Shared Story In One Sitting?

Does the coop trophy obtained by playing Shared Story require you to play through in one sitting?

I’ll have the same partner but is it possible to put down the game and pick it back up another time without risk of voiding the trophy? And if we do multiple sessions is it safe to pick up where we left off?  

Edited by BestUsername----

You can do it over multiple sessions. Iirc, the host will create a Shared Story save file that will keep track of your progress so you can safely quit and continue again another time.

If you’ve already played through the game a few times though and don’t have to worry about any collectibles or misc trophies, rushing through it in one sitting is also very doable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

You can do it over multiple sessions. Iirc, the host will create a Shared Story save file that will keep track of your progress so you can safely quit and continue again another time.

If you’ve already played through the game a few times though and don’t have to worry about any collectibles or misc trophies, rushing through it in one sitting is also very doable. 

I’m assuming if I have different partners, I’d have different save files as well?

On 2022-12-14 at 8:18 PM, BestUsername---- said:

I’m assuming if I have different partners, I’d have different save files as well?

Sorry for the late response. I’m not actually sure how that works. I think only the host has the save file - but don’t quote me on that - so theoretically it’s possible you could pick up where you left off on your save file with another person. But I can’t say for sure unless I were to go and test it. I am now curious though. ? 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/11/2023 at 10:56 PM, LegendExeter said:

Can't this be done by 1 person with multiple controllers and multiple ps accounts on the same system?  Theoretically you would just inviting your friend which is your alt account on the same console so they can get the invite and say yes.

If only it was that easy.

I'm putting off playing the PS5 version as I have a ton of problems in getting the online trophies when it was first released on the PS4. A lot of patience, good communication skills and instructions and praying the game doesn't crash.

Thankfully the later titles removed the need to be online. Was hoping that they will update the PS5 version to do that but it seems not to be the case.

Edited by KHDelBoy

• 3 months later...
On 8/11/2023 at 5:56 PM, LegendExeter said:

Can't this be done by 1 person with multiple controllers and multiple ps accounts on the same system?  Theoretically you would just inviting your friend which is your alt account on the same console so they can get the invite and say yes.

No, but if you have a PS4 and PS5, you can do co-op with yourself. There are only a handful of spots where the second person has to do anything. In most spots, player 1 triggering a cutscene will automatically drag player 2 into the cutscene

1 hour ago, Datboy1991 said:

No, but if you have a PS4 and PS5, you can do co-op with yourself. There are only a handful of spots where the second person has to do anything. In most spots, player 1 triggering a cutscene will automatically drag player 2 into the cutscene

Do you think this is feasible with the ps5 and ps4 hooked up to the same TV (so that you can only see one console at one time).  Or too much trouble and better off getting a boosting partner?

I can switch inputs to change between the two but not sure if there are timed sections that it wouldn’t be good for.