[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

Well, finally got LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga out of both versions so now I am finally able to focus on the rest of the list. Prob is I don't know where to start as all of the rest of the games are going to take two months minimum to platinum. (Saving the Kingdom Hearts platinum for much later as watching the cutscenes will be the highlight of my future trip to Disneyworld[when I am able to save up enough for a decent package].)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

My opinion only here, for your Tan I'm not really seeing how it could be that colour as it's mostly white and I'm guessing a dark red?. For your red other than the spot of blood I would say it would be better under orange or tan since that is more dominant colours and likewise with the orange one that looks like it would go more under Blue. Just my thoughts on it :)

@G_J270216

I think Life is Strange is fine for Tan - the background is pretty tinted, so Tan seems good, but I agree that the Red would be better as Orange, and the Orange should be Light Blue ?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, HelixNebula_x said:

So I had a productive weekend... My rainbow is now half complete!

D6kvkYd.png

Like @jonesey46 above, I also gave The Gardens Between a go this weekend since it is free on the PS+ subscription. I enjoyed it, decent little puzzler with interesting mechanics. I didn't really follow the story much aside from the ending but it was a fun brief little distraction. I think this could go in either blue slot, but since I'd only just finished Omno (also free on PS+) I did them this way around as it makes more sense.

Omno was surprisingly fun, and I had a good time with the couple of hours it took me to plat it. Very chill exploration game, reminded me of Journey in some respects, and was just a nice relaxing 100%.

Gorogoa - this is my hot take of the day. This game is garbage. The concept is interesting and graphically it's definitely got an unique aesthetic, but some of these puzzles are the most convoluted I've seen in any puzzle game I've played over the last 3-4 years. There is no way of knowing what you're supposed to do half the time and is the reason I ended up starting this again and going through with a guide, as the speedrun and moves trophies would've just been unattainable for me otherwise. I'm sure there is an audience for this kind of game, but I now know that it definitely doesn't include me.

I think I've got the rest of my colours nailed down as to how I'm approaching them now, aside from Pink and Tan. There is a few options I've found for Pink, but just haven't decided which I'm tackling yet, and for Tan I'm stumped. I was thinking Concrete Genie but I thought I would check with the colour connoisseurs here to see if it would be suitable or not first...

Congrats on making it to Rainbow Appreciator, with an excellent rainbow so far! (despite your scurrilous and outrageous distaste for Gorogoa! ?)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

Alright, I need a ruling. Which tile for Lego Harry Potter?

I think it looks better with the dark purple personally, but the red really does pop.

definitely Purple - once the whole card is filled out, the purple across the whole image is going to look much more dominant in a spectrum than the little red box ?

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Helloooo everyone! :)

With three entries completed, I would like to enter the event. Hopefully the colors are matched correctly so far! 

JqO1B1V.png

White - Neon White

From the developer of What Remains of Edith Finch, The Unfinished Swan and Donut Country comes this high-octane speedrun-focused first person puzzle platformer, and a game with which I had the most fun in recent memory. Great game that I can absolutely recommend! 

Purple - Neon Drive

A short but very fun rhythm game. Eight stages need to be mastered on three different difficulties (with increading speed between them), and need to be completed without any mistakes. 

Light Blue - Tricky Towers

A new spin on Tetris... Don't clear lines, but instead build towers. Throw magic spells into the mix, and you have a chaotic game that can be tons of fun solo or in couch / online coop! 

Nice one! Looks good to me, although I think Neon White is better in the 'black' section. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HelixNebula_x said:

I think I've got the rest of my colours nailed down as to how I'm approaching them now, aside from Pink and Tan. There is a few options I've found for Pink, but just haven't decided which I'm tackling yet, and for Tan I'm stumped. I was thinking Concrete Genie but I thought I would check with the colour connoisseurs here to see if it would be suitable or not first...

L250023.png

Until next time!

Tan and pink are complicated beasts, I haven’t entirely figured out what to do about them yet either. I considered using Concrete Genie for orange in regards to some of the lighter sunny sky highlights in the banner but a number of the large, darker potions of the sky and some of the buildings in the background do look more subdued and in tune with dark tan now that you brought it up, yes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

That brings me at 3 games, and I will play Persona 3 Portable for White (also, my issue with Yellow is solved, since Persona 4 Golden is Yellow...).

Good luck with those! Has the issue with the buggy trophies in Persona 3 Portable been solved? I'd love to start playing that game but if i can't get a trophy pop from doing requirements, it's a bad experience.

43 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Good luck with those! Has the issue with the buggy trophies in Persona 3 Portable been solved? I'd love to start playing that game but if i can't get a trophy pop from doing requirements, it's a bad experience.

Thanks!

No clue.. this is the first time that I heard of glitched trophies in it..

So far, no glitched trophies, but I'm not exactly all that far into the game (7 hours in, just 2 days before the first full moon).

Also, my "plan" forces me to do 2 and a half playthroughs, since I want to use the "Romance" trophy with the male MC for the platinum..

With Persona trophies aren't exactly my focus at the start, even if I use the social link schedule to make it perfect on the very first playthrough.. I'm also making a stupidly "all-around" overpowered Angel as usual.. (well usually it's Angel+Succubus, but in this case Angel+Lilim is more likely)

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Just finished Deathloop for orange, first game down. The concept is pretty cool but it got kinda stale towards the end honestly. Fun game overall, the miscellaneous trophies are more time consuming than the actual game though.

WEaf9dj.png

Edited by shxrpay
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

@DrBloodmoney what would your ruling be on the forspoken ps5 tile?

i was hoping for a purple shade,  but it looks much darker than that. Gonna be a big time sink and looking like I may not be able to use it for this challenge. Would you accept yellow for all the gold font and cuff colour on show?

seems black or brown to me