Auto-Pop/Save Transfer Thread

Bloke

The trophy pop is very inconsistent. I transfer some of my old PC 100% savegames (from 2018, 1.32) to PS5 with the cross-save, and I can confirm some things.

• There is almost no autopop, but for few trophies like having a set, or having a bonus from BaW grandmaster sets,
  • Other ones like having all skills from a tree, mutagens, read 30 books, etc can be achieved again without an issue. Just reset the skills and learn all again, unequip-equip a mutagen or read another book/note and they will pop.
  • Same for all the farming trophies like kill 50 enemies with environment, stack 10 times bleed/poison/fire, 50 headshots, discover 100 fast travel points, etc... You only have to do 1 more to make the trophies pop if you already did it in your old savegames.
  • Btw... Axii trophy look bug or weird as fuck, as any enemy controled by Axii is one-shotted. Also, the bug of shooting an enemy to the head with the crossbow is still there, and half of the times it doesn't count as a headshot.
  • Some others needed to be done again from scratch, like parry 10 times in a row, kill 5 in 10 seconds, power overwhelming, or the "win a gwent round doing X"
  • Difficulties trophies don't pop even if you transfer a post-game save. Nonetheless if you transfer a savegame before complete the game and finish it, they will pop. I just transfered and old PC autosave of mine in Death March, see the ending, and all dificulty trophies pop.

I wanted to test some more of it, but I had soooo many savegames in PC from my old 350 hours run that I didn't feel like to do it and right now I'm just playing it in New Game+ again.

As I said, this was from PC to PS5, but now that all savegames are cross-platforms, I suppose that from PS4 to PS5 works the same way.

• Like 2

I guess I can’t transfer my platinum save from my old account bc both in PSN but… Can I transfer my Xbox save? I did play it at launch, max difficulty and Gwent cards, maybe some miscellaneous trophies aswell, is it posible right?

Edited by Taliak14

45 minutes ago, Taliak14 said:

I guess I can’t transfer my platinum save from my old account bc both in PSN but… Can I transfer my Xbox save? I did play it at launch, max difficulty and Gwent cards, maybe some miscellaneous trophies aswell, is it posible right?

Since you have those saves, you may just test it.

8 hours ago, Taliak14 said:

The savegames now are supposed to be cross-platform between consoles and PC, so you should have no problem between consoles.

Edited by Galserik
  • Like 1

On 22/12/2022 at 0:55 PM, Taliak14 said:

Any save from any account can be transferred. You can import your platinum save from your other PSN account (though it won't pop any trophies) or your Xbox save easily. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colia100 said:

Thank God no auto-pop 1f64f.png

Even though I would use it on certain other games, this masterpiece deserves to be played from scratch again, gwent cards and all

What is with all this “thank god no autopop” crap? If you like redoing the grind and hardest difficulty that much then why would autopop or not even matter to you?

Hopefully in a few months there’s an autopop guide because so far, it seems like a mess to figure out, as is customary for the studio. I just wanna pop everything then replay casually on Normal lol

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Major_Agnostic said:

What is with all this “thank god no autopop” crap? If you like redoing the grind and hardest difficulty that much then why would autopop or not even matter to you?

Hopefully in a few months there’s an autopop guide because so far, it seems like a mess to figure out, as is customary for the studio. I just wanna pop everything then replay casually on Normal lol

Imma butt in, but I am not guy you replied to. 

I was hoping for no autopop as well :) I don't mind what other people do, but I was genuinely worried it would automatically read my savefiles and I wouldn't have earned the plat for my favorite game ever legitimately. 

For other people, I don't know intentions of guy above, but no need to get up in arms about it, maybe he meant exactly what I do when I say I am happy there is no autopop. 

Also, no need to throw shade with "customary with the studio", there is no autopop for the game. Period. Not a single trophy will pop automatically upon loading up a savefile. You can although reload savefiles and hit some of the triggers and bypass some of the stuff, key being you have savefiles at critical moments and do stuff that re-triggers the trophy. 

If you collected all gwent cards and have no duplicates to get, you have to do it all over again. If you don't have save file just before the gwent tournament, you need to do it on NG+. I doubt there will be any workaround to that, because there is no way to re-trigger one and done things. 

It seems it works exactly the same as Ubisoft cross save system. No autopop, but workaround to use savefiles before triggers

For trophies that require x amount of enemies killed in certain way, it's clear trophies are tracked as "If the number is above X- pop the trophy". Hence why it pops on +1 kill for each type. 

I have spent thousands of hours in that game and wanted to do two full playthroughs and get all trophies legitimately, but as people above it seems Axii puppets got nerfed alot, so it might be the only trophy I will pop using my 100% savefile ?

1 hour ago, Major_Agnostic said:

You need a guide to autopop trophies?

Seems you have more things to figure out than how to play a game, i suggest you start on that first

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ArtMontef said:

Imma butt in, but I am not guy you replied to. 

I was hoping for no autopop as well :) I don't mind what other people do, but I was genuinely worried it would automatically read my savefiles and I wouldn't have earned the plat for my favorite game ever legitimately. 

For other people, I don't know intentions of guy above, but no need to get up in arms about it, maybe he meant exactly what I do when I say I am happy there is no autopop. 

Also, no need to throw shade with "customary with the studio", there is no autopop for the game. Period. Not a single trophy will pop automatically upon loading up a savefile. You can although reload savefiles and hit some of the triggers and bypass some of the stuff, key being you have savefiles at critical moments and do stuff that re-triggers the trophy. 

If you collected all gwent cards and have no duplicates to get, you have to do it all over again. If you don't have save file just before the gwent tournament, you need to do it on NG+. I doubt there will be any workaround to that, because there is no way to re-trigger one and done things. 

It seems it works exactly the same as Ubisoft cross save system. No autopop, but workaround to use savefiles before triggers

For trophies that require x amount of enemies killed in certain way, it's clear trophies are tracked as "If the number is above X- pop the trophy". Hence why it pops on +1 kill for each type. 

I have spent thousands of hours in that game and wanted to do two full playthroughs and get all trophies legitimately, but as people above it seems Axii puppets got nerfed alot, so it might be the only trophy I will pop using my 100% savefile 1f914.png

You already earned them legitimately before tho so why do the trophy unlocks matter for this? Besides, you could always just replay on a new account after the PS5 auto pops on your actual account. Autopop has simple workarounds that don’t tarnish the replay experience you want yet not having it sucks for those that just want to do a casual replay without having a bad %. 

The studio mention was because it doesn’t sound like they tested the autopops based on triggers (when you’ve already fulfilled the requirement), which I guess isn’t auto, but they should make sure there’s some congruence with old save files. I’ve heard some issues here with some trophy unlocks on here with old save files.

And I won’t even reply to the guy with the insult lol

6 hours ago, Major_Agnostic said:

You already earned them legitimately before tho so why do the trophy unlocks matter for this? Besides, you could always just replay on a new account after the PS5 auto pops on your actual account. Autopop has simple workarounds that don’t tarnish the replay experience you want yet not having it sucks for those that just want to do a casual replay without having a bad %. 

The studio mention was because it doesn’t sound like they tested the autopops based on triggers (when you’ve already fulfilled the requirement), which I guess isn’t auto, but they should make sure there’s some congruence with old save files. I’ve heard some issues here with some trophy unlocks on here with old save files.

And I won’t even reply to the guy with the insult lol

Then why dont you replay the game on a secondary account? Problem solved or are you unable to replay a game without trophies involved?

"Autopop has simple workarounds that don’t tarnish the replay experience you want"

Having autopop sucks for those who want to earn the platinum legitimately on their main account, people who simply dont want trophies they dont deserve on their profiles ( and yes, thats what autopop trophies are: undeserved). Why should they autopop them on the main account and earn them on a secondary one? Guys like you who want to do a casual replay can just do that on a secondary account as well. That way you dont have to worry about bad %. Whats the difference? Ahh, the difference is that you guys dont get a free platinum.

You earned the trophies and platinum once so why would you deserve  to unlock them twice? Thats not how it is supposed to be.

"I just wanna pop everything then replay casually on Normal lol"

And I wanna be a millionaire and marry the greatest woman on earth. Life sucks, huh?

Stop acting like a self entitled jerk, it is just pathetic to watch.

Edited by GoDBoss173

17 minutes ago, GoDBoss173 said:

Then why dont you replay the game on a secondary account? Problem solved or are you unable to replay a game without trophies involved?

"Autopop has simple workarounds that don’t tarnish the replay experience you want"

Having autopop sucks for those who want to earn the platinum legitimately on their main account, people who simply dont want trophies they dont deserve on their profiles ( and yes, thats what autopop trophies are: undeserved). Why should they autopop them on the main account and earn them on a secondary one? Guys like you who want to do a casual replay can just do that on a secondary account as well. That way you dont have to worry about bad %. Whats the difference? Ahh, the difference is that you guys dont get a free platinum.

You earned the trophies and platinum once so why would you deserve  to unlock them twice? Thats not how it is supposed to be.

"I just wanna pop everything then replay casually on Normal lol"

And I wanna be a millionaire and marry the greatest woman on earth. Life sucks, huh?

Stop acting like a self entitled jerk, it is just pathetic to watch.

Such a bitter reply, I’m sorry that you’re in such a bad mood. You didn’t understand my point, which is that there are no real downsides to autopop since you can simulate not having it. Do the plat legit again on alt and autopop on main; literally the same outcome. On the other hand, if there’s no autopop, you can’t do anything to get autopop lol. 

I'm making no argument about deserving anything buddy hahaha, I’m just pointing out how absurd it is to want no autopop. I doesn’t really bother me that there isn’t autopop, I’ll replay the game casually anyway and perhaps go for the 100% again depending on how many grindy trophies I can trigger. The assumptions you’ve made about me are false and I suggest that you refrain from that caustic behaviour in the future.

43 minutes ago, Major_Agnostic said:

Such a bitter reply, I’m sorry that you’re in such a bad mood. You didn’t understand my point, which is that there are no real downsides to autopop since you can simulate not having it. Do the plat legit again on alt and autopop on main; literally the same outcome. On the other hand, if there’s no autopop, you can’t do anything to get autopop lol. 

I'm making no argument about deserving anything buddy hahaha, I’m just pointing out how absurd it is to want no autopop. I doesn’t really bother me that there isn’t autopop, I’ll replay the game casually anyway and perhaps go for the 100% again depending on how many grindy trophies I can trigger. The assumptions you’ve made about me are false and I suggest that you refrain from that caustic behaviour in the future.

You literally wrote, I quote:

"Hopefully in a few months there’s an autopop guide because so far, it seems like a mess to figure out, as is customary for the studio. I just wanna pop everything then replay casually on Normal lol"

And now you wanna tell me that you arent bothered that there is no autopop? Who are you kidding? Dont worry I am not in a bad mood, I am literally laughing my ass off right now. If you dont want people making assumptions then I would suggest that you refrain from writing stuff that literally forces you into making such assumptions.

"On the other hand, if there’s no autopop, you can’t do anything to get autopop lol."

And whats wrong with that? Autopop shouldnt be a thing in the first place. As if all those 5 minutes platinum werent bad enough already. Now we finally got a developer who doesnt support that crap.

"You didn’t understand my point, which is that there are no real downsides to autopop"

Maybe from your perspective but it isnt a surprise to me that a person like you cant be bothered to look at it from a different one.

Just as I cant be bothered trying to explain those anymore. Wish you a nice day, buddy. ?

Edited by GoDBoss173

7 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

You literally wrote, I quote:

"Hopefully in a few months there’s an autopop guide because so far, it seems like a mess to figure out, as is customary for the studio. I just wanna pop everything then replay casually on Normal lol"

In what you quoted I literally say “lol”. Any reasonable person will see that as not being particularly up in arms about a situation hahaha.

I already responded with reasons why I think there’s no downside to enabling autopopping and you haven’t addressed them, so I think you’re the one ignoring my perspective.

So many people get so uppity about autopopping, as if it affects their pride lol makes me wonder what else you have going on in life. I for one have already done a bunch of hard plats, so some easy joke or autopop plats here and there are kinda fun.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Major_Agnostic said:

We really do need more autopop guides in the world. I might make one soon, since I've already compiled thorough notes of all the trophy pops etc.

On a related note, I've started calling this phenomenon "savepopping" since it's a whole different paradigm compared to autopopping. I plan to make a thread soon to (hopefully) establish some jargon for this new field of study so we as a community can more easily communicate how a game's save transfer system interacts with its trophies. I'm very excited to see the ensuing chaos :pimp:

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 0:24 PM, hore said:

We really do need more autopop guides in the world. I might make one soon, since I've already compiled thorough notes of all the trophy pops etc.

On a related note, I've started calling this phenomenon "savepopping" since it's a whole different paradigm compared to autopopping. I plan to make a thread soon to (hopefully) establish some jargon for this new field of study so we as a community can more easily communicate how a game's save transfer system interacts with its trophies. I'm very excited to see the ensuing chaos :pimp:

Yep, I realized that my use of "autopopping" was inaccurate and confusing, so I like the sound of "savepopping" to refer to trophies that pop when only a single part of the activity is completed with an old 'complete' save file. Also, Galserik's write-up at the top of this page would help with your guide; looking forward to seeing it. I'd contribute if I wasn't going away for 4 months lol.

• Like 1

I have a question about these save transfers. I know historically save transfers have only ever been one way (ps4 > ps5). My question is do the older versions have a way to download the save files? This wasn't really addressed in this thread. I bought the ps4 version but waited to play until the ps5 update came out. So if I play the ps5 version first, can I upload my save and get the trophies on ps4 at a later time?

I've never played a Witcher game before so I'm coming into this one completely blind. It looks a bit daunting so wish me luck lol

On 23.12.2022 at 9:38 PM, colia100 said:

Thank God no auto-pop ?

Even though I would use it on certain other games, this masterpiece deserves to be played from scratch again, gwent cards and all

Well to win the gwent tournament you do Not Need every card but you have to build a decent deck in ng+ so popping the trophy For collecting all cards does not Seem to be that important to me, just feeling a Little more comfortable with those missable cards ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegitDannyDeVito said:

I have a question about these save transfers. I know historically save transfers have only ever been one way (ps4 > ps5). My question is do the older versions have a way to download the save files? This wasn't really addressed in this thread. I bought the ps4 version but waited to play until the ps5 update came out. So if I play the ps5 version first, can I upload my save and get the trophies on ps4 at a later time?

I've never played a Witcher game before so I'm coming into this one completely blind. It looks a bit daunting so wish me luck lol

Yes. 

The save file is uploaded to the cloud on your GOG Account. That save can then be downloaded to any platform where you linked that account (PS5/4, Xbox Series, Xbox One, Steam, GOG).

There’s no autopop though, so unless you keep saves before each trophy you might need to earn most of them again. I’m doing that through NG+ at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

OK so can anyone help me with a difinitive Autopop / Quick pop guide for New Game+ on PS5. So I have 100% PS4 Save which i have transfered to PS5 and started a new game+ on Deathmarch. I want to complete the whole game of course but I dont wont to have to focus on trophy griding and missable trophies.

I know some trophies are easy to pop. For Example the level 35 trophy. I was on 52 when i stateed NG+ and as soon as i leveled up to 53 it popped.

The only trophy that auto popped on NG+ was find all mutagens.

Is there a quick an easy way to get most of the gridy trophies iv already done? I know save scumming is an option but i dont have enough strategic saves from my PS4 to actually do this?

@hore is this someting you are making a guide on?

thanks,