[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'd say Minecraft would be better for Blue TBH - once you have a full rainbow, the background is going to be more obvious and dominant than the small portions of brown...

Looking at their list, I think Minecraft fits quite well in grey (based on the title and the silver trophy etc), and the game they've got in grey looks kinda brown to me? That could just be my screen though... Swaperoo? 

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yeah - Deep Purple is actually one of the trickier colours, I think - and my go-to, best recommendations for it, you've already platted in years gone by - Sayonara Wild Hearts, and Teslagrad!

Two you might consider, that you don't have (and aren't terribly long games to do) are maybe Gone Home, or Trine: Enhance Edition?

Saints Row the Third would be fine for Deep Purple if you need to though- a couple other folks have already pencilled that one in for it, and it doesn't bump for me, so feel free if you don't find anything else!

Yeah, deep purple is tricky. I'm somewhat gutted I got the platinum for I Was a Teenage Exocolonist just before Christmas, as that's quite a nice one for both purples imo. 

Instead, I'll probably use The Persistence, as I need a VR game for my Bingo list and it was a free PS Plus game not long ago.  

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Cool @DatZoolander, you're playing The Last Campfire! I saw someone doing a speedrun of the game on Games Done Quick and they went through the entire game, so it looks very cute. ^_^

I'm glad I played this game!  It was a surprise on just how much fun it was and the puzzles were amazing!  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

Lol, me too!

...I’m hoping that forspoken next week will have a tile that fits for one of the purple ones....

Yeah, I'm probably going to use For The King because it's in my backlog already, and it'd be good to finally clear it off. 

There's also another deck-builder out fairly recently, Overrogue, although it's a bit more of a stretch for purple. Definitely counts (imo), but depends if you're a purist or not haha.  

On 15/1/2023 at 4:36 PM, Soul777Punisher said:

Hide contents

SkMLJIT.png

Small update: a couple of days ago I 100%ed the base game of Hitman 2 and it was pretty fun, although some of the objectives were kinda time-consuming. I'll still keep playing it throughout the year to complete everything that ps+ gave me given that it was overall a good experience.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'd say Minecraft would be better for Blue TBH - once you have a full rainbow, the background is going to be more obvious and dominant than the small portions of brown...

You're probably right about that, guess I didn't really think about that because of the Logo - I'll switch up when I do my next update ^-^

• Like 1

Random question, is there going to be a SUPER SECRET tile for the most colours in 1 picture like a Rainbow? because I got a perfect one if there is, other wise I'll have to use this for Yellow when it's finished.

Lce94f1.png

No I haven't finished this yet, just asking xD

Edited by Sylvanticore
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Briste said:

Finished up my first game for the event with Shiren the Wanderer. Took me about 250-300 hours to beat this one. I enjoyed it for the most part except for the last trophy to max out your money....I played for 250+ hours and finished everything else in the game and only had 2 million. I had to get 99,999,999 for the trophy and the plat...spend about 15 hours, diving the same dungeon 98 times to cap out my gold. Was about 10 minutes each dive...so it ended on a sour note, but the game is extremely deep with all of the stuff you can do. It's definitely not for everyone, but I spent 18 months chipping away at it on my Vita.

doPZVun.png

The games on there are my 'goal' for the event. It is subject to change of course, but I'll put a little platinum image over the color as I cross them off. One down, thirteen to go!

That's a good list so far Briste - but there are a few that are pushing it - Yellow, Deep Purple and Green are all a little ropey as far a "dominant colours"... and there's no way that Uncharted is Black!

• Like 2

I'd like to sign up as well.  Not sure I'll get even half the colors, though I'll definitely Plat more than 16 games this year, but there'll probably be more dupes than unique colors, lol.  Though I'm now even more annoyed my midnight Jan 1st pop happened 1 second too early :(

21 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That's a good list so far Briste - but there are a few that are pushing it - Yellow, Deep Purple and Green are all a little ropey as far a "dominant colours"... and there's no way that Uncharted is Black!

I missed the 'dominant' part ? I was looking at the grenade being yellow as the only color for Battlefield: Bad Company. I was looking at the lettering in DC and the outline of the other letters for purple and then the green stickers on the car for Ferrari Challenge. That one has a lot of colors so was using that as a 'wherever I'm missing a color' game. Is the whole background for uncharted not black? My eyes are getting older so maybe it isn't black or maybe the blacksplash doesn't count? I'm not married to anything so whatever works for me!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Briste said:

Is the whole background for uncharted not black? 

Uncharted is just the medal, the background is transparent and shows up as whatever colour it’s placed over. There are a few games that have been to be like this earlier in the thread. If you click the game image it’ll take you to a page where the trophy is on a white background instead

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

Uncharted is just the medal, the background is transparent and shows up as whatever colour it’s placed over. There are a few games that have been to be like this earlier in the thread. If you click the game image it’ll take you to a page where the trophy is on a white background instead

I did notice that and was wondering why the background changed. The CoD games are like that too. Well that one will obviously change then lol. I have 49 more weeks to finish some games, so we'll see what way the wind blows on the games I play between now and then. Thanks for the clarification!

• Like 2

Ooooh fun! Sign me up please!

Hopefully I do better at this than I did with my Bingo Bonanza last year which I failed miserably since I always tend to completely try to 100% a game before starting a new one. Gonna give it the old college try though ?

Admittedly, starting off with a bit of a cheat though since my Hitman 2 is already at 93% with only Hokkaido to go. Yay Pink! ?

Thanks for coming up with this Doc! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, G_J270216 said:

My first post, hopefully they are ok with the colors.

vl7sEsQ.png

My opinion only here, for your Tan I'm not really seeing how it could be that colour as it's mostly white and I'm guessing a dark red?. For your red other than the spot of blood I would say it would be better under orange or tan since that is more dominant colours and likewise with the orange one that looks like it would go more under Blue. Just my thoughts on it :)

• Like 2