[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

Assuming from your trophy list that you're into RPGs: Bug Fables, Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition, and Ys: Memories of Celceta are all worth looking into. Tales of Symphonia as well if you're in the mood for something longer. The PS5 list of Final Fantasy VII Remake might also work, though I'll admit I sometimes have trouble telling where green ends and blue begins (I'm not colorblind, just semantically challenged).

I'll also add some quality non-RPG greens in case I was off-base: Transistor, Psychonauts 2, Anodyne 2: Return to Dust, Donut County, and Gravity Rush Remastered are all great options.

Oh!  Donut County looks cute, that's a good idea.  I've wanted to look into that for a bit

I'll also see if I can borrow my friend's Y's, she had a lot of good to say about that game!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

So I've decided that there's NOTHING in my backlog that has a remotely green coloration...

Don't forget you have an entire year to get this done so no need to rush, and if you're really stuck I'm sure there are some cheap games with a green icon you can use.

Edited by Sylvanticore
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Taruta13 said:
  • White(Grimmsnarl): Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (0%)
  • Yellow(Goomi): World of Final Fantasy (5%)
  • Tan(Cyclizar): Ni No Kuni Remastered (2%)
  • Orange(Donphan): Disgaea 4+ Complete (0%)
  • Red(Tarantoula): LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (12%)
  • Pink(Flamigo): Disgaea 5 (62%)
  • Maroon(Rotom): Dragon Quest XI S (5%)
  • Purple(Sneasel): Queen's Quest 3 (0% -> 100% :platinum:)
  • Deep Purple(Foongus): Teslagrad (0%)
  • Blue(Bisharp): Rogue Galaxy (0%)
  • Light Blue(Orthwurm): Storm Boy (0%)
  • Green(Hoppip): Queen's Quest 4 (0%)
  • Light Green(Marill): Queen's Quest 2  :platinum:
  • Brown(Krokorok): Warlock's Tower (0%)
  • Grey(Toedscool): TOEM (0%)
  • Black(Oricorio - Balle Form): A game from Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix

colorp2.pngtrade2.png

Another platinum, another Surprise Trade as the shiny Sneasel I had caught in December was replaced by a Combee, a female one so if I cared about it, I could evolve it to Vespiquen(since only female Combees can evolve :P), as Queen's Quest 3 gets to be the 2nd platinum in my list. I was a bit paranoid about missing the many collectibles in this title but the guide I was following was great and I got all eight ghosts, all 16 hats and all 42 crests. xD

Except another update soon as I am going into Queen's Quest 4, which is even easier than the last two. I swear, Queen's Quest 2 almost killed my desire to continue because of that stupid envelope glitch. :(

2 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

Oh!  Donut County looks cute, that's a good idea.

Don't worry about it being simple. I've platted this game and it's very cool, almost like a reverse Katamari Damacy. ^_^

• Like 1

colorp3.pngtrade3.png

• Purple(Sneasel): Queen's Quest 3 :platinum:
  • Green(Hoppip): Queen's Quest 4 (0% -> 100% :platinum:)
  • Brown(Krokorok): Warlock's Tower (0%)

So another game off the list and another shiny banished, this time for a Japanese Polteageist. ^_^

If you are wondering why I am updating so fast, let's just say that I'm knocking out all of the EASY games first. There are other games I will be doing on the side to advance my count, but my plans are to try to work on the longer titles over the next few months, with LEGO Star Wars being the first to go since it takes a long time due to all the non-skippable cutscenes. :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

colorp3.png

Hey!

I'm all for the fun twist you're doing with the poky-men stuff (I don't have the foggiest what any of it is - old man that I am - but I'm sure it makes sense to the young-folks in the know! ?)...

... but as a quick note - when you finish a game, probably best to use the game image, rather than the poky-men picture in the actual tracker - just so we can see which games you are using for the colours once they're done!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

I have spent some time making a first selection for the other games I will likely be doing. The goal was as many racing as non-racing games and a pretty even selection of PS3 and PS4 games. I am quite happy with this list. Though if I manage to even complete five of them I will be impressed.

kaleidoscope02.png

Some colours may be up for debate. To me the background of Oh sir!! looks purple, but maybe I am completely wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hey!

I'm all for the fun twist you're doing with the poky-men stuff (I don't have the foggiest what any of it is - old man that I am - but I'm sure it makes sense to the young-folks in the know! 1f602.png)...

... but as a quick note - when you finish a game, probably best to use the game image, rather than the poky-men picture in the actual tracker - just so we can see which games you are using for the colours once they're done!

Well okay, I'll fix that. Don't worry. I understand that most people here aren't interested in Pokemon, so I'll try to be more careful in future updates, of whcih there might be one more today and maybe two more tomorrow(if I can get myself to play TOEM :D), but after that updates won't probably happen for weeks as I'll be busy with other games.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Well okay, I'll fix that. Don't worry. I understand that most people here aren't interested in Pokemon, so I'll try to be more careful in future updates, of whcih there might be one more today and maybe two more tomorrow(if I can get myself to play TOEM :D), but after that updates won't probably happen for weeks as I'll be busy with other games.

It's all good - I'm new to hosting these kind of things, so just trying to make sure I can keep up with everyone's progress easily, so I don't miss anyone as they move up the Rainbow Ranks! ?

So I got some criticism about the way I was marking my progress and I understand. Pokemon is something most people don't understand, despite there being millions of people playing the series. (I think Scarlet and Violet sold over 5 million copies on launch. :D) So I fixed it so that you don't get confused: I replaced the color names with the game icons so you can see which games got the platinum but kept the Pokemon images so you can see what Pokemon I got from the surprise trades.

Speaking of which...

colorp4.pngtrade4.png

7 hours ago, Taruta13 said:
  • Green(Hoppip): Queen's Quest 4 :platinum:
  • Brown(Krokorok): Warlock's Tower (0% -> 100% :platinum:)

Yep another update so soon! I decided to just knock out this retro step-puzzle game off the bat immediately. For now, I will stop and focus on the longer games, starting Skywalker Saga because I want to get that off the list ASAP so that is the game I will be playing for the rest of today, even though I could kick off the rest of the easy platinums(Storm Boy and TOEM) today. I am already 25% of the way through the list so I want to space out my experiences a bit so I don't end up with a wall of RPGs staring me down for 12 months. xD

For the surprise trade, I got Falinks, which is ironicly the other brown-colored shiny Pokemon I was trying to go for but gave up after using up a ton of sandwiches in the Asado Desert(because Bamboo Thicket had Heracrosses as well and the chances of a shiny Heracross were very high.)

And don't worry, Copanele - I chose Teslagrad for deep purple even though most of the background is also black or blue, I was counting the glowing aura around the lightning staff which is a dark purple. ;)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

The goal was as many racing as non-racing games [...]

kaleidoscope02.png

Nice list! I'm also tending to a few racing games for my list and to my surprise the Vita has a couple, so this might actually work.

Would be awesome if you could really pull brown off with Afrika, I'm looking for a copy at a reasonable price for quite a while now.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Taruta13 said:
  • Light Blue(Orthwurm): Storm Boy (0% -> 100% :platinum:)
  • Brown(Krokorok): Warlock's Tower :platinum:

colorp5.pngtrade5.png

Ironic message considering the content of the game, which isn't really a game but a collection of microgames. This game is an interactive version of a novel written over 55 years ago by a man called Colin Thiele, involving a boy taking caring of pelican babies and the tragic ending I won't spoil if you want to experience this yourself. It shows that you don't have to make a title a 'game' to make it interesting, nor does it need skill issues to be engaging. If you have read the book, then the game won't push any buttons other than the visual ones, but if you haven't, this is a great experience, and a title I keep going to despite it not being an actual game. Yes, there are microgames but they are lesser aspects and whille you do need to do most of them for trophies(and the one which has no trophy attached to it needs  to be done once to unlock it in the Remember option so you can get the rememberance trophy) these microgames don't have a win condition and are just for fun. I'll leave a link tot he Wikipedia for the novel below if you want to read the book.

Storm Boy book link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_Boy_(novel)

Anyways, another title off the list and another Pokemon surprise traded away for a Jigglypuff, one of my favorite Pokemon from the classic era. ^_^

• Like 3

colorp6.pngtrade6.png

• Deep Purple(Foongus): Teslagrad (0% -> 100% :platinum:)
  • Light Blue(Orthwurm): Storm Boy :platinum:
  • Brown(Krokorok): Warlock's Tower :platinum:

(Unfortunately, I was slow on the snap and forgot to snap the shot of Ivor the shiny Foongus as I traded him away for a Froslass, another of my favorites. :P)

Anyways, I planned on doing TOEM, but part of me just wanted to get the band-aid off now, so I went and platinumed Teslagrad instead since the only trophies are for obtaining all of the collectibles. But the game won't give them to you, you have to do a lot of precise platforming and you will die. A lot. I nearly broke my teeth out of rage on each of the four bosses you need to get rid of to get your tools. (And yes, you have to fight the eye boss because one of the collectibles is in a vault you can't access until that boss is dead because it destroys the shaft where all the rooms are connected.) Just prepare to be frustrated by having to use momentum with your cloak, blink boots and magnetic gloves so you can reach areas without dying. All in all, I was surprised I didn't give up, but I eventually got to it.

There is a Vita version but since the game was on an old account, I can't download it without buying it directly, same with Warlock's Tower. Since I'm saving money to pay for a week long hotel stay in Disney World, I can't afford to waste money on trivial games that I will only play once.

I will do TOEM soon and then focus on LEGO Star Wars. I'm at 6/16 of the list done and it's only three days into the new year! xD

• Like 2