Expansion 2 Trophy Thoughts

timpurnat

6 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

@timpurnat Thank you very much for your info about the moves Trophy, later today I'm gonna get it.

May I know how you get the Trophy related to the bombs? How do I play that mode?

offline play -> training -> triangle -> dipad right 

Timing is a bit messed up but basically you need to press L1 right before it hits you, took me like 15 min

9 hours ago, xen0kn1ghter said:

Was really hoping to 100% the game before the end of the year. Well, lucky me then. Another grindy expansion. I have no idea how I'm gonna stomach all this grinding

Luckily you can at least afk the grind and play something else on ps5 or ps3

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 2

Anybody knows by how much the grind increases from lvl 25->40 compared to 0->25? My main is lvl 30'ish  and I can already feel the pain in my thumbs thinking about leveling up 10 more times :blink:

And they at least could've warned us about buying sky/goldforged skins before the DLC pack, now I have 2 Skyforges that don't count bought just over 3 months ago

13 minutes ago, SaAlLoAg said:

Anybody knows by how much the grind increases from lvl 25->40 compared to 0->25? My main is lvl 30'ish  and I can already feel the pain in my thumbs thinking about leveling up 10 more times :blink:

And they at least could've warned us about buying sky/goldforged skins before the DLC pack, now I have 2 Skyforges that don't count bought just over 3 months ago

apparently, you can ask for a refund, @Tempestad_cl did it

Just a heads-up, you can activate hurtboxes while going for "High Stakes Hot Potato" and it'll still count. However, you can't revert time to grab a missed bombs or it will lock you out until you legitimately fail that set. 

Hurtboxes are actually very useful to see in what radious exactly the bombs hits you, and it gives more clarity as to when to try grabbing the bomb. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timpurnat said:

not sure if this justifies the pointless grind xD

I'm sure the next update will be even better - I can already predict all of the trophies

not sure if my joke referring to the controversy of EA battlefront 2 loot box debacle (pride and accomplishment was one of their reasonings) went over your head or not lol

• Like 1

18 hours ago, timpurnat said:

I can confirm that the moves shown in the video above don't count toward the trophy. I played 20 matches doing them and the trophy didn't pop. Then I started using special moves with circle (Maybe that's obvious for brawlhala vets lol but I still have no idea what signature attacks should be so don't be mad at me xD). So you need to do 3 moves with each weapon. forward+O, down+O, and just O (the enemy needs to be in the air). I also charged the O just in case.

@timpurnat did you get this in exactly 10 games? I went for about 1.5 hours yesterday trying to land the 6 signature attacks and counted around 15 games where I did it properly. Looks like you were doing the ranked mode but I was in 1v1 strikeout. I'm really lost at to what I'm doing wrong. I'll keep trying anyway. My assumption is that the tracker is just off, or maybe I have to land the 6 attacks on one legend before they swap after they die.

Edited by Burstawesome

7 minutes ago, Burstawesome said:

@timpurnat did you get this in exactly 10 games? I went for about 1.5 hours yesterday trying to land the 6 signature attacks and counted around 15 games where I did it properly. Looks like you were doing the ranked mode but I was in 1v1 strikeout. I'm really lost at to what I'm doing wrong. I'll keep trying anyway. My assumption is that the tracker is just off, or maybe I have to land the 6 attacks on one legend before they swap after they die.

Yeah, I was doing it in third-ranked mode. I don't think it counts properly, I did about 20 matches like that at least before it popped. Maybe try charging the moves. But that's how my trophy popped, on the last match I only did moves shown in my video

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I'm also having issues with this Trophy. Did it more than 10 times, and of course it didn't pop. So stupid.

damn, I'm not sure but maybe there is more to it than I thought. I tried normal attacks for 30 matches and didn't get the trophy and then did like 20 doing the circle attacks I mentioned, on some matches, I still did normal attacks just in case but I don't think it matters as I got the trophy on a match I didn't do normal attacks lol. Trophies like that are just the worst, no tracker whatsoever :(

What mode are you using? Are you charging the attacks? Maybe it depends on what char you use :hmm:, try using the new one

Edited by timpurnat

6 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

What mode are people having luck with getting that trophy in? What is "third-ranked"?

Third mode in ranked is called "ranked street brawl", only played this mode so far

7 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Elimination 1vs1 mode, sometimes I charge and sometimes I don't.

Forward plus circle

Down plus circle

Circle with opponent in the air

for both weapons? 

Edited by timpurnat

5 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Ranked.

Now I'm trying to do it in Free for all, just one question, why does the third move need to be done on an in-air opponent?

I couldn't hit it otherwise, maybe it depends on the character? I tried two other characters so I thought it's the same on all 

Maybe that's your problem, maybe you are using a character that doesn't do the third move on an airborne opponent. I guess some characters have a different move?

Edited by timpurnat

I finally got the trophy. I ended up switching to free-for-all and realized that one of the battle pass challenges actually tracks 5 of the 10 games needed for the trophy. I ended up playing enough to finish the challenge and counted the next 5 games and got the trophy. I was using the new brawler as well. I was playing on 1v1 with the 3 different brawlers and it wasn't working, so just switch to FFA, it's also easier cause more people are in the arena.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Burstawesome said:

I finally got the trophy. I ended up switching to free-for-all and realized that one of the battle pass challenges actually tracks 5 of the 10 games needed for the trophy. I ended up playing enough to finish the challenge and counted the next 5 games and got the trophy. I was using the new brawler as well. I was playing on 1v1 with the 3 different brawlers and it wasn't working, so just switch to FFA, it's also easier cause more people are in the arena.

Nice!! You were doing the moves I mentioned? Just wanted to be sure we have correct info in tips