[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

1 minute ago, Heather342 said:

I was going to take a break from challenges for a while as I cleaned up old backlog, but am I understanding correctly that there are no starting % thresholds here? If that's the case, then I think this is something I could join 1f60a.png

Nope - feel free to play away at anything you fancy, old or new, and as long as either the platinum (for platinum games), or the final trophy in the specific list (DLC or non-plat game) pops during 2023, it's good for a rainbow!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nope - feel free to play away at anything you fancy, old or new, and as long as either the platinum (for platinum games), or the final trophy in the specific list (DLC or non-plat game) pops during 2023, it's good for a rainbow!

Awesome! Then I request to be added to the Big Sexy Participant List please ?

• Like 2

After doing a quick cross match between events and trying to figure out the remaining colors, I think that I was able to come up with a decent tentative list.

I will leave the list here for ideas and feedback, in case something doesn't fit (still, it's a subject to change list either way).

White Wipeout Omega L2b6a3c.png | Hitman 1 L873cd8.png | Final Fantasy XII L8f6609.png

Yellow 428: Shibuya Scramble Lda6715.png | Persona 4 Golden (PS4)

Tan Eventide 3 L05a519.png

Orange Eventide 1 L83b335.png | Fairy Tail Lc635a4.png | Shenmue 2 L77c837.png

Red Deadly Premonition Ld809e0.png | Vampire The Masquerade Coteries of New York L556207.png

Pink Eventide 2 L3a29d1.png

Maroon My Hero One's Justice 2 | Hitman 2 L113415.png

Purple Vambrace L447121.png

Deep Purple NFS Heat Ld0124b.png | Nights of Azure 2 L91716b.png

Blue Persona 3 Portable 

Light Blue FF7 Crisis Core Le48522.png

Green Lost Sphear L602bef.png

Light Green Ni no Kuni 2 L13484e.png

Brown Biomutant La25660.png

Gray AC Rogue (PS3) | I Am Alive L17ef57.png

Black Othercide L89ba86.png | Final Fantasy XV Royal DLC L5f49dc.png

Republique L911575.png would fit for Tan, Orange if needed.

I'm totally guessing on P3P and P4G based on the previous lists and games main theme color..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
Add images
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

After doing a quick cross match between events and trying to figure out the remaining colors, I think that I was able to come up with a decent tentative list.

I will leave the list here for ideas and feedback, in case something doesn't fit (still, it's a subject to change list either way).

White Wipeout Omega | Hitman 1 | Final Fantasy XII

Yellow 428: Shibuya Scramble | Persona 4 Golden (PS4)

Tan Eventide 3 

Orange Eventide 1 | Fairy Tail | Shenmue 2

Red Deadly Premonition | Vampire The Masquerade Coteries of New York 

Pink Eventide 2

Maroon My Hero One's Justice 2 | Hitman 2

Purple Vambrace 

Deep Purple NFS Heat | Nights of Azure 2

Blue Persona 3 Portable 

Light Blue FF7 Crisis Core

Green Lost Sphear 

Light Green Ni no Kuni 2

Brown Biomutant

Gray AC Rogue (PS3) | I Am Alive

Black Othercide | Final Fantasy XV Royal DLC

Republique would fit for Tan, Orange if needed.

I'm totally guessing on P3P and P4G based on the previous lists and games main theme color..

I'm not going to be in the business of checking every single game, or arguing semantics with folks over which is the "dominant" colours or anything....

... but incase you were wondering, I looked at these, and think every one (that's available currently) is totally fine for the colours you've said! ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'm not going to be in the business of checking every single game, or arguing semantics with folks over which is the "dominant" colours or anything....

... but incase you were wondering, I looked at these, and think every one (that's available currently) is totally fine for the colours you've said! 1f44d.png

Cool!

I will later edit that post and put the images, when I'm on pc, since I should have made that from the start...

As I said, I posted the list to get some feedback on my plan, as well as to give ideas to others. (That's something that I always find interesting in this kind of thematic, multi-game events, since I also look at other people's lists and ideas too).

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Wooooow! ?

Being an artistically inclined person and seeing how simple this challenge is, I think I will join it. It will give me the opportunity to clear some games I had started with a year-long deadline giving plenty of time to clear the games(since most of them are RPGs xD).

If we're talking lists, I will copy and paste your tracker and put up my game images soon. ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

no having to jump back in for DLC if you'd rather not!

Nice to see this allowance considering that some of the games I enjoyed have really raunchy DLC that I'd not enjoy playing, although I may be unfair to Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind... <_<

Also, since I will probably have plenty of time to platinum these games, I am going to throw in a Pokemon-related personal challenge: I can't earn those final trophies on a game until I catch a shiny Pokemon of the same game image color as the entry. For example, I need to encounter and catch a shiny Pokemon which has white its in shiny model before I can platinum a game with white in its image. ;)

(Don't worry, I'll be shiny hunting in Pokemon Scarlet or Violet as they have means to encounter shiny Pokemon much more easily.)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MICSAM89 said:

Even though seeing Afterparty in the Maroon Square makes my brain itch sign me up, but maybe in the small to medium sexy list

You know what... I don't want infighting about colour closeness to become a thing in the real event...

...but on the other hand, I can't be having your brain itching!

TBH, I pulled that sample together quickly, and wasn't quite happy with exactly the same one you pointed out.... ?

...so I've gone in and sneakily changed it out for a better one! :ninja:

After all, the SAMPLE has to be a good version, right? 

Hows THAT for customer service?! ?

• Like 1