[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

43 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

edit:  I'm not sure how I want to handle Lawn Mowing Simulator.  I got the plat last year, but I finished the DLC this year, which the challenges can be a bit of a pain.  Maybe I'll take a single DLC image and use that instead of the base game.  Would be yellow instead of green.

if you got the plat last year, but finished the DLC this year, then only that DLC list will be eligible for the event, I’m afraid!

Luckily though, in my experience, Yellow is a harder colour to find a game for than Green, so that’s probably a good thing!

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 0:37 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

Nah - I wouldn’t say purple could be considered “dominant” in that one - it would really be dark blue, or light blue at a push

Thank you, forgot to post my updated picture after my first completion of Ratchet & Clank.

I have a game picked out for every color except Maroon and Purple if anyone has any suggestions (I have PS Premium shared with this account so can use those games as well). Just throw out some games I can look into for those colors.

1374646657fac6064b4ae4cb95b967ce.png

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, slicknick3822 said:

I have a game picked out for every color except Maroon and Purple if anyone has any suggestions

For purple, I can easy recommend Flipping Death or Afterparty if you like some good comedic narrative games, or the excellent new release of Shatter, if arcade fun is more your speed?

And for maroon, I certainly recommend one of Supergiant’s best - Pyre

…but I also cannot begin to describe just how much every human should play Inscryption!

On PS5, that one is maroon, and it’s fantastic!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, slicknick3822 said:

I have a game picked out for every color except Maroon and Purple if anyone has any suggestions (I have PS Premium shared with this account so can use those games as well). Just throw out some games I can look into for those colors.

Guacamelee 2 has a purple game image ?. That's the one I'm going for 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, slicknick3822 said:

I have a game picked out for every color except Maroon and Purple if anyone has any suggestion

I was a teenage exocolonist was one of the best games in 2022 for my money, and I reckon it could fit in for either maroon or purple if you still looking for one

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cerafinn said:

Just finished my second, The Diofield Chronicle. I'm thinking it's good for blue since I have Our World Is Ended slated for purple.

Le4d54c.png

Seems good for blue to me!

Not heard of this game actually, how did you like it?

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Seems good for blue to me!

Not heard of this game actually, how did you like it?

I enjoyed it, the plot was good and the battle system was pretty nice. I'm looking forward to the free expansion they announced.

It helped that I borrowed it from the library rather buy it. The price point right now is around $80CAD and it's not quite worth that to me.

Edited by cerafinn
corrections
  • Like 2

Third game done! This one was Trailmakers for green. The trophy list for this game was super easy and didn't take very long at all to complete. I had a blast exploring, racing, and building all kinds of vehicles. Surprisingly, getting the platinum doesn't require you to complete everything in the game, so I'm sure I will put many more hours into this one just completing all the races and seeing what kind of crazy machines I can come up with just for fun. 

SSeGjh2.png

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, D4T-V4UL7_HUN7R_ said:

Third game done! This one was Trailmakers for green. The trophy list for this game was super easy and didn't take very long at all to complete. I had a blast exploring, racing, and building all kinds of vehicles. Surprisingly, getting the platinum doesn't require you to complete everything in the game, so I'm sure I will put many more hours into this one just completing all the races and seeing what kind of crazy machines I can come up with just for fun. 

You might have to come up with another game for your grey color.  

The image for Fallout New Vegas is transparent when you click the game image.  I was going to use this for my grey color as well until I clicked it.  Now it is going to be my blue game. Lafa29e.png

This issue was addressed earlier, so if you have a game in mind click on the image to check to see whether it really is grey.

On 1/11/2023 at 3:40 AM, MD_91 said:

What I was going to use for my Grey game has been ruined and it would also apply to quite a few other games

I was planning to use Puppeteer

Screenshot-2023-01-11-11-35-09.png

Until I clicked on the full game image and realised it's actually a transparent background lol

puppeteer.png

So it shows as grey on the chart but only because that's the colour of the chart

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duke_Ryle said:

The image for Fallout New Vegas is transparent when you click the game image.  I was going to use this for my grey color as well until I clicked it.  Now it is going to be my blue game. 

@D4T-V4UL7_HUN7R_ This is true - though if you swap over your Blue and Grey ones, that’ll work, as Deliver Us the Moon has a pretty eye-catching grey title text ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Duke_Ryle said:

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

@D4T-V4UL7_HUN7R_ This is true - though if you swap over your Blue and Grey ones, that’ll work, as Deliver Us the Moon has a pretty eye-catching grey title text 1f44d.png

Ah, I didnt catch that, thanks. No worries I have some other games I can swap out for it :)

10 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Game number four, a VR one this time, because I'm not planning on getting VR2 at launch and wanna make the most of the thing before Sony tosses it in the bin. The game is Maroon, or maroon-ishl it's Moss Book II! Is it maroon, I half believe it's a colour no one's named. 

L2081bb.png

A bit inbetween red and maroon that one - I see what you mean!

but on balance I think Maroon (or Tan, given the border and text) would be fine!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

An absolutely blistering debut from a small, 6-man studio (Geography of Robots) - Norco is a downbeat, absurdist, swamp-noire / sci-fi alt-present mystery, set in a Louisiana Refinery region of poverty, degradation, corporate negligence, drugs and exploitation... where religion, spiritualism, robots, neural networks, rogue viral brain-constructs, mysterious phone-app agents, personality matrices, puppet shows, cults of former Walmart employees, Christmas-loving mercenaries and clown-make-up wearing private detectives are as common place as the bayou itself.

I think this event is bad for my backlog. I’ve added 7 more games to my wish list since it started

Edited by Hurricane_Tanya
  • Like 2