SERVER SHUTDOWN: January 24th 2023

serrated-banner9

EPIC games have said that the servers for this game will be shut down on January 24th next year

i will keep a record of the online trophies for this game below but since i never played a rockband in my life, i have no idea what's online or not so any help will be grateful

NOTE: Platinum unobtainable as "Battle of the bands" trophy was made unobtainable last year

LIST OF ONLINE TROPHIES

Spoiler

(Platinum trophy) (already unobtainable if you don't have "The San Dimas 4th Annual Award trophy")

1S4da5a9.png Complete Discography
Wow! You've gotten all the trophies in Rock Band 2

11S3482e9.png Comeback Kid
Defeated the last player that defeated you in either Score Duel or Tug of War

18S16966d.png The San Dimas 4th Annual Award
Competed in a Battle of the Bands event

(already unobtainable)

Comeback Kid is the only obtainable trophy if you start from scratch (you can get the platinum if you already have "The San Dimas 4th Annual Award" trophy)

Edited by serrated-banner9
adding trophies

9 minutes ago, simmias said:

I think Victory and Comeback Kid are online only.

Victory is available offline, only Comeback Kid is affected by this.

There's another trophy, The San Dimas 4th Annual Award, which is already unobtainable due to the event ending back in 2020, so it isn't possible to start this now regardless.

• Like 1

It would be nice if they'd bring back an event to give players a last chance at platinum and give the game one last hurrah before shutting it down for good, but I doubt it will happen. I'm sure Epic is eager for Harmonix to abandon their old projects so they can put all their time and resources into Fortnite.

RIP Rock Band & Harmonix

54 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

They had the final event last 8 years and gave it an end-of-life timeframe. There wasn't much more they could do...They gave years and years warning on that one.

There was some uncertainty with it since there seemed to be a period a few years ago where the servers for this game went down completely but were eventually brought back up. That last event should have ended some time in 2020, but seeing how people were still earning the trophy in early 2021 I assume the server outage must have pushed back the event's end date.

In any case it's really unfortunate. Another whole platinum killed by a single and trivial online trophy.

Getting the 1M point trophy will be very difficult now unless you can somehow get a group of 4 very skilled players in your house for couch co-op.

I haven’t been able to connect to the Rock Band servers for years, same issue with Rock Band Blitz and the Rock Band Companion App.

• 1 month later...