[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

This somehow sounds like a great partner for the Bingo Bonanza event, so, I'm definitely joining!

And, yes, the fact that this runs all year, definitely helped on the decision..

I will likely be filling as I complete stuff for the other events (well, mainly Bingo Bonanza), and start to research on the remaining colors when I'm halfway or something..

And 2 questions:

1st - NFS Heat main color would be Pink, Purple or Blue? (For me, it would fit all of them.. and it's something that I will definitely play next year)

Ld0124b.png

2nd - Just to clarity, we are talking about the trophy list icons on PSNProfiles, right? I ask this because there are a few rare cases where the same trophy list can have 2 different images, for example: Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicles, Dark Cloud 2 is mainly Black/Orange, Dark Chronicles is mainly Blue/Orange. (It doesn't affect me, since I already platinum it, but maybe it's best to address this kind of particularities up-front).

Can't find a photo of Dark Chronicles image anywhere other than my profile on psn...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

And 2 questions:

1st - NFS Heat main color would be Pink, Purple or Blue? (For me, it would fit all of them.. and it's something that I will definitely play next year)

Ld0124b.png

I'd personally say that one was good for either blue, purple or dark purple really  - for ones like that, i think it would come down to what you fancied using it for, and what other games you were using, as it's more about where it would fall in the overall gradient, relative to the others, if that makes sense?

For example, if you slotted it in for "deep purple", but then played another game you wanted to use that was a darker purple, I'd probably just swap this one out for that... and slot this one into the free "purple" slot!

5 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

2nd - Just to clarity, we are talking about the trophy list icons on PSNProfiles, right? I ask this because there are a few rare cases where the same trophy list can have 2 different images, for example: Dark Cloud 2/Dark Chronicles, Dark Cloud 2 is mainly Black/Orange, Dark Chronicles is mainly Blue/Orange. (It doesn't affect me, since I already platinum it, but maybe it's best to address this kind of particularities up-front).

Can't find a photo of Dark Chronicles image anywhere other than my profile on psn...

Oh, interesting - I didn't realise that could happen!

I'd say probably the easiest way is to just go with whatever the image that come up in your trophy list page, so whichever one is attached to the particular version of the game you play!

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'd personally say that one was good for either blue, purple or dark purple really  - for ones like that, i think it would come down to what you fancied using it for, and what other games you were using, as it's more about where it would fall in the overall gradient, relative to the others, if that makes sense?

For example, if you slotted it in for "deep purple", but then played another game you wanted to use that was a darker purple, I'd probably just swap this one out for that... and slot this one into the free "purple" slot!

Ok, makes sense.

I was thinking that Republique would get me clear for Dark Purple, and Crisis Core for Light Blue, but my copy of Republique is the original one, so, it's Tan/Orange, not Purple lol

That was actually why I made the question, to see where I could place NFS Heat..

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Oh, interesting - I didn't realise that could happen!

I'd say probably the easiest way is to just go with whatever the image that come up in your trophy list page, so whichever one is attached to the particular version of the game you play!

Ok, yes, it's rare, most of those cases is likely because of the render background (no color, so, it turns black/white depending on background), but there are a few cases that there's actually a different icon based on region.

Anyway, will be fun to see where my current tentative games list for Bingo Bonanza and Difficulty Challenge can be placed for this event too!