Favourite game you played in 2022

GoonerLukeThe

I enjoyed almost all the games I played this year, but I'm not going to list all of them. Instead, I'll pick a few of them.

L4a97d2.png

I've played my share of F2P games in the past. Although I've enjoyed them more or less, they never got me hooked. That is, until I tried this. While some things took me some time to get used to and it took me even longer to discover this, I'd say I had a blast with this. Even after getting the platinum, as well as spending 200 hours and playing 1000 matches, I still find myself enjoying this. With lots of character customization options, good music during matches and a variety of different game modes (with some time-limited game modes added every once in a while), I can say that this is my personal F2P game. Also, the fact that each match is always different and that my win/lose ratio is 50/50 tells something. Even when I lose a match, I don't mind it. As long as I have fun, that's all that matters. Not to mention, there's nothing more satisfying than hitting your opponent with a ball and hearing that bang never gets old. That, and sneaking behind them without them noticing. My playstyle focuses on that about half the time.

PS. The Weird Scientist voice is still the best one in the game. While I've changed some things in my character like the outfit or the victory pose, there's one thing I'll never change and it's the voice. Many of his quotes are amusing, like all the yells and grunts he makes when you get hit by a ball, when you're thrown into the air by a teammate or sometimes when you jump, he makes a sound as if he's saying "nya". I like it.

L7df5d6.png

Brainpunk. Isn't that the best way to advertise this game? While the story wasn't too mind-blowing, everything else was much better. The characters (with Hanabi still being my favorite), the gameplay and of course, the soundtrack, which I still enjoy listening to every now and then. Yup, I'd say Bandai Namco managed to surprise me with this one.

Lc88767.png

L0ef4b4.png

These two were the first ones I played in this series. Despite being a newcomer, I actually enjoyed them more than I thought. While the first game has its charm, the sequel is the one I prefer, thanks to the improved combat system and more ways to explore the world. I'm still going to question the fact that you can only change your equipment in the hideout and not while exploring. Other than that, I don't have anything negative to say. Also, yay for the third game. Do I even need to say if I'm going to play it or not?

Also, I simply can’t believe that it took me 10 months to platinum the first game. Why I took such a long break from it is beyond me. I guess I was lazy and some of the other games got my attention back then.

L5bce72.png

One of the toughest platinums I've done, but also one of the best. While not exactly perfect, the game was a great experience nonetheless, thanks to the level design, boss battles and soundtrack. Also, for an 8-bit style game, it looks great.

L13484e.png

I'm sure some people know my story regarding this game. After resuming it in 2020, I ended up putting it on hiatus for two years and that's because of the unnecessary addition in the final DLC. I got it done, but man was it boring. Glad it's over. Other than that, it still stands as one of the JRPGs I've played.

La25b31.png

I might as well include this one as well. After all, all the meme videos I saw earlier this year were the reason to resume this. Also, this was the platinum I had to do before I could start using the PS5. It was a promise I made for myself back then and I'm glad I did. Otherwise, who knows when I would've resumed this?

Anyway, although I made things much easier for myself by using a DLC weapon, it still wasn't exactly easy. Some of the VR Missions were hard and the boss battle against Senator Armstrong in Sam's DLC was one of the most pain in the ass moments, all because of the no damage trophy and the fact that he likes to use a certain attack too often made it less fun.

Other than that, it's a really good spin-off. Shame there's no remaster or sequel. I also would love to see it being released for the PS+ catalogue, but I’m guessing that’s not going to happen for reasons. At least all the meme videos make sure the game's legacy will still carry on.

Lc5067a.png

Still stands as my favorite of all the games Wayforward Technologies has developed. The puzzle-solving is top-notch, but the thing that truly stands out in these games is the music. While I enjoy listening to them (excluding the remixes in the HD game), the first game has the superior soundtrack. I could listen to that all day.

Edited by MrGarland
  • Like 2

1st
L0b328c.png

This was my favourite game I played this year just loved it had a blast from start to finish, story, visuals, characters, level design etc all top quality and even though I already got 100% in the game this is the type of game I would happily play again, Nothing else really to say just overall a fantastic game in my view.

2nd -Horizon Forbidden West 

3rd - Puppeteer 

4th - Lost IRandom 

5th - Marvel’s Guardian’s of the Galaxy

• Like 1

My favourite in 2022 probably goes to :Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream,

loves the story and crafting system so much.

2nd is NieR:Automata, no regret to play this game so late as the whole NieR series is a JRPG legend.

The 3rd I may choose What Remains of Edith Finch,

the story is short and not much gameplay content, but the story is so touching and memorable. It always reminds me the importance of family and relationship

• Like 4

For me, it would undoubtedly have to be a tie between Deep Rock Galactic and Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I still think about both games regularly and fondly remember the hundreds of hours I spent in those dank, dark caves with a bunch of smelly drunken dwarves, or the equal amount of time I spent on my horse galloping through the lush green forests of Bohemia.

Not including games I came back to from previous years, for DLC or whatnot, my favourites that I started and finished this year were:

1. Elden Ring
  2. Inscryption
  3. Tunic
  4. Doki Doki Literature Club+
  5. Griftlands

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

Nier Replicant was an incredible game, considering I played the original and just never really got into it.  Plus played Nier Automata and never really got into it, but now will be going back to try it again.  Replicant drew me in with the stories and characters and I would have to put it in my top 3 of all time.

• Like 1

Here is a fun thread where you can talk about your favorite video game that you played in 2022.

It can be a Playstation game or any other platform. You just have to have had fun while you played it.

For myself, it would have to be Death Stranding.

When I started playing the game, I already had doubts. The gameplay looked confusing to say the least and hearing it described as a "Walking Simulator" probably would put a lot of people off. However, with that said, I learned to enjoy the game. I felt it relaxing. Call me crazy, but picking out your paths and delivering packages was relaxing. Not having to do a whole lot was nice. I learned to like the game. Now if you asked me to explain the plot to you, you would be out of luck. I found it confusing at times. However, it was a great game and experience and await the sequel when it releases. 

• Like 2

Ive not played alot of aaa games from 2022 because of money issues but ive played some great hidden gems

My favourites were probaly

1. celeste

2. Lonely mountains downhill

3. The messenger

All fantastic games and would highly recommend and the best thing was it only cost me a total of around 15 pounds

Edited by dannyswfc9

On 2-1-2023 at 4:06 AM, Jermster_91 said:

Here is a fun thread where you can talk about your favorite video game that you played in 2022.

It can be a Playstation game or any other platform. You just have to have had fun while you played it.

For myself, it would have to be Death Stranding.

When I started playing the game, I already had doubts. The gameplay looked confusing to say the least and hearing it described as a "Walking Simulator" probably would put a lot of people off. However, with that said, I learned to enjoy the game. I felt it relaxing. Call me crazy, but picking out your paths and delivering packages was relaxing. Not having to do a whole lot was nice. I learned to like the game. Now if you asked me to explain the plot to you, you would be out of luck. I found it confusing at times. However, it was a great game and experience and await the sequel when it releases. 

Nice. Thanks for that. I still need to play it and though I was going to anyway, it’s nice to hear a grown up view on it. ?? Instead of just calling it a walking simulator. 

Like @StraightVege I am going to have to say Hades.

I’ve played other great games this year like MGS5, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Ghost of Tsushima, but they had a few small flaws for me. Hades didn’t. It has fun and very smooth gameplay, an interesting story. All the gods have a lot of dialogue; sometimes very deep, sometimes very funny. Can’t really say anything bad about it.

Can’t wait for Hades 2.

• Like 1

By far, the game I liked the most in 2022 is It Takes Two. It was the most fun I had in quite a while with a game.

My partner does not play video games at all, so there was definitely a learning curve, but I managed to guide her through it and there was never a dull moment. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

Special mention goes to Gravity Rush Remastered. It was a game that always interested me, and it ended up being damn addictive. I loved the novelty of the game mechanics, and flying around Hekseville using gravity was so much fun.

• Like 1

This year was great for gaming.

Tales of Arise was my most anticipated being a long term Tales fan and it being so many years since Berseria. 

Scarlet Nexus was another, loved the story, characters and battles. Similar vibes to Tales of Berseria especially with the style of characters and the red and black being like Velvet in Tales. 

My favourite game that I played was probably Caligula 2 although it was a 2021 release, I really enjoyed the whole regret concept and getting another shot at life without regrets. The music was also amazing, and I liked the way you could choose between a male or female protagonist. The characters were also well written with good depth to them.

• Like 1