Please say the servers aren’t down forever.

Alvexas

19 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

the servers aren't down forever.

Sorry, couldn't resist but you did ask.

Unfortunately according to this post, seems like you're out of luck.

Thanks for telling me that lol. That was for PS3 and Xbox 360 servers. Vita servers have been up still. Played yesterday but haven’t had luck today.

3 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Just checked the Vita version and the servers are up. PS3 servers appear to be down right now.

Thanks for checking. Seems like a me problem then lol. PS3 servers were shut down in September it’s just Xbox One, PS4, Vita, and Switch left. (Not sure if Wii U is still up)

9 minutes ago, Alvexas said:

Thanks for telling me that lol. That was for PS3 and Xbox 360 servers. Vita servers have been up still. Played yesterday but haven’t had luck today.

Thanks for checking. Seems like a me problem then lol. PS3 servers were shut down in September it’s just Xbox One, PS4, Vita, and Switch left. (Not sure if Wii U is still up)

The servers are still up for the PS3 and Vita versions but they have become unstable as of late so are prone to random outages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alvexas said:

PS3 servers were shut down in September

Technically yes, Uplay connectivity did got axe'd last September. MP servers however don't depend on that component, so for a couple of months now the Online races had been left rather unstable and most likely in it's last leg, but in a overall working state as of a few days ago. 

Edited by SaAlLoAg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TechyX9451 said:

Ok so I have 2 questions

1. how long do you think the online is going to be up?

2. I just started the game so do you think I can finish the online portion before the servers are closed?

1: If you're on the Vita, you likely have months or even years to go before the servers get canned properly but if you're on the PS3, you're almost certainly out of luck.

2: See above.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 12/15/2022 at 7:19 AM, Alvexas said:

Seems like a me problem then lol

Nope, servers are currently down for everybody on PS3 and 360. It's unclear if they will ever come back, servers were still working after October's uPlay shutdown, but now they are offline. Those outages happened sometimes in all platforms already and they came back after a while.

I wouldn't have many hopes that Ubi will actually bring them back this time again, unfortunately.