[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

16 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

seems black or brown to me

...yeah...I guessed that if you had eyes then you’d most likely say that.

...it’s not what I wanna hear though as black is done and brown is pencilled in.....are you sure if you keep looking away and back that the gold isn’t popping for you? Lol

11 hours ago, Arcesius said:

White - Neon White

From the developer of What Remains of Edith Finch, The Unfinished Swan and Donut Country comes this high-octane speedrun-focused first person puzzle platformer, and a game with which I had the most fun in recent memory. Great game that I can absolutely recommend! 

Hi bud! Added you now - all good on the other two, but for Black and White images, they always go by background, rather than detail, so Neon White should (rather ironically) be Black!

19 hours ago, HelixNebula_x said:

I think I've got the rest of my colours nailed down as to how I'm approaching them now, aside from Pink and Tan. There is a few options I've found for Pink, but just haven't decided which I'm tackling yet, and for Tan I'm stumped. I was thinking Concrete Genie but I thought I would check with the colour connoisseurs here to see if it would be suitable or not first...

L250023.png

Until next time!

Sorry mate - missed this yesterday - yeah. Concrete Genie would work for either Orange or Tan, no problem.

6 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I'm not sure if Alex Kidd counts as yellow or orange 

Yup, Orange seems the best fit for that one!

4 hours ago, cerafinn said:

Finished Our World Is Ended over the weekend and I’m thinking of placing in dark purple rather than purple.

Lf78374.png

That one is pretty ropey for any colour TBH, but I'd say if it can quality for anything, it would be pink, due to the... ahem... copious amount of skin!

1 minute ago, PotrikBerger said:

...yeah...I guessed that if you had eyes then you’d most likely say that.

...it’s not what I wanna hear though as black is done and brown is pencilled in.....are you sure if you keep looking away and back that the gold isn’t popping for you? Lol

If you must...  I can see where Tan would come from... but I suspect that once you have more colours filled, you'll likely want to swap it out for a more obvious Tan one

• Like 2

Yeah...I’ve alteady done a tan too. Weird West has filled that one.

ok, no worries. I knew it was a fail as soon as I saw the tile. I’ll pick this challenge up again once forspoken is done....or I’ll just have to bump devil in me off my planned list as that was down for brown.

before this challenge I’d never realised how game tiles were dominated by black, grey, white, brown and blue. It’s actually trickier than you would think to fill these with games I actually want to play for some of the colours.

thanks for your time dude

Just now, PotrikBerger said:

Yeah...I’ve alteady done a tan too. Weird West has filled that one.

ok, no worries. I knew it was a fail as soon as I saw the tile. I’ll pick this challenge up again once forspoken is done....or I’ll just have to bump devil in me off my planned list as that was down for brown.

before this challenge I’d never realised how game tiles were dominated by black, grey, white, brown and blue. It’s actually trickier than you would think to fill these with games I actually want to play for some of the colours.

Yeah - there's definitely a few colours that are gimmies, and a few (Maroon, Dark Purple and Yellow in my experience) that can be pretty tricky to find one for!

Well, remember - the event runs for a full year, and there's a prestige element to doing multiple lists, so keep the game you don't use in mind, even if it doesn't fit... it may fill out that colour for a second list sometime in the future ?

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hi bud! Added you now - all good on the other two, but for Black and White images, they always go by background, rather than detail, so Neon White should (rather ironically) be Black!

Alright, I've edited my original post :) My fault, it's actually well explained in the rules, but I intuitively put it under White also partially due to the name ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

Next game that’ll be finished is this:

e3544dd5d7c6014d01a891040b44061e57aec8c8

It looks purpley blue to me so I’m

unsure if it’s a better fit for Light Blue or Purple, or even Deep Purple since it’s a very blue looking purple. I’d love a second opinion.

I’d say both Light Blue and Purple would work, but Light Blue is the better choice!

Also, totally with you on The Swapper - that game is awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

I got a platinum! Wasn't sure if I ever get another one. Also wasn't sure if I even like metroidvanias anymore. Turns out I did get one and I still do. I'd say it counts for Grey - I'd put it under tan or light blue just to fill these hardly (I think) used colors, but it seems like kind of a stretch.

L8c6401.png

Hopefully I still qualify for this. May even get a few more by the time the event ends too 1f642.png

I would say that works for Tan, I think that's the colour I'm going to struggle most with 

2 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

I'd say it counts for Grey - I'd put it under tan or light blue just to fill these hardly (I think) used colors, but it seems like kind of a stretch.

L8c6401.png

21 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

I would say that works for Tan, I think that's the colour I'm going to struggle most with 

I might be crazy, but isn't this more of a pale pink? That's the color I was thinking of using it for, at least.

• Like 1

Well, almost about to release another shiny Pokemon as I am close to platinuming another game, namely Disgaea 5. I got the hardest tear-my-hair-out stuff out of the way, namely the Carnage Dimension and have only three trophies left, all which are easy to get. :)

I need some outside opinion on what to do next. I won't put Disgaea 4+ Complete here because I am dreading another Disgaea after Carnage freaking Dark(and D4+ Complete is even more grindy since it doesn't have those easy maps or mechanics Disgaea 5 has so you'll be grinding a TON), so I want to take a month or so away from that game(also I put that game on the Backlog by the Month challenge), therefore I need your opinions on one of these titles:

Sfd00e9.png

The most work I did, my current save is right before i go to fight the first Nightmare boss so I just need to overlevel a tad to make sure I don't die to that boss. xD

S938c8c.png

I had a cross save of World of Final Fantasy on my Vita, but I might just restart the game as I haven't gotten very far in it, the save is at the Goblin Highlands in an early chapter so it wouldn't take too long to start from scratch and just speed through the story.

Saac432.png

Only game I have 0% in, in fact I just downloaded the game. I enjoyed playing it with its material-based skill trees gatelocking powerful skills and passive abilities. One character is borderline broken as his yo-yo attack does a ton of damage to every enemy on the screen, can't wait to get back there. ^_^

And yes, I know I have the Kingdom Hearts game for Black, I plan on doing that when I get enough money to take a week in Disneyworld to immerse myself in Disneydom to make the grind a bit better. Yes, that's over 800 bucks, sue me. I want to go somewhere expensive once before I die of old age. :D (Also I still have no idea of which of the games I want to do; not doing KH3 until I have the confirmation from the Sith that I can clone myself so I am immortal and have all the time in the universe to practice the Re:Mind boss fights. [It's a JOOOKE!!!] :P)

Not going to do Zodiac Age or continue Dragon Quest XI S right away as I want to plan out a better route for them. So, any feedback? (Feel free to send me a PM.)

If the spirits guide me to good grind-worthy videos and I succeed in getting half of these games done before Mega Man Battle Network Legacy comes out, I might have time to do a more "quick and dirty" short game color list for a second go. ;)

14 hours ago, Xylobe said:

I might be crazy, but isn't this more of a pale pink? That's the color I was thinking of using it for, at least.

Yeah, it does have a tint of pink in the background mixed with tan. Those icons tend to be very ambigious on their dominant color.

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1