Servers closing January 24th

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/news/epic-is-turning-off-online-services-and-servers-for-some-older-games

Online trophies make up more than half of the trophy list, and players only have 1 month to get them all before closure. At least Singleplayer-related ones can be done Offline and can be done in any moment. Affected trophies go as follows:

Ace.) Score your first goal in an Online Ranked match. 

Natural.) Win an Online Ranked match. 

Rookie.) Play 10 Online Ranked career matches. 

Victorious.) Win 50 Online Ranked career matches. 

Showoff.) Score a goal while reversing in an Online Ranked match. 

Hat Trick.) Score 3 goals in an Online Ranked match. 

Hot Shot.) Achieve the Most Valuable Player award in an Online Ranked match. 

Striker.) Score 500 goals in your Online Ranked career. 

• Like 1

The online trophies are fairly simple and can be done in ~5 hours with the following method:

On 05/10/2020 at 5:18 PM, JoniP said:

Get two controllers, start public match 1v1, activate your second controller. You are now playing yourself without a chance of someone joining.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/43216-online-trophies-can-be-done-soloish/?do=findComment&comment=2166581

Edited by Cruscah
Adding "online" because the rest is hard
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SaAlLoAg said:

https://www.epicgames.com/site/en-US/news/epic-is-turning-off-online-services-and-servers-for-some-older-games

Online trophies make up more than half of the trophy list, and players only have 1 month to get them all before closure. At least Singleplayer-related ones can be done Offline and can be done in any moment. Affected trophies go as follows:

Ace.) Score your first goal in an Online Ranked match. 

Natural.) Win an Online Ranked match. 

Rookie.) Play 10 Online Ranked career matches. 

Victorious.) Win 50 Online Ranked career matches. 

Showoff.) Score a goal while reversing in an Online Ranked match. 

Hat Trick.) Score 3 goals in an Online Ranked match. 

Hot Shot.) Achieve the Most Valuable Player award in an Online Ranked match. 

Striker.) Score 500 goals in your Online Ranked career. 

Thanks 

Well, I'm glad I bought this on a whim last year during the PS store panic and randomly chose to complete it back in October. The single player is fairly tough. But if you have decent Rocket League experience, it's more than feasible. Abysmal friendly A.I. in the tournaments is the main deterrent in my eyes. 

For the online, I couldn't figure out how to use the method mentioned above to play against myself with a second controller. But there doesn't need to be another player. It can be 1v0, essentially. No car sitting at the opposing goal speeds things up a bit anyways. Personally, I got 500 goals after about 10 matches. That's the tedious portion. After that, it's just a lot of waiting around for the 50 wins.

Now, a couple people did join my matches a few times over the duration of the online. Messaging them worked. I suppose the player base may increase a bit now, though mostly for trophy hunting reasons. 

• Like 3

just finished the online and man what a borefest!!!! i actually taped my r2 down while doing other things but i would have to often come back to pick the soccer map and continue to the next round. i got the 50 wins way before the 500 points since i was only getting like 3 goals a game idling. then getting 25+ when actually trying. getting all stars looks like a pretty rare trophy. i dunno if its hard or just so many people gave up on the game it lowered the percentage

its a pretty tough game. a guide i read said you have to get all the stars in tournament and regular single player. i dunno if thats true but you get 1 star per point, and if the other team scores you lose a star. you get 3 minutes to make 5 goals. and have to do that on about 15 levels. and then another 100 stars in the mini games. all for a bronze trophy lol. i can see why its so rare

• Like 1

On 17/12/2022 at 10:48 PM, z_mateusz said:

No game, no demo, RIP.

How much it costed anyway?

Is it possible to install from another account and play on mine?

I paid like 2.50€ for it (EU). It was 1.99$ in NA or a little less than EU for some reason. Apparently it costed 9.99$ on release so it must have gotten a permanent price reduction at some point. It was also on PS Plus on February 2012 as said earlier in this thread.