Transferring saves right before unlocking a trophy.

8 minutes ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

If you get it to work please describe in detail. Otherwise right now I'm trying to decide if I go for the 50 kills on a save I already got it on, or make a new game. Not sure if it will unlock on an old save. Ill try tomorrpw getting 50 headshots

Just tried both the Aard trophy and the 50 headshots one and neither popped after doing both one or two times unfortunately. It's a shame that one of the only ones I wanted to cheese (headshots) is unable to be done that way, and weird considering others (like the environmental kills one) counted with just one more kill no problem.

Edited by Creasy007

9 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

Just tried both the Aard knock-off and kill trophy and the 50 headshots one and neither popped after doing both one or two times unfortunately. It's a shame that one of the only ones I wanted to cheese is unable to do so, and weird considering others (like the environmental kills one) counted with just one more kill no problem.

The aard one worked for me. I had to do it twice though, so I recommend trying it again. Yeah it's unfortunate about the marksman one. I'm just hoping I can do it on my transferred save prior to ng+ and NOT have to start a new game. 

So far only trophies that won't unlock after kill/collect/complete one is 50 headshots with the crossbow, complete all Witcher contracts, and collect all Gwent cards (unless you have a save prior to getting the last one). I'm going to see if there are any duplicate cards I still need for Gwent that might pop it. 

I'll keep you updated and will eventually update this post. Either way I'm excited to play the game in full with less attention on trophies. Just those damn missables. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

The aard one worked for me. I had to do it twice though, so I recommend trying it again. Yeah it's unfortunate about the marksman one. I'm just hoping I can do it on my transferred save prior to ng+ and NOT have to start a new game. 

So far only trophies that won't unlock after kill/collect/complete one is 50 headshots with the crossbow, complete all Witcher contracts, and collect all Gwent cards (unless you have a save prior to getting the last one). I'm going to see if there are any duplicate cards I still need for Gwent that might pop it. 

I'll keep you updated and will eventually update this post. Either way I'm excited to play the game in full with less attention on trophies. Just those damn missables. 

I've tried it enough to the point that I'll get it legit shortly (the Aard one). Not sure why it won't unlock for me.

And yes, I was also looking to see if maybe there were some miscellaneous throwaway Gwent cards somewhere that you could buy or find that aren't part of the required ones but would count but I don't believe there are. I don't mind picking up those again cause I love playing Gwent but would've been nice. Only salty about the Marksman trophy not being able to be unlocked, because my go-to spot for kill-related trophies (Devil's Pit, with the glitched gate exploit) seems to be fixed now, so I have no idea how I'm gonna go about getting it now. Do keep me posted though!

8 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

I've tried it enough to the point that I'll get it legit shortly (the Aard one). Not sure why it won't unlock for me.

And yes, I was also looking to see if maybe there were some miscellaneous throwaway Gwent cards somewhere that you could buy or find that aren't part of the required ones but would count but I don't believe there are. I don't mind picking up those again cause I love playing Gwent but would've been nice. Only salty about the Marksman trophy not being able to be unlocked, because my go-to spot for kill-related trophies (Devil's Pit, with the glitched gate exploit) seems to be fixed now, so I have no idea how I'm gonna go about getting it now. Do keep me posted though!

Here my friend:

Edit: Just got marksman trophy using this method (except I unequipped my sword so I could punch each one once, and used axii to make one of them stand still as I kill the other). Also I got it on my transferred save prior to starting new game plus. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

Here my friend:

Edit: Just got marksman trophy using this method (except I unequipped my sword so I could punch each one once, and used axii to make one of them stand still as I kill the other). Also I got it on my transferred save prior to starting new game plus. 

Never even knew about this spot. You’re a legend, appreciate it! 

I unlocked in a file where I finished everything in NG+ every combat trophy. All I need is 50 headshots. Can you confirm it doesn't work?

Anyway for the record, if you're in NG+ and on PS4 you haven't picked up the bomb and potion diagrams/blueprints/recipes (I don't know what they are called in English XD) again just buy one and unlock the two trophies. 

Edited by Siriodorione

44 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

I unlocked in a file where I finished everything in NG+ every combat trophy. All I need is 50 headshots. Can you confirm it doesn't work?

Anyway for the record, if you're in NG+ and on PS4 you haven't picked up the bomb and potion diagrams/blueprints/recipes (I don't know what they are called in English XD) again just buy one and unlock the two trophies. 

You can get the marksman trophy again you just need to do all 50 over again. 

• Like 1

I know it likely won't help, but I got 1 crossbow headshot on an Xbox save between those 2 versions and got the achievement.  

I took saves from the original version and loaded them on the complete version.

Here is what worked for me on Xbox

50 headshots with crossbow
50 environmental kills

10 Aard fall kills
Equip full set of Witcher gear
Read 30 books
Level 35 (hit 36)
Potion and Bomb recipes

Story:
Assassin of Kings
All ending achievements including the boss and death march achievements

Edited by Fuzzmeister_J

1 hour ago, Fuzzmeister_J said:

I know it likely won't help, but I got 1 crossbow headshot on an Xbox save between those 2 versions and got the achievement.  

I took saves from the original version and loaded them on the complete version.

Here is what worked for me on Xbox

50 headshots with crossbow
50 environmental kills

10 Aard fall kills
Equip full set of Witcher gear
Read 30 books
Level 35 (hit 36)
Potion and Bomb recipes

Story:
Assassin of Kings
All ending achievements including the boss and death march achievements

I've heard people getting achievements to autopop on Xbox just by loading the save so must be different. Lucky you guys lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

So happy they added cross save, so now I can at least continue my ps4 progress on the steam deck and pop some of the trophies on ps4, and not completely abandon it on 20%

I wanted to start a fresh save on the ps5 version but I was having second thoughts because of the low ps4 list

Edited by TalalHmd