The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt PS4 V4.00 Trophy: THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY

Brodyest8GT

Hi! 

I´m new to trophy hunting, started at late October.

I´m having issues with the tropy THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY on The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
The "puppet" or "Axi´ed guy" always die to the other opponent and never kill him, it still counts? 

I guess i have done this over 40 times and the trophy do not pop up.
I am farming Misc trophies north at Trottheim.

Can somebody guide me for this trophy?
There is a better place to farm? 

Thank you in advance!

9 hours ago, Brodyest8GT said:

Hi! 

I´m new to trophy hunting, started at late October.

I´m having issues with the tropy THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY on The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
The "puppet" or "Axi´ed guy" always die to the other opponent and never kill him, it still counts? 

I guess i have done this over 40 times and the trophy do not pop up.
I am farming Misc trophies north at Trottheim.

Can somebody guide me for this trophy?
There is a better place to farm? 

Thank you in advance!

Well you could just weaken 1 enemy out of 2 then aci the strong one that should guarantee success or even weaken several And let the strong one run wild 

I personally just axied everything possible cause on my deathmarch to runs I'm underpowered for the first part of the game so axi is a life saver just letting enemies kill each other while I avoid damages lol

10 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Well you could just weaken 1 enemy out of 2 then aci the strong one that should guarantee success or even weaken several And let the strong one run wild 

I personally just axied everything possible cause on my deathmarch to runs I'm underpowered for the first part of the game so axi is a life saver just letting enemies kill each other while I avoid damages lol

The biggest problem its that i already tried that, the guy who is 1HP keep one shoting the puppet full hp.
I dont understand! 

I am having some difficulty with the trophy “environmentally unfriendly” too. For the record I 100% Witcher III more than 1 time, the last time I did it, it only took me 2 hours to finish all combat-related trophies, so I know how it should be done. I know the easiest way to get the trophy is to use aard to knock down a human enemy on the ground and push square to execute. However this time I can’t even knock down some weak enemies (aard is already strengthened). Sometimes, even when they are on the ground and the prompt did appear, I push square and Geralt just did a quick attack not execute. I think I only successfully executed 10% of the knocked down enemies. This is driving me crazy. Is anyone having the same issue?

Edited by archangeltw_

6 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

I am having some difficulty with the trophy “environmentally unfriendly” too. For the record I 100% Witcher III more than 1 time, the last time I did it, it only took me 2 hours to finish all combat-related trophies, so I know how it should be done. I know the easiest way to get the trophy is to use aard to knock down a human enemy on the ground and push square to execute. However this time I can’t even knock down some weak enemies (aard is already strengthened). Sometimes, even when they are on the ground and the prompt did appear, I push square and Geralt just did a quick attack not execute. I think I only successfully executed 10% of the knocked down enemies. This is driving me crazy. Is anyone having the same issue?

If you want to execute enemies in the ground with prompt then go to harpy lair and do it there

• Like 2

8 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

I got my trophy using the explosive shield ability from quen spell, it's very sweet knocking down harpy's, you can easily do this north of the two pirates (trottheim location)

• Like 1

I'm too having issue with the Enemy of my Enemy trophy, I've got the completion of this game twice on PS and twice on Xbox, never had issues with this, but this time around, my puppets just get 1 shot by the other enemies, while doing almost no damage to any other enemies. It must be some kinda glitch, right?! I'm on Death March with enemy upscaling on and the puppet still gets 1 shot. I've tried turning upscaling off too, but it made no difference, only thing i've not done is lower difficulty, but im not going to do that since it will void my DM trophy.

36 minutes ago, WitcherScotty said:

I'm too having issue with the Enemy of my Enemy trophy, I've got the completion of this game twice on PS and twice on Xbox, never had issues with this, but this time around, my puppets just get 1 shot by the other enemies, while doing almost no damage to any other enemies. It must be some kinda glitch, right?! I'm on Death March with enemy upscaling on and the puppet still gets 1 shot. I've tried turning upscaling off too, but it made no difference, only thing i've not done is lower difficulty, but im not going to do that since it will void my DM trophy.

I'm completing side stuff and Blood and Wine before I start my NG+ on Death March, so I'm on the lowest difficulty right now, and the mind controlled enemy is useless as well. I don't think I managed to get a single kill with them. Seems like balance changes totally broke this ability.

39 minutes ago, WitcherScotty said:

If u need to lower the difficulty just save your game back it up on usb or cloud lower it get your trophy then put your original save back on overwriting the lowered save file I did that for the trophy for headshotting enemies with crossbow 

8 hours ago, GumiDeLaGumi said:

I'm completing side stuff and Blood and Wine before I start my NG+ on Death March, so I'm on the lowest difficulty right now, and the mind controlled enemy is useless as well. I don't think I managed to get a single kill with them. Seems like balance changes totally broke this ability.

8 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If u need to lower the difficulty just save your game back it up on usb or cloud lower it get your trophy then put your original save back on overwriting the lowered save file I did that for the trophy for headshotting enemies with crossbow 

I'm too paranoid to lower difficulty even with backing saves up, etc. ? I'm fine to just wait until i get the DM trophy then try it on an easier difficulty then, but if it's making no difference then i'm not sure what to do. I'd seen something somewhere about trying to turn an unaware enemy into a puppet, like a group of enemies that aren't aggro'd onto you, turn one of them and presumably they'd just start attacking the other enemies and have the drop on them, but i'm not sure how that would work, besides it doesn't fix the fact that the puppet dies in 1 hit. :/

EDIT: Ok, so i just managed to get the trophy and doubt anything i have observed will be much use but maybe someone can find something useful in it anyway. :/

So the puppet skill is just broken, it's not nerfed, it's unusable for the purpose of the trophy so there's no way that was an intentional nerf, however it is still possible to manipulate it to get the trophy. I used the 2 dudes in Skellige and got 1 to almost no health then used puppet on the other, this is just so you can get your puppet to 1 shot the other enemy since your puppet will do almost no damage. I basically tried to position them so the enemy i attacked and reduced the health of was infront of me and the enemy i was using as a puppet was behind him, thats pretty much the only way your puppet will get the first attack in and even then a lot of times it was inconsistant.

And thats that, took maybe a couple of hours. Some observations things that are i think at least worth mentioning, make sure your sword doesn't do bleed damage, i only had my feline sword with 10% bleed chance, since you're getting an enemy to almost no health, if bleed procs, they'll just die from that, it happened to me a lot so bring a weapon with no bleed on it. The other thing, i did try to puppet 1 guy then basic axii the other to stun him so the pupper had chance to attack but it didn't work a single time, not sure if it's even possible. Usually the puppet would just stand there while the stunned guy was stunned. Maybe worth trying but i couldn't get it to work.

Also, probably irrelevant but i was still on deathmarch but with scaling off, so i was lvl 24 and the enemies were lvl 14.

Edited by WitcherScotty
added info
  • Like 1