The most important Witcher 3 decision..

OTPYG

The most important Witcher 3 decision..  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Triss or Yennefer?

• Triss
    • Yennefer

1 hour ago, The Investigator said:

...shut up, Yen hates herself, Triss doesn't, that's what matters most, nothing will make Yen happy, Triss can easily be happy, who would you like to be with? a person that hates herself and can never be happy? or a person that may be a little desperate to get what she wants, but knows what she wants and is happy when she gets it?

Woah. Did we just catch a glimpse of your stream of thoughts?

Were you wronged by someone who looks like Yen? And who are you in this allegory? Geralt or Triss?

#freudian #metaphor #intense

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Investigator said:

what matters is the reason for it, Triss does what she does because she likes him, Yen does what she does because she thinks he should feel honored to be his toy and shut up, Yen hates herself, Triss doesn't, that's what matters most, nothing will make Yen happy, Triss can easily be happy, who would you like to be with? a person that hates herself and can never be happy? or a person that may be a little desperate to get what she wants, but knows what she wants and is happy when she gets it?

I don’t think their reasons are so simple… and honestly, making Triss out to be the “good guy” for doing despicable things because “she likes him” is edging into some creepy territory.

I don’t know that I’d say Yen “hates herself” or “can never be happy,” but even if you believe that to be the case, again, she’s honest about who and what she is, even when she herself doesn’t like it. Her actions regarding Geralt - like deliberately severing their bond, not in an attempt to get rid of him, but to give him the choice to love her instead of being chained by destiny - and her reaction once that plays out (assuming you, as Geralt, opt to stick with her), plus her behavior in flashbacks to Ciri’s upbringing, imply she is quite capable of happiness and contentment with herself, her circumstances, and others… when it has been earned, rather than enforced via magic, fate or manipulation.

Triss being “desperate to get what she wants” (again, to the level of “well, I’m going to lie to him about his entire background, keep lying to him to keep him away from anything that might reveal those lies or take him away from me, and be butthurt if anyone calls me on it”) is kind of a red flag. Being desperate and clingy, taking advantage of someone with reduced mental faculties, and then blameshifting or crying foul when called out for it are not desirable behaviors in my book… and if positions were reversed, I suspect would lead to the Twitterati “cancelling” Geralt.

13 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

So you... want him to... bang his daughter? That's one way to go I guess 0.o

To be fair, she is adopted. Still creepy, but not technically...his daughter.

Maybe I'm jaded from the books. Triss is really a pretty minor character in the books with a...terrible story arc. I feel like Yen is the only reasonable option.

10 minutes ago, Komrade_Dusty said:

To be fair, she is adopted. Still creepy, but not technically...his daughter.

To be fair, it was a joke lol. But if we're getting technical, he raised her since she was a kid and been involved in her life since right after conception... that would be a bit more than creepy. Some would call it "grooming" which is well beyond creepy. This isn't some step daughter that he just met, stuck under a coffee table or something. He's the one that's been there.

Edited by KingGuy420

Don't really like either of their personalities but if I had to choose between those two it'd be Triss. I enjoyed shooting Yennefer down when given the chance especially after the way she acted during the events related to the Necromancer trophy. Ciri is far and away the most likable female in the game to me. 

I didn't romance anybody when I played on PS4 because Geralt doesn't have time for that with all the monsters to kill. ?

Edited by Killbomb

I think Triss vs. Yen heavily depends on whether you played the previous 2 Witcher games or read any of the books. Seing some of the more messed up sides of Triss's personality puts a real damper on the whole cute redhead thing she's got going on.

And you can only hook up with one of them on a stuffed unicorn, so for me it's Team Yen all the way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me it would be Shani, but as the game only gives Triss or Yen as an option.

I think Yen is by far the most interesting option, her relationship with Geralt trough the books and in Wild Hunt has so many layers that it's just better in my opinion, I like Triss and she gets way more chance to have something with Geralt in the games but it's not even close.

The whole "I don't know if what I feel is due to your wish to the Djinn or just love" puts a lot into their relationship both in the books and during the game, I think the are a very good couple.

• Like 1