Sever Forever

Anathema30

How do you tear off the 100 limbs for this trophy? I'm nearing the end of my 2nd playthrough and I've either shot off the arms and legs or punched them to pieces and nothing has popped yet. Did I overlook a tutorial for this? I see others have gotten it. What am I not doing? Any help appreciated. Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, have you done many melee finishers? I knew about this trophy but forgot to focus on prioritize shooting limbs over weak spots, yet I somehow got Sever Forever on the second-to-last stage in my first playthrough. One explanation is that I did lots of melee finishers on standard enemies, wherein Jesse tends to rip them apart so maybe those limbs counted?

• 2 months later...

Anyone know for sure what is needed for this trophy? Powerpyx's guide mentions that you only need to get the ligaments to show and that you don't have to remove the entire limb. I focusing mainly on legs since that what he suggests. But other say you need to focus on shooting of arms and/or melee finishers.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I got it on my first playthrough, mission 10 when i shot a bunch of weak enemies with the upgraded shotgun. 

I did a lot of melee finishers and I focused on shooting weak spots only. I never tried to go for a limb once. But I know that headshoting gunslingers and commom enemies explode their heads (don't know if it counts, but i did it too) and gunslingers weakspots lead to desmembering when you kill them that way. 

You disable the - - - Auto-aim - - - and then you shoot the arms of the enemies. The one enemy that digs itself underground will even loose the ability to do this. But you can shoot off the arms of the week enemies as well. 

Edited by mannumberone
typo

• 3 weeks later...