[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

9 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

Just the opening boss fight, to crossing the bridge gets me excited as I have no doubt I'll venture back into the game multiple times for that feeling.

I can see where a lot of old folks like me xD have that feeling of the classics. These pixel remasters completely capture that feel. I'm playing through FF2 now and playing all the games with original soundtrack. Actually started the FF series with FFIV on the SNES, so it'll be interesting when I get to that title. (I've played FFIV Randomizers but this is a new experience for me. Already starting on FF2 and FF3.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Yen-Pop said:

Half way there! Chicory: A Colorful Tale for White and Yaga: Roots of Evil DLC for Yellow! Two very different gaming experiences but both are enjoyable times - both of which I highly recommend. But if you like rogue-likes, amazing music, Slavic folktales, and interesting art style then please let me be the one to recommend Yaga to you. It's criminally underrated and the DLC is more of the same amazing experience. 

Glad to hear the Yaga dlc is just as good. I played the main game a year and a half ago and had a good time with it but haven't got around to playing the dlc yet. I have purchased it already but that is as far as I have gone. I will have to find some time to fit it in. How long did it take to finish you figure?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

Glad to hear the Yaga dlc is just as good. I played the main game a year and a half ago and had a good time with it but haven't got around to playing the dlc yet. I have purchased it already but that is as far as I have gone. I will have to find some time to fit it in. How long did it take to finish you figure?

I'd say probably like 5-6 hours, but that was also because I decided to grind through the first gift for the Tzar again and part way through the second just to get my level up and get the tools I would likely need - since I didn't have a save that was before the end of the game. There's a Russian guide posted in the game's forum that's pretty helpful, but a lot of it is pretty cut and dry. I will absolutely recommend making sure you have a back up though; not just to save scrub to get all three endings but because more than once the game froze on the "What will Ivan do now" screen, especially if there's two pages of quests and you try going back and forth between them. 

• Like 1