[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

I haven't made any progress on my rainbow recently - you can thank the disgusting amount of time that Monster Hunter Rise has taken from me for that - but I'm in need of a color check on Afterimage:

https://i.imgur.com/HbkQAf0.jpg (unfortunately I'm now having the same embedding issue that some others have had)

Looking at the game image by itself, I'd have said maroon or maybe purple, but now comparing it against my card it looks like a closer match for pink, particularly in the middle. Am I going crazy?

1 minute ago, Xylobe said:

I haven't made any progress on my rainbow recently - you can thank the disgusting amount of time that Monster Hunter Rise has taken from me for that - but I'm in need of a color check on Afterimage:

https://i.imgur.com/HbkQAf0.jpg (unfortunately I'm now having the same embedding issue that some others have had)

Looking at the game image by itself, I'd have said maroon or maybe purple, but now comparing it against my card it looks like a closer match for pink, particularly in the middle. Am I going crazy?

personally i would say maroon or purple personally but im sure someone with better attention to detail will also be able to confirm what ya thinking.

also rise is a good game. im still chipping away little by little on world and iceborne :D.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xylobe said:

My gut reaction is MAROON, since the color palette is strong on the burgundy vibes. While there is a good amount of pink hue to it, it is a very dark pink (look up hex code #a6036e for example, which I pulled from the image). In this event, I've personally viewed PINK as leaning towards brighter pink hues, and MAROON leaning towards darker pinkish-purplish mixed hues. I see that you've already got a game slotted in for PURPLE, but if you needed to shuffle things around I personally think it could work for that color as well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Maroon, Pink and Purple could all work depending on what other games you were using -

- but absent other information, Maroon is the most obvious

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dezorak said:

personally i would say maroon or purple personally but im sure someone with better attention to detail will also be able to confirm what ya thinking.

also rise is a good game. im still chipping away little by little on world and iceborne :D.

11 hours ago, pelagia14 said:

My gut reaction is MAROON, since the color palette is strong on the burgundy vibes. While there is a good amount of pink hue to it, it is a very dark pink (look up hex code #a6036e for example, which I pulled from the image). In this event, I've personally viewed PINK as leaning towards brighter pink hues, and MAROON leaning towards darker pinkish-purplish mixed hues. I see that you've already got a game slotted in for PURPLE, but if you needed to shuffle things around I personally think it could work for that color as well. 

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Maroon, Pink and Purple could all work depending on what other games you were using -

- but absent other information, Maroon is the most obvious

Thanks for the input, gang! Maroon was my original plan, and I wasn't sure whether I needed to pivot or if my eyes were just playing tricks.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 2:09 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Quick note Y'all!

Imgur seems to be shitting the bed on the regular now, and causing all sorts of dumb-fuckery (don't they know I have an event to mismanage here?!1f621.png)

I suggest everyone avoid using Imgur if it's not letting you embed the images properly, and switch to another image hosting site. Personally, I recommend postimages(dot)org.

1f44d.png

I am so glad I followed this thread and was going through all the updates I missed this week and saw this.

That's super helpful because a lot of people have been asking me for a good alternative to imgur and wasn't sure what to tell them tbh. Good catch, Doc.

• Like 2