[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

13 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Hallelujah... finished a game that's not red OR blue...it's maroon (i was lucky with it)

Dead or School - anime, schoolgirls, zombies and chainsaw katanas. A nice combo between lollipop chainsaw and Serious Sam xD 

Nice! I have that on my backlog and was wondering if I should use it for the event, just wasn't sure of the colours and was looking for something Maroon that wasn't Marvel's GOTG!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Xylobe said:

This part is only (very) tangentially related to the event, but as @Taruta13 has been hunting shiny Pokemon to go along with their platinums, I thought it might be fun to give that a try in my own casual playthrough of Pokemon Violet. I took a bit of time after finishing up Call of the Sea, and managed to find this little chestnut-brown mouse! It took about an hour to find, which is nowhere near the 50-hour hell that was Temtem's luma trophy, but still long enough that I don't plan on doing it again. Still, it was fun as a one-off!

Hide contents

GGXjL5I.jpg

Nice to see I made a shiny hunter out of someone on this forum! :D Trust me, with the power of sammies, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet are much easier to shiny hunt than in earlier games. Congrats on your cute chocolate Dedenne! (I tried to hunt that thing but found that the only places Dedenne frequent have another electric type as well - Voltorb and Electrode around Medali and Kilowattrels in North Paldea, so I scrapped that plan.) xD

Actually am going for the first trophy in my black game, which will be Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, the original. I wanted to start from the beginning and I wanted to do the crazy thing I did on my last account - earn Heartless Hunter by slaying 2000 Shadows in Destiny Islands. I am on Proud Mode for this run because 2000 EXP = Level 18 and therefore Sora will be much less squishy. :P

Also, I didn't realize that I was a Rainbow Appreciator for a long time, never noticed the titles before, so yeah, I got that rank after clearing all of my easy platinums. xD

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sgznr said:

So far this is what I have done. Hopefully I've got this right 1f62c.png

PSNP-KE-Colour-Checklist.jpg

Mostly all good - a few are a little tenuous, as there are larger "other colour" sections that draw the eye...

...but I would recommend the following:

Move Sagebrush to Green, as it's much more green than Maroon, and make room for it by switching Syphon Filter to Light Green.

Stick Nerved in for Light blue, (as it's quite a blueish tint), and the current Light Blue for Blue... that leaves the Grey space for Opus, (since It's primarily Grey).

I'd maybe then move Without Escape to Red, as Caretaker is pretty minimal in it's "redness"... 

...and move Hohokum to White (and thank goodness, because white backgrounds are harder to find than you'd think!)

The only ones that leaves you with as doublers is Caretaker and Dreaming Sarah both for Black....

...but at the rate you're going, I wouldn't call that a waste, as you will almost certainly be able to do a second rainbow to prestige after this one, and if you do so, you'll already have black covered for it! ?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Mostly all good - a few are a little tenuous, as there are larger "other colour" sections that draw the eye...

...but I would recommend the following:

Move Sagebrush to Green, as it's much more green than Maroon, and make room for it by switching Syphon Filter to Light Green.

Stick Nerved in for Light blue, (as it's quite a blueish tint), and the current Light Blue for Blue... that leaves the Grey space for Opus, (since It's primarily Grey).

I'd maybe then move Without Escape to Red, as Caretaker is pretty minimal in it's "redness"... 

...and move Hohokum to White (and thank goodness, because white backgrounds are harder to find than you'd think!)

The only ones that leaves you with as doublers is Caretaker and Dreaming Sarah both for Black....

...but at the rate you're going, I wouldn't call that a waste, as you will almost certainly be able to do a second rainbow to prestige after this one, and if you do so, you'll already have black covered for it! 1f602.png

Following the Doctors advice - I have updated my list. It now looks like this:

PSNP-KE.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sgznr said:

Following the Doctors advice - I have updated my list. It now looks like this:

Nice work!

I think looking now, Purple is a little bit of a reach, and maybe worth replacing if another purple happens to come along, but I'd accept it - it feels more purple than anything else...

...and with that (and even without it, actually,) that puts you in as the first to reach the rank of "Rainbow Warrior"!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice work!

I think looking now, Purple is a little bit of a reach, and maybe worth replacing if another purple happens to come along, but I'd accept it - it feels more purple than anything else...

...and with that (and even without it, actually,) that puts you in as the first to reach the rank of "Rainbow Warrior"!

Thanks! 

I'll definitely swap out purple then. Got plenty of time left ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sgznr said:

Thanks! 

I'll definitely swap out purple then. Got plenty of time left 1f600.png

Yeah, you've got the whole year to add replacements if need be! My personal opinion is that red (Without Escape), light blue (Nerved) and purple (Transference) are somewhat iffy to be honest. 

I'm of the opinion that some games just don't lend themselves very well to this particular challenge. Anything that has an equal amount of different colours is always going to be difficult to place unless there was a "rainbow" category. 

But as DrBloodMoney said in his original post, it's your list, so if you think it fits, it does! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finch_III said:

Yeah, you've got the whole year to add replacements if need be! My personal opinion is that red (Without Escape), light blue (Nerved) and purple (Transference) are somewhat iffy to be honest. 

I'm of the opinion that some games just don't lend themselves very well to this particular challenge. Anything that has an equal amount of different colours is always going to be difficult to place unless there was a "rainbow" category. 

But as DrBloodMoney said in his original post, it's your list, so if you think it fits, it does! 

I appreciate the feedback and because there is the whole year to get it done, I will gladly swap out Without Escape, Nerved and Transference to make room for games that fit the colour better. ?

EDIT: Would this count as yellow or not? I'm not too sure ?

L975ee4.png

Edited by Sgznr
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sgznr said:

L975ee4.png

Ideally that would be black, as I generally revert to the background colour if it’s a solid block like that one… BUT - in a case like that, where the text is super bold, and super distinct, I think using for Yellow would be fine.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ideally that would be black, as I generally revert to the background colour if it’s a solid block like that one… BUT - in a case like that, where the text is super bold, and super distinct, I think using for Yellow would be fine.

Because it’s questionable I will do a different game that is primarily yellow. Thank you Doc.