[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

8 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

At this rate, you can do one of these sheets a month.

Unlikely. The rate will slow down soon as I only have one game which is considered easy(TOEM), and then the rest are 100-hour long RPGs which will probably make me rip my teeth out in rage(like Teslagrad almost did, those platforming challenges were no joke xD) - I mean, Zodiac Age alone would probably cost me my the entire year as you have to fight a superboss with over 50 million HP(Yiazmat) and you have to clear all of Trial Mode and the last fight is more challenging than Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts if you don't plan for it. :P

I'll start focusing on LEGO Star Wars TSS because I still have to complete arc 2(just finished the first part of that) and then have to grab every collectible which is huge so the rest of January will probably be me complete The Skywalker Saga.

If I am lucky and Zodiac Age and Disgaea 4+ Complete cooperate, I might finish the list in July and then do a more chill second sheet, but I won't be shiny hunting for that as while shinies are cool, I have several backlogs of Pokemon games that I need to attend to. ;)

DatZoolander, I'm impressed with you finishing Portia. I downloaded it on an older account but didn't have the courage to start it as farming sims... not really my thing.

Edited by Taruta13

colorp7.pngtrade7.png

So that's it. I've banished my shiny grey Toedscool for a cruddy piglet and won't be surprising trading for a long time as I pushed through TOEM, the last easy game on the list, which wasn't too bad at all, even though I had to backtrack a bit. I didn't need to do the Basto DLC but I felt like the devs deserve a bit of respect. If you are terribly burned out by violence in video games with lots of bright red blood and psychedelic gore, TOEM is a great palette cleanser as it has no color (except for the crystal at the top of the mountain) and the only violence you do is splash things with water balloons or honk at them with a bike horn. ^_^

Unfortunately, that is going to be it for the time being. You may joke that I am tearing through this list, but now it's the bedrock time - the rest of my games on this colorful list are 100-hour long grinds, especially LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Any of you who played that LEGO title know what I am talking about: 9 movies, 4 levels for each. 36 levels, even more than either LEGO Harry Potter game. AND 1200 KYBER BRICKS. :jaymon:

The rest are RPGs and they take a long time to earn trophies in. I am still not sure what Kingdom Hearts game will get the honor of being the Black Game because the game icons are for the remixes and those all have black icons. One blessing is that Disgaea 5 has bypass the story and post-story so all I need to do is grind up my Uber Sage to tear through the Carnage Items in Item World so the trophy percentage is 62%. Peace out and keep up the fight, I'll see you in a couple of weeks. ;)

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Hello all!

So I got my first game done for the event by getting the 100% completion (As I got the Platinum for the game on the 31st of December) however I'm doing a bit of wondering with it, here is the reason behind that.

L14da0b.png

GOAT SIMULATOR! My god this game drove me up the wall with it's last DLC and that stupid f**king space ship section... anyway... to my wondering! You see there is techincally 2 I could use this game for, 1 being white because of the title, the clouds and that dumb looking goat on the right, but of course there is that lovely blue sky so it could be used for blue. What are people's thoughts on this? :) it will be used for one of the colours but I thought I'd best ask people's opinions!

I’d say white is the most clear dominant colour, but it would be fine for light blue too, as there is a good bit of sky there drawing the eye - so see what other games you have planned, and where it would be best to use…

…but remember- there’s no penalty or issue swapping it over later if you need to!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I’d say white is the most clear dominant colour, but it would be fine for light blue too, as there is a good bit of sky there drawing the eye - so see what other games you have planned, and where it would be best to use…

…but remember- there’s no penalty or issue swapping it over later if you need to!

Thank you, redid my post right before you replied xD, decided on White anyway but yeah, I MIGHT end up changing what is White later on considering I want to get Batman Arkham City done before this year is out, but I got it started!

Edited by Sylvanticore
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vivamp said:

Hey all, got my first plat for the year, though having some trouble uploading the image, got the image into imgur, but it seems to refuse to insert here :'( https://imgur.com/a/crYHoKG
I'll edit this when I have it figured out, but for now - Goat simulator 3!

Right click and select "copy image link" and past that.

• Like 1

Thought i'd join those who pre-populated their board with their target games, hoping I can get all these in and not resort to replacing the trickier ones!
0a4ssGP.png
Admittedly the Light green and brown are a bit of a stretch for primary colour so i'll take any suggestions for replacements there, preferably with a good balance of difficulty, completion time and fun!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I'm weirdly looking forward to this event and am trying to come up with a game plan to at least complete 7 games this year. Currently, working on some longer games so I doubt I'll have anything substantial done anytime soon. 

Uhm, the event started a few days ago on New Year's Day, you are free to join if you want. xD

36 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

did you mean to put that for green?

Well, I wasn't entirely sure about that, it has many different colors and none of them stands out to me as that one color that I should choose for this. It has green parts, but purple would be better for it. I'll change it. Or what would you pick for this?

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1