I am not sure if your savefile should have two or 3 cards each. I started with one card of each in my deck and earned other duplicates down the line. 

I wish I could help more, but all I can suggest if you end up doing Gwent all over again, I highly suggest Gwent Tracker app for phones. I use it every time I go for a plat and it has been tremendous help. You can check off cards you have, see which ones are missing, and every card has a description where you can get it, if it's DLC or base game, etc. 

8 hours ago, JamieHexum said:

Same here. The guy in Upper Mill next to the runewright in the far northeast corner of Velen. He had a Monsters card, a Scoia’tael card, and a neutral card. Also bought the same neutral card from the elf just northwest of Carsten. Nothing. Trophy didn’t pop on any of them. Let me know if you find a solution. Good luck on the Path.

You too! I didn't search that much, but beyond that guy, I couldn't find any duplicates, and certainly none that would count. I even thought about searching for B&W duplicates but knew those wouldn't count either so I didn't bother wasting my time. I'm already on my fresh playthrough and flying through re-gathering and earning them. It's not a big deal, I do love the collection system and playing the game, but would've certainly been refreshing to get them out of the way. Plus, I guess even if I was lucky, I'd still have to recollect a bunch of them to win the tournament, so not a huge deal in the end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

You too! I didn't search that much, but beyond that guy, I couldn't find any duplicates, and certainly none that would count. I even thought about searching for B&W duplicates but knew those wouldn't count either so I didn't bother wasting my time. I'm already on my fresh playthrough and flying through re-gathering and earning them. It's not a big deal, I do love the collection system and playing the game, but would've certainly been refreshing to get them out of the way. Plus, I guess even if I was lucky, I'd still have to recollect a bunch of them to win the tournament, so not a huge deal in the end.

That is a great point about needing enough to win the tournament. Oh, well. Guess I’m in good company. I love me some Gwent, I just don’t like having to obsess over what I’m missing. Last playthrough (and I’ve already platinumed twice), I came within a hair of missing out on a missable card. On the bright side, at least I had a decent Death March save.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, noyram23 said:

Anyone having problem unlocking the Axii trophy? The guys that i'm mind controlling can't kill anyone (they dont do damage for some reason) or they get killed on 1 hit.

Friend of mine said the same thing. I’d also love to hear what people are doing for the Master Marksman trophy now that they patched Devil’s Pit.

8 hours ago, JamieHexum said:

That is a great point about needing enough to win the tournament. Oh, well. Guess I’m in good company. I love me some Gwent, I just don’t like having to obsess over what I’m missing. Last playthrough (and I’ve already platinumed twice), I came within a hair of missing out on a missable card. On the bright side, at least I had a decent Death March save.

Having Platinumed the game three times before, I guess I feel familiar enough with it now that I know for certain which ones are missable. Even still, there's always that lingering "what did I miss?" thought at the back of my mind that has me scrambling for a list of cards to make sure, 150%, I didn't miss one.

The only pain for me now is stressing over playing every single merchant and blacksmith I come across to make sure I'm not missing a few near the end that I have to specially seek out to play, since you can't simply play the same person over and over before you get all the miscellaneous cards that come as rewards. I just got to Skellige tonight and am fully locked in and covered on all the missable trophies (and even managed to win the tournament tonight), so feeling good on that end. And yes, I'm not remotely a card game fan at all, but damn, if I don't sink a stupid amount of time into Gwent in this game, even beyond the trophies. Sometimes it's nice breaking up all the combat and exploration with some relaxing Gwent against a stranger.

And as for the Master Marksman trophy, I was bummed to see Devil's Pit was patched, until someone was kind enough to link me to this spot. It works wonders and I got all 50 headshots in 25-30 minutes max. It's the spot in this video. You can kill them both, run back up the hill a ways, come back down and they'll respawn. If they don't, just try it again. No fast travel or loading screens required. It's probably a great spot for a lot of other kill-related trophies too if you don't feel like save scumming previous, PS4 saves or using Devil's Pit for those.

Edited by Creasy007
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JamieHexum said:

Friend of mine said the same thing. I’d also love to hear what people are doing for the Master Marksman trophy now that they patched Devil’s Pit.

Just do the skellige spots, it’s so much easier since you can just meditate on the spawn point.

• Like 1

For the Axii trophy I used the skellige spot and would stab one of the guys to get him weak then axii him to get him to stand still then would axii puppet the other guy, I would keep axiing the weakened guy in hopes he wouldn't hit the puppet guy before he killed him.

There is still a chance the weakened guy would kill the puppet, but the odds are more in favour of the puppet winning, also if you puppet the guy when the weakened guy is out of his line of sight he would just not do anything.

It's such a pain in the ass trophy to do, but doing it in the skellige spot give you more control since there is just two guys to deal with.

2 hours ago, serplus said:

For the Axii trophy I used the skellige spot and would stab one of the guys to get him weak then axii him to get him to stand still then would axii puppet the other guy, I would keep axiing the weakened guy in hopes he wouldn't hit the puppet guy before he killed him.

There is still a chance the weakened guy would kill the puppet, but the odds are more in favour of the puppet winning, also if you puppet the guy when the weakened guy is out of his line of sight he would just not do anything.

It's such a pain in the ass trophy to do, but doing it in the skellige spot give you more control since there is just two guys to deal with.

The issue is the puppet guy can't kill the other guy, I already done this platinum 3 times in the past and i'm not sure if the game version is currently bugged or something.

I'm having the axii issue as well. Either the puppet gets one hit killed or does no damage. Has to be a bug.Not sure if delusion is still a problem tho.

Edit: I finally managed to pop the trophy. Instead of Skellige or Devil's Pit, I kept going back to the dogs at Hanged Man's Tree in Velen. Took longer that it used to, but the dogs are level one and the VERY little damage the puppet does managed to work. I fast traveled away to Skellige and returned to the dogs to respawn them. Took quite a few tries but it does work.

Edited by UTSeminole
Update