Game packaging is in French, will the game be in English?

Sifferino

So I saw a great deal for Ratchet & Clank: A Rift Apart on Amazon.nl, for just 35 euros. I took it, but to my surprise when I received it, the text on the back is in French. Incredibly misleading, there was no indication of this in the product listing (and we don’t speak French in The Netherlands, definitely not something to be expected) so I really should return it.

But… before I do, I’d just like to know if anyone can tell me: is it just the packaging? Is the disc itself identical in every country? Can I play the game in English or am I stuck with a French dubbed POS?

Obviously if I take it out of the shrink wrap I can’t return it, so if anyone knows, do let me know. Thanks!

Not that this answer will help definitively but I've ordered many physical copies over the years with languages other than my own (English) on the packaging and when I played it everything was 100% English. In fact, one of those physical copies I bought a long time ago was from France.

• Like 1

Shouldn't worry, just go to the languages option within the menu and change it to English.  Region Codes are more of an issue than language I feel, as long its Region 2 or 0 [ Region 1 for the US players ] you shouldn't have a problem.  My sister remembers buying Uncharted back in 2007 for me from Hong Kong and asked the lady at the counter if it was the correct region code for the UK, which it was.

11 hours ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

Shouldn't worry, just go to the languages option within the menu and change it to English.  Region Codes are more of an issue than language I feel, as long its Region 2 or 0 [ Region 1 for the US players ] you shouldn't have a problem.  My sister remembers buying Uncharted back in 2007 for me from Hong Kong and asked the lady at the counter if it was the correct region code for the UK, which it was.

I do remember this being a problem with Xbox 360 games. And DVD & blu-ray movies to this day. But as far as I know, PS3/PS4/PS5 games have never had any region-locking whatsoever?

• 4 months later...

Currently I live in Poland, and every game made for Polish distribution has the title, and the back in Polish but the game itself is in English, you can pick what language you want the game to be in. Also I have bought German and Russian games before, for the ps4, and it's the same situation. The title and back is in their language, but the game itself has different language options.