• Worms W.M.D
    • The Escapists 2
  2. 2. Preferred Premium games

• Ridge Racer 2
    • Heavenly Sword
    • Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus
    • Pinball Heroes

10 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

True, but its still a long grind to get 5 diamonds, and then getting 200 coins in proving grounds takes a long time too especially with all the shitty multi man ladder matches they have. 8 man ladder matches make me rage in this game.

Yes, getting the 200 coins in proving grounds should now be the longest part.

I'm excited about Pillars of Eternity 2! I'm currently playing the first one and I'm more than satisfied with it, it's a fantastic old-school RPG, I put the second game on my wishlist already. I'm happy I won't have to buy it now! ?
Always wanted to try Heavenly Sword, a shame it has no trophies. But, oh well, not the first game I've played without trophies.
I already have Mortal Shell and the Middle Earth games, the rest is not something I'm interested in sadly.

Another month with a small selection of Classic games, none of them particularly notable. ?

Wow, absolutely terrible imo, by far the worst month we have had. WWE is the big main game says how poor this month is. Half of this is mediocre fillers hardly anyone will play, rest old and 5 of those Extra games we already had! And those Premium games lol, pathetic. 

And what's with Evil Genius 2, was on the service at launch then off, then back on, then off and back a few weeks ago, now announced for December. I seriously can't see this service lasting long, it's pretty obvious they are struggling especially Premium. 

3 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

bfd669d17f28380183da13d3741aa16346ed3c71

The full games list for December: 

WWE 2K22 | PS4 | :platinum: | Trophy Guide (until 3 January 2023)
Far Cry 5 | PS4 | :platinum:2757.png | Trophy Guide  
Far Cry Primal | PS4  | :platinum: | Trophy Guide
Mortal Shell | PS4, PS5 | :platinum:2757.png | Trophy Guide 
Judgment | PS4, PS5 | :platinum: | Trophy Guide
The Pedestrian | PS4, PS5 | 2705.png | Trophy Guide
Evil Genius 2: World Domination | PS4, PS5 | :platinum: 
Ben 10: Power Trip | PS4, PS5 | :platinum: | Trophy Guide
Worms W.M.D | PS4  | :platinum: | Trophy Guide

PlayStation Plus Premium | Extra:

Ridge Racer 2 | PSP 
Heavenly Sword | PS3
Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus | PS1
Pinball Heroes | PSP

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/12/14/playstation-plus-game-catalog-lineup-for-december-far-cry-5-judgment-mortal-shell-and-more/

Wow, what a huge lineup of titles. I’m especially surprised about WWE 2K22, which I wrote the guide on. I wish those who plan on getting the game good luck on Faction Wars. It’s gonna be a long grind before you are all set for the Platinum.

Meanwhile, I’m iffy on going back to Mortal Shell. I used Optinooby’s Platinum Wlakthrough on the PS4 version, but I’m not sure if the walkthrough will be beneficial on the PS5 version. My main concern being that I can’t back up my saves for Vlad’s shop and setting myself up for the final boss in Obsidian Form. If it’s not possible on the PS5 version, then I’ll pass.

1 hour ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I would love that. It was my third PS3 game, still have it on disc.

But it's a PS3 title, so it's unlikely to happen.

I was under the impression that they would be adding more trophies to older games over time, but it seems like since the original batch of Premium games rolled out that there hasn’t been any more. I’m not even sure why I’m paying for Premium right now to be honest, it hardly seems worth it. 

1 hour ago, Lordguwa said:

the DLC for far cry 5 is hit/miss. 2 are good. 2 aren't. (namely the one where you need 2 actual players to try and even attempt gold medals).

far cry 5 by itself is a great game (got some enjoyment out of some of the missions).

Far Cry 5's DLC convinced me I don't need to play Ubisoft DLC. Lost on Mars sucked ass, the zombie mode was like a shittier L4D, and the Vietnam one was... okay? I forgot what the fourth dlc was.

12 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

I was under the impression that they would be adding more trophies to older games over time

Sure, they might, and they should.

I'm just assuming it's something they will do with PS1/PS2/PSP ports and not PS3 streamed games.

Would love to be wrong, especially if it worked retroactively with physical PS3 games.

What is sad to me is Evil Genius 2 was part of PS Premium (or Extra, don't recall which tier) for the first week of rollout. Sony then dropped it without an announcement. I had purchased the DLC, then tried to play the game the next day and it wouldn't work. After spending an hour on the phone with Sony Customer Service (who didn't know anything), internet sleuths on this site posted info saying, "Yes, Sony dropped it and didn't tell anyone." Even Sony's customer service representatives didn't have access to the information and couldn't tell me why Evil Genius 2 was suddenly locked on my account.

Now that Sony is adding it back (after I already purchased the game) and announcing it like, "Look at all the value we give you in the Premium Tier!" I am non-plussed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Man, garbage

What games would you like to see for the Extra/Premium service?  Not picking a fight, genuinely curious what you want to see. 

I would agree that the Premium tier doesn't have the volume of titles I would've expected at this point but I think the Extra tier is a really good deal with a lot of great games added to the service since the new tier inception.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Sure, they might, and they should.

I'm just assuming it's something they will do with PS1/PS2/PSP ports and not PS3 streamed games.

Would love to be wrong, especially if it worked retroactively with physical PS3 games.

They only need a patch, that’s what Kojima did after a lot of years for MGS4 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

What is sad to me is Evil Genius 2 was part of PS Premium (or Extra, don't recall which tier) for the first week of rollout. Sony then dropped it without an announcement. I had purchased the DLC, then tried to play the game the next day and it wouldn't work. After spending an hour on the phone with Sony Customer Service (who didn't know anything), internet sleuths on this site posted info saying, "Yes, Sony dropped it and didn't tell anyone." Even Sony's customer service representatives didn't have access to the information and couldn't tell me why Evil Genius 2 was suddenly locked on my account.

Now that Sony is adding it back (after I already purchased the game) and announcing it like, "Look at all the value we give you in the Premium Tier!" I am non-plussed.

I knew I was right. A while back we've had a physical copy of Evil Genius 2 on sale here and I haven't bought it because I was sure it was on Plus - then it was nowhere to be found when I checked again. Kind of a shit move on Sony's part. 

The whole lineup is very mediocre, quantity over quality obviously, again with multiple titles from the same franchise offered in bulk. Cheaper that way maybe. 

Premium is... A bad joke at this point I guess. So many great games on the original Playstation and almost none of them are on the service after what, half a year since launch? 

43 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

I knew I was right. A while back we've had a physical copy of Evil Genius 2 on sale here and I haven't bought it because I was sure it was on Plus - then it was nowhere to be found when I checked again. Kind of a shit move on Sony's part.

Yeah, I ended up renting it so I could continue my game. Kinda peeved that now it's coming back.

Started Judgment when it was on PSNow but life happened and I didn't get back to it before it was gone. Glad I can pick up where I left off soon

3 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

this always seems to happen to me, I only just purchased WWE a few weeks ago in the sale and now it's free ? Crash 4 was another one that happened a few months back as well, a couple of others in the past as well but can't remember them

I bought WWE 2K as well. At least I got a head start on the MyFaction grind

Edited by Mumble_Taker

On 12/14/2022 at 4:11 PM, the1andonly654 said:

Evil Genius 2 - Kind of a shit move on Sony's part. 

Premium is... A bad joke at this point I guess. So many great games on the original Playstation and almost none of them are on the service after what, half a year since launch? 

Extra is good, but as a Premium member myself, I don't think it's worth it (I had already subscribed to PS Now for one year prior to the switch, and Sony converted all PS Now subscriptions into PS Premium subscriptions. Users had no say in the decision). Perhaps two years down the road, when Sony has built up the Premium catalog, it will be worth the cost, but for now it's meh.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:55 PM, Darling Baphomet said:

Yeah, I ended up renting Evil Genius 2 so I could continue my game. Kinda peeved that now it's coming back.

Same. I'm happy for people that have never experienced it, but the bait-and-switch made me lose faith in Sony's customer service. The fact that Sony's own phone representatives had no clue why the game was locked on my account means Sony's interdepartmental communication is lacking.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:58 PM, ArabianSwordsman said:

We get a lot of Ubisoft games each month which is good if you like their games I guess. It would be nice if they came with the dlc’s at least. Not to be a grinch but I would’ve expected better for the Christmas season.

Agreed. The older titles, Far Cry/Watch Dogs/Assassins Creed from 2017 or earlier, why not include that DLC? The games are already 5 years old. I don't think there is a huge demand for it, so I wonder how much money Ubisoft would actually lose by including that DLC on Ubisoft+. Ubisoft has become greedier and greedier over time, which makes me sad. Prior to Assassin's Creed IV, they used to respond to customers, but now we are treated like sheep that need to be financially sheared every six months.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 3