Auto-Pop/Save Transfer Thread

Bloke

On 12/14/2022 at 7:07 PM, Kiyan-13 said:

Hope this trend dies off, it was already stupid enough to have different trophy lists for the exact same game but now we just hand over platinums for no effort at all. 

Don't understand the appeal of autopoping trophies or people who like duplicate platinums, seriously it's like a fake platinum. Ligally cheating. 

I like to think that auto pops are fair, as long as it matches games you’ve 100%.

for example I have a lot of games that are 100% that didn’t have a platinum on my profile. So I like to think that an auto pop makes up for it. 

4 hours ago, BAMBO_19 said:

OK so can anyone help me with a difinitive Autopop / Quick pop guide for New Game+ on PS5. So I have 100% PS4 Save which i have transfered to PS5 and started a new game+ on Deathmarch. I want to complete the whole game of course but I dont wont to have to focus on trophy griding and missable trophies.

I know some trophies are easy to pop. For Example the level 35 trophy. I was on 52 when i stateed NG+ and as soon as i leveled up to 53 it popped.

The only trophy that auto popped on NG+ was find all mutagens.

Is there a quick an easy way to get most of the gridy trophies iv already done? I know save scumming is an option but i dont have enough strategic saves from my PS4 to actually do this?

@hore is this someting you are making a guide on?

thanks,

I ran into a game breaking glitch near the end of the story, so just waiting for a patch. I have a bunch of notes about how the savepop works, so maybe I will make a guide if I'm not too bitter when this glitch finally gets patched.

I was in a similar boat to you, but I also had a midgame save at Destination: Skellige, which was helpful to save time winning the Gwent tournament and having a starting point for the fist fights and horse races.

As a general rule, every quantitative trophy can be savepopped, even the 50 headshots provided you didn't revert/overwrite the save afterwards like most people did.

The main and side quests will need to be redone obviously. If you wish to savepop the other stacks, my advice is to change Autosave Interval to the minimum (2 mins, iirc), and whenever a quest trophy pops, just reload an autosave from beforehand and create a manual save. This will sync the manual save to the cloud, which can then be loaded on any of the other stacks.

Edited by hore

Anyone know of a quest that will reward me a bomb recipe to pop the Bombardier trophy? I transferred a completed NG save over in which I acquired every single bomb formula available and there doesn't seem to be any quests that give me an extra bomb recipe. Tons of quests that give me extra potion formulae, though. 

Edited by ThunderSaucepan

The crazy thing is, ANYBODY can use your save, all they need is the email and password that your save is linked to.

In a way, we could potentially boost every single trophy with just a matter of logging in if one was to make a new account for multiple trophies as you can only download a Manual, Auto, and Checkpoint.

Would this be classed as hacking save files as you're not, this backup feature here provides a very rare case.

Its good for the Death March and Card Collector, and we could theoritically share 1 share with every1, so they can get DM and Cards out the way in 2 minutes. Then they can do everything else on easy.

Guess there is also the possibility the CDP dont want us to do this and they may ban Sony accounts that keep connecting to the same CDP account.

Still though, weird case indeed.

Also, a shame you dont have unlimited save slots like on PC, otherwise we could pretty much savepop all trophies. Stupid that PS has only like 6 save slots for such a massive game

• Like 1

Been reading through the thread and trying to decide on a starting point for a new playthrough.

I originally played the game on Xbox, including the DLC, and the only things I didn't unlock were the 50 headshots, and one-shot killing the giant in the 2nd DLC - I've uploaded this save to GOG.

I'm thinking I'll start NG+ on PS5 - so long as it's not going to lock me out of any trophies, otherwise I'll just start from scratch.

My query is - and I'm sure someone must have tried this by now - If your original save was on Death March (like my xbox save), and I play NG+ on a lower difficulty, when I eventually complete the main quest - will the death march trophy pop?

If trophy pops are based on "the next progression" such as levelling up, and NG+ saves give you credit for having all gwent cards after buying just one at the start of the game - does it also give credit for all difficulties for completing just one?

To be honest, I'm not sure I want to play Death March again, even though it was fairly straight forward there were a couple of bosses I'd prefer not to run into again!

Witcher 3 & Skyrim - both games I love, but it's because of the exploration involved rather than the combat.

So I've got the plat for the PS4 version and have been using a few saves to pop some trophies in the PS5 version like Gwent, death march etc. I plan to start NG+ on PS5 with a transferred PS4 save, but I'm not sure if I've locked myself out of getting the Bombadier trophy, as I've already collected every bomb formulae on that save. Will I need to start a fresh playthrough and collect 6 formulae from scratch?

Edit: Found a Bomb Formulae in the crypt in the 'Dead Man's Party' quest in Hearts of Stone, if thats helpful for anyone.

Edited by Pete_392

Ok, that's weird. So I just started up the PS5 version, and loaded in my most recent save which had completed the game and DLC. That character was only level 53. I then loaded in my oldest save, after finishing the game but before the DLC. I turned in one mission and it jumped me up to level 62 lol. Makes no sense to me, but I have a question. I'm gonna start a NG+ on Deathmarch. Which is better, higher level or better geared save? I don't think it will matter too much, but I'm curious. 

Looks like I have no saves prior to platinum, so I'm guessing I'll have to re-do gwent and the contracts.

(sweet, there was a duplicate card for sale in Velen at the Cunny of the Goose tavern)

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

Just a heads-up for those who may need it: if you were like me and playing on Steam, you can follow an achievement guide and make a save right before you fulfill the requirements for said achievement.  Make sure it's your most recent manual save because GOG's Red Manager won't recognize it without it.  I have no interest in spending another 387 hours of my life for a platinum so I used that method to get my much deserved platinum plus 100%'d Hearts of Stone.  It's one of the greatest games ever made but I'm not going to spend 600 hours total on ONE GAME.

• Like 2