[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

5 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

First game done: Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita for red. White could also work but the accent color of the game (menu, map layout etc) is also red so I think it is the most fitting. Wasn't sure about red vs maroon though because that could also work when looking at the top of the skyline, what do you think?

I agree - definitely Red (or White) for that one! ?

...my go-to frame of reference is, "if you have to tell someone which part of the image you think for a colour.... that's not the dominant colour"! ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

@DrBloodmoney This looks fun. Can you add me to the list? I've completed a few games already this year, can I use those even though they were done before I signed up?

Yup, no problem - as long as they were finished in the event duration, sign up is just a formality!

• Like 1

@DrBloodmoney dumb question but i assume that non-plats count as well right? i ask that as i did a non-plat for yellow (trivia for dummies)

overall Trivia for dummies is a bland basic barebones trivia game which was obisually a cash-grab (heck, the unity logo shows up. THE UNITY GAME ENGINE IS WHAT THIS GAME RUNS ON, ok not all unity made games are bad but i mean they don't even hide it). i'm currently writing a guide for it (one of the main reasons why i brought it while it's on sale for £2.something in the sale)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

@DrBloodmoney dumb question but i assume that non-plats count as well right? i ask that as i did a non-plat for yellow (trivia for dummies)

overall Trivia for dummies is a bland basic barebones trivia game which was obisually a cash-grab (heck, the unity logo shows up. THE UNITY GAME ENGINE IS WHAT THIS GAME RUNS ON, ok not all unity made games are bad but i mean they don't even hide it). i'm currently writing a guide for it (one of the main reasons why i brought it while it's on sale for £2.something in the sale)

Absolutely!

I don’t discriminate- and some of the best games on the systems are non-plat games, so absolutely.

as long as there’s a game image, with trophies underneath it, and you fill in the last one of them this year - that image is good for a slot!

3 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

I've just crawled out of a hole I dug myself late last year, the PS5 says I've been playing it for 83 hours, but that feels too low since I had visceral dreams about these characters, for 3 weeks I have lived and breathed my third entry to this funny Playstation Challenge... The game I believe counts as Deep Purple, it's I Was a Teenage Exocolonist. 

(*It's Blue!*)

No it's not because I need it not to be... I don't think I can go through life without instinctively hugging Rex every season. So let me have this...

Lf27d98.png

Review time! I like it.

This game lives and dies by the quality of it's writing, and golly does it live, every single major character has genuinely interesting arcs that I completed because I wanted to see what happened. It's also a hell of a looker with a very distinctive art style which feels a step above your typical Visual Novel, (3 weeks on a visual novel? In my defence it's a very complex visual novel.) It was a late comer to becoming my GOTY 2022, beating out Stray and Kirby. It was nominated for the game awards and I can see why. It's not a game everyone will like, by gods no, but I liked it and that's all that matters to me. 

Nice complete - and you’ve convinced me already! It’s on my wishlist, I swear! ?

I had my eye on this one already, but your enthusiasm has firmly shifted it from a maybe to a must-play… 

…you backlog gremlin, you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice complete - and you’ve convinced me already! It’s on my wishlist, I swear! 1f602.png

I had my eye on this one already, but your enthusiasm has firmly shifted it from a maybe to a must-play… 

…you backlog gremlin, you!

Did I mention that it also contains Poker as a central mechanic, if that influences your decision.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

Hi! I took a look through your profile, and you and I have very similar tastes (a lot of the same games) in terms of visual novels and RPGs (and music games) . So, I hope you don't mind, but, seeing that, I felt I'd be able to give you a few suggestions that you may be interested in. If these aren't what you're looking for, that's absolutely fine!! I'd just thought I'd share either way! (And who knows, these might catch someone else's eye, too!)

Yellow: 428: Shibuya Scramble

L641fad.png

I don't know how you feel about FMV (live-action elements) in your Visual Novels. But, this is one I've been eyeing for a while that you may also be interested in. It's a mystery VN focused around a kidnapping. (The Playstation storefront description is: HERE. It's currently on sale as part of the NA Region's Holiday sale.)

L738464.png

If you don't want to spend money, and happen to have PS Plus Extra/Premium, I would also argue that the PS4 version's image for The Artful Escape features Yellow as the dominant color (though, to be fair, someone has also listed it as a Pink option, which the PS5 version of the image would support, too).

Green: Lost Words: Beyond the Page

L7d0ecd.png

The dominant color in the image for this PS4 PS Plus Extra/Premium game reads as green to me, and I honestly cannot recommend it enough!! I platted this back in September, and if I could do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. It alternates between two narrative experiences (with some platforming thrown in) and there's symbolism and purpose behind each of the developer's artistic and gaming decisions that add to the overarching tale being told. The easy plat aside, this game was totally worth the experience. It made me cry, which a game hasn't made me do in a while.The last time was when I absolutely bawled like a baby while playing through the After Story (true ending) section of CLANNAD. (Side Note: Anyone needing a White image and who doesn't mind trying it out, it's an absolutely amazing Visual Novel that was adapted into two classic anime!)

L58bd46.png

If you need another option, I normally wouldn't suggest this, but, seeing as you like crime VNs and don't mind a bit of a grind, you can also check out The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker. It's an FMV-based VN of sorts in which you take the role of a psychiatrist and try to uncover the truth behind the murder of your predecessor, Doctor Dekker, as you talk to his former patients. The one reason I normally wouldn't recommend this, is that you have to type in most of the questions you ask each of the patients using the DS4 keyboard or a USB keyboard, which can be frustrating, even if it leads to a very proactive experience. But, if you do go for this, I would strongly encourage the use of guide at all times so that you don't miss asking any questions.

L5a2f56.png

If you're in the mood for a classic RPG, Tales of Symphonia (PS3) has a predominately green image, too.

I know this is a lot of information. But, I really hope it helps or guides you to ideas that may work for you (or anyone else reading this!) :)

Wow...thank you so much!  I'm going to pass on Tales of Symphonia only because I know how LONG those games can be and I already have some longer games on my list.  I will, however, look into the other suggestions

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Now, you have ME intrigued. 

curiosity-curious.gif

Also added to my wishlist. xD

Im always keen to add my support to this great game and try and get as many people who are interested in it to take the plunge. It was definitely one of the best games I played in 2022. Won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, and not sure I’d go as far as saying it was THE best of 2022 for me, but it it’s certainly right up there. A real delight.

if it’s already piqued your interest then you won’t be disappointed 

• Like 1

Got a question for all the peeps. Completed a couple of games and I'm really not sure what to put down for 1 of them. I know the main idea is what are the main colours of the image, but I don't really see a main colour for this one.

La518c9.png

River City Girls Zero

What would it fit under?

4 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Got a question for all the peeps. Completed a couple of games and I'm really not sure what to put down for 1 of them. I know the main idea is what are the main colours of the image, but I don't really see a main colour for this one.

La518c9.png

River City Girls Zero

What would it fit under?

I'd say orange.

The trick, really, is to look away, look back, and just call it - and when I do that, Orange is the colour that stands out!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, D4T-V4UL7_HUN7R_ said:

I finished my 2nd game which is Deliver Us The Moon for (very dark) blue. I was looking forward to playing this game for a while because space stuff and it also had good reviews, but I didn't really enjoy it as much as I had hoped. You only get to spend a few minutes on the actual moon and that's just to drive your rover thing to the next structure. Most of the game you just durdle around and find collectibles and plug in power cores. I guess the story is supposed to be the strong point of the game but it just didn't do it for me. Its an ok game but just not for me I guess. At least it was short.

Reveal hidden contents

fLT856a.png

I've heard positive things for the game, and your comment helps me manage my expectations. Figured I'd give it a blind playthrough, and then clean up with a trophy walkthrough.  Kind of a good title for the event as you can get the dark blue for the p4 version and grey for the PS5 version.  I'm really enjoying Stray, and it is the same way.  Black or White for PS5 and Orange for PS4.

• Like 1

What I was going to use for my Grey game has been ruined and it would also apply to quite a few other games

I was planning to use Puppeteer

Screenshot-2023-01-11-11-35-09.png

Until I clicked on the full game image and realised it's actually a transparent background lol

puppeteer.png

So it shows as grey on the chart but only because that's the colour of the chart

• Like 4