• Worms W.M.D
    • The Escapists 2
  2. 2. Preferred Premium games

• Ridge Racer 2
    • Heavenly Sword
    • Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus
    • Pinball Heroes

4 hours ago, Paperclip1776 said:

What games would you like to see for the Extra/Premium service?  Not picking a fight, genuinely curious what you want to see. 

I would agree that the Premium tier doesn't have the volume of titles I would've expected at this point but I think the Extra tier is a really good deal with a lot of great games added to the service since the new tier inception.

I don't know dude I could just say anything, really the issue is what is being given sucks. Where are are the classics? Where are the good trophy lists? Easier to know what I don't want when I see it

4 hours ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

We get a lot of Ubisoft games each month which is good if you like their games I guess. It would be nice if they came with the dlc’s at least. Not to be a grinch but I would’ve expected better for the Christmas season.

Unfortunately they don’t have many more to add, so when they will finish the Ubisoft catalogue Sony has to find someone else to ask for games 

• Like 2

Remember when people speculated that trophies being optional for premium titles would allow us to get more of them at a faster rate? To avoid the pitfalls of the short lived PS2 on PS4 program. Somehow I think we’re getting the worst of both worlds, no trophies and fewer games.

bikeman223.png

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

They only need a patch, that’s what Kojima did after a lot of years for MGS4 

Yeah. Around 20 games got trophies patched in after the trophy system's inception. I have a few of those:

Fj_zY_9WYAAGaF1?format=jpg&name=large

But that was more than a decade ago.

So far they only added trophies to PS1 and PS2 games (right?), where they added other stuff like upscaled graphics, quicksaves or a rewind feature.

I don't see them messing with a PS3 game's code to deploy the triggers for trophies at this point in time.

Hope I'm wrong though.

50 minutes ago, Sailar91 said:

Unfortunately they don’t have many more to add, so when they will finish the Ubisoft catalogue Sony has to find someone else to ask for games 

Tbf, there's also a bunch of Square Enix and Sega games on the service.

What other triple-A publishers can Sony partner with that aren't in bed with Microsoft?

Maybe get the Resident Evil and Devil May Cry games from Capcom, and some other stuff from Bandai Namco?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sailar91 said:

Yeah wonder what they are gonna do now, they have 1 maybe 2 more months worth of stuff and nothing very good. Wouldn't surprise me if they start adding a load of EA games, all ones they have already had on Essentials. 

8 hours ago, Sailar91 said:

They only need a patch, that’s what Kojima did after a lot of years for MGS4 

The problem with that unfortunately is Sony no longer allows new patches to be submitted for PS3 games and since they are only streamed for PS4/5 that still probably applies. 

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Have to disagree, they got a much better month imo. That new High on Life looks quality. Plus Metal Hellsinger looks good. I would swap those 2 for all these. 

High on Life is base line humour. Played through it as soon as it launched. It’s not special unfortunately. Hellsinger is niche and quite difficult to get a hang of but a decent game 

36 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Sometimes coming to these forums expecting to get pumped to play games is like going to the beach expecting to catch some sun only to find a sky full of stupid dark clouds.

"This sucks" "that's garbage"

f×××ing killjoys

Truth hurts lol

With how little Premium costs over Extra, I don't really think people should be expecting much more. It's less than $2 per month and these aren't trash tier games at least. Some would even call Abe a classic. It is disappointing that so few of the games have trophies though. A lazy trophy list is better than nothing so at least put in some bronze trophies there for finishing chapters or whatever is the easiest to implement. Make the games feel like something more than just the most basic emulation.

9 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Truth hurts lol

What truth?

There has to be something that resembles an opinion before there is any truth.

What truth is there in calling games "garbage" without stating your reasons?

Sometimes I ask about games, people tell me "Don't play that, perfomance is bad, gameplay is worse". That's something.

But what purpose is there in coming here just to leave a "meh, trash as always" comment?

Sure, freedom of speech and all that. Keep spreading your negativity all you want.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

What truth?

There has to be something that resembles an opinion before there is any truth.

What truth is there in calling games "garbage" without stating your reasons?

Sometimes I ask about games, people tell me "Don't play that, perfomance is bad, gameplay is worse". That's something.

But what purpose is there in coming here just to leave a "meh, trash as always" comment?

Sure, freedom of speech and all that. Keep spreading your negativity all you want.

It's a joke mate calm down lol

On 12/14/2022 at 10:09 PM, LastMinuteSavior said:

Yeah. Around 20 games got trophies patched in after the trophy system's inception. I have a few of those:

Fj_zY_9WYAAGaF1?format=jpg&name=large

But that was more than a decade ago.

So far they only added trophies to PS1 and PS2 games (right?), where they added other stuff like upscaled graphics, quicksaves or a rewind feature.

I don't see them messing with a PS3 game's code to deploy the triggers for trophies at this point in time.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Tbf, there's also a bunch of Square Enix and Sega games on the service.

What other triple-A publishers can Sony partner with that aren't in bed with Microsoft?

Maybe get the Resident Evil and Devil May Cry games from Capcom, and some other stuff from Bandai Namco?

It won’t happen. Sony is too busy selling their current wares to bother with old games released back in circa 2006 - 2009.

I’m just glad I was around and at college age when these games were new. No begging parents or grownups for a new game.

These threads always go to the same place. I won't claim innocence, I'm just as guilty of being negative, but I at least try to have something nice to say.

Anyway, somehow this months list slipped by me.

-WWW - Not a huge wrestling fan, but I remember enjoying the N64/PS1 ones from way back. This anything like those? Interest level based on advisement.

-Far Cry 5 - Already have a digital copy, but this is a reminder to make sure it's on my list. I've yet to get to it.

-Far Cry New Dawn - If I end up enjoying 5, I'll do this one. Skip otherwise.

-Far Cry Primal - Partner enjoyed this one, still need some clean up. I'll bump it up the list.

-Mortal Shell - I've read this is like a normie Souls-like or something. Doesn't look super appealing, but I'm willing to try it.

-Judgment & Yakuza -  I just don't get the appeal. Played one or two games like these, and they were ok, but it all feels very 'been there done that' to me. All on the list, low interest.

-Middle Earth - Read good things, looks good, both on the list at medium interest.

-The Pedestrian - Already have a copy and it's PS5 upgrade. Do recommend, though, inventive and challenging at parts.

-Evil Genius 2 - Low interest. At some point I grew out of games like these. I get why they're good, I just get bored quickly.

-Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion - Already own a copy. Ok game, the main challenge curve comes from no healing outside of skills and items, and battles being slanted against the player.

-Ben 10 - Looks simple and fun enough. On the list, upper mild interest.

-Gigantosaurus - Open world-ish platforming nonsense? I'm in.

-Pillars of Eternity - This and the first game have been on my interest list for a long while. I prefer to play games in order, so this one is lower on the list for now.

-Worms - Not my kind of game, no interest.

-The Escapists 2 - Already have a copy. Get to it when I get to it.

Premium/Extra:

-Ridge Racer 2 - No trophies, but will play.

-Heavenly Sword - Oh, that old God of War ripoff. Have a physical copy, but worth a partial playthrough.

-Oddworld: Abe's Exodus - No trophies, but will play again.

-Pinball Heroes - Oh, sure, the fucking pinball game gets trophies. As others have said, I'll play this just to drive home the point to some random busybody Sony executive that more trophies for these PSP/PS1 games is a good idea.

Decent month for me.