Road map for the missables for a One Playthrough Platinum

Sicho

Great summary, although could you pin which trophies are associated with these "points of no return" so that it's easier to follow them?
This will be the first play through for me and I'd really like to not fu** anything up so that it will be the first and last play through :D 

Edited by monkeyDwiktor

2 hours ago, monkeyDwiktor said:

Great summary, although could you pin which trophies are associated with these "points of no return" so that it's easier to follow them?
This will be the first play through for me and I'd really like to not fu** anything up so that it will be the first and last play through :D 

a more detailed description is here

and then of course the trophy guides themselves provide even more detail

The is hands down the best guide ever written to platinum the game with record time, not missing a single goe trophy, it cover EVERYTHING!!! The guy who wrote it out countless hours unto it and deserves a reward as far as I'm concerned. It takes aby stress out of getting all of the trophy in our OCD minds lol. You won't need anything else, just enjoy the ride and follow the simple step by step guide!

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/275435-the-witcher-3-~-platinum-speedrun-guide/#comment-5601409

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fozzyabear said:

The is hands down the best guide ever written to platinum the game with record time, not missing a single goe trophy, it cover EVERYTHING!!! The guy who wrote it out countless hours unto it and deserves a reward as far as I'm concerned. It takes aby stress out of getting all of the trophy in our OCD minds lol. You won't need anything else, just enjoy the ride and follow the simple step by step guide!

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/275435-the-witcher-3-~-platinum-speedrun-guide/#comment-5601409

this is all well for people who want to look at a guide all the time. But for people who just want to enjoy the game and just want to know beforehand what to pay attention to, a checklist for the missables might be nicer.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fozzyabear said:

Innkeeper

Before leaving, purchase this Card again:

- DECOY

This is in the guide but this card isnt purchasable again in White Orchard. This is not even 30 minutes into the game. 

8 hours ago, Fozzyabear said:

Im actually redoing this over here in the coming months, with maps and such and will fix the typos and clean up some methods!!

6 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

Innkeeper

Before leaving, purchase this Card again:

- DECOY

This is in the guide but this card isnt purchasable again in White Orchard. This is not even 30 minutes into the game. 

It does, but iirc, you must save and reload for it to appear. I know its weird, I dont actually mention that being the method in the guide to spawn it, but i think i have u save and reloading for something else and this is a byproduct.

Go back to it, buy the Decoy card so none are reamining, then save and reload and the 2nd should appear.

Something hardly no players know on this game and its not even 30 minutes in!!

Thats if im remembering right, which i think i am. 

7 hours ago, Sicho said:

this is all well for people who want to look at a guide all the time. But for people who just want to enjoy the game and just want to know beforehand what to pay attention to, a checklist for the missables might be nicer.

I will be adding a missables section in the new guide once done, mainly for this reason. I believe guides should be as accessible to readers as games with lots of accessibility settings are to players so that it reaches as many players as possible!! Each of us has our own playstyles ;)

And no, Ive not started it yet, busy planning Biomutant. Hoped to have it done sooner, but guide likely wont be ready until February or March at the latest. Apologies for the delay.

I want to try and make this special and look like a proper Official Guide, so will take time, this game deserves it, so does MGSV!

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Sicho said:

1f518.png Then complete the following BEFORE going to the Isle of Mists:
1) murder the King for the trophy by always choosing the first dialogue choice in the "Blindingly Obvious" quest when talking to Dijkstra and Philippa and then go on to the "Reason of State" quest

Those missions unlock after you’ve been to the Isle of Mists. 

17 hours ago, mati11120 said:

You can turn off enemy scaling in options

Does that effect the Death March trophy? I’m really not sure what to do to make the experience easier for this trophy, shall I start over or go in NG+? :( 

Thanks for the guide. This will definitely be my reminder for the playthrough!

Thank you for this guide. I've been hesitant to play this game because of all the missable trophies and length of the game. This gives me more confidence for when I do start. Learning about the difficulty related trophy, I still think that I will do two playthroughs though. I want to enjoy the game and I don't think that will happen if I try Death March first. If You do Death March on NG+, I assume that will still count to for the trophy...? What carries over to NG+?

MQ: BEAST OF WHITE ORCHARD

Select 'Ask the Herbalist about Buckthorn' as a QM then head there.

As you enter the Gaarison, you will encounter a cutscene, during which you will receive the SAWMILL SP. Warp to this Signpost and head to the QM.

Before you enter the Hut at the QM, make a Manual Save and then head to the nearest NE ?. You will find a POP guarded by a Wraith. Kill this Wraith. They will always teleport then attack twice so when it does, just dodge twice, attack a few times and repeat, keeping QUEN active. Loot its body afterwards. If you do not receive Emerald Dust, then reload the previous save and repeat until the Wraith drops Emerald Dust. Once done, draw the POP then head to the QM, loot the plants around the Hut, then enter and talk to the Herbalist.

Or I am missing something but I did not get a cutscene when entering the garrison, so I did not get the sawmill SP. Had to find it myself.

And what is: head to the nearest NE.?

I couldnt find an explanation for NE. 

52 minutes ago, falsaai said:

Does that effect the Death March trophy? I’m really not sure what to do to make the experience easier for this trophy, shall I start over or go in NG+? :( 

Thanks for the guide. This will definitely be my reminder for the playthrough!

Enemy scaling is off by default therefore it won’t invalidate death march trophy as long as you don’t change over the course

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OTPYG said:

Those missions unlock after you’ve been to the Isle of Mists. 

only the last two. If you miss one of the required side quests before going to the Isle of Mists you cannot trigger "Reason of State" anymore. 
Here is the complete Questline:

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Assassin_of_Kings

And here is a list of all the quests that fail when you haven't finished them before going to the Isle of Mists.

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/The_Isle_of_Mists_(quest)#Cutoff_Point

Only after "An Eye for an Eye" is finished can you progress to Act III.There, "Blindingly Obvious" will start, followed by "Reason of State".

Therefore the recommendation is to do EVERY available subquest possible before going to the Isle of Mists.

But you are right, my wording is misleading/unclear in the roadmap. I guess I wanted to keep it too short. I will edit it.

It will change from:

"murder the King for the trophy by always choosing the first dialogue choice in the "Blindingly Obvious" quest when talking to Dijkstra and Philippa and then go on to the "Reason of State" quest"

to

"do every available subquest to ensure nothing leading to the quest "Blindingly Obvious" in Act III is missed. Especially all of Triss' subquests and, subsequently, "Redania's Most Wanted", "A Deadly Plot", and "An Eye for an Eye". Always choose the first dialogue choice in the "Blindingly Obvious" quest when talking to Dijkstra and Philippa and then go on to the "Reason of State" quest. Finishing that quest will net you the Assassin of Kings trophy."

5 minutes ago, Sicho said:

only the last two. If you miss one of the required side quests before going to the Isle of Mists you cannot trigger "Reason of State" anymore. 
Here is the complete Questline:

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/Assassin_of_Kings

And here is a list of all the quests that fail when you haven't finished them before going to the Isle of Mists.

https://witcher.fandom.com/wiki/The_Isle_of_Mists_(quest)#Cutoff_Point

Only after "An Eye for an Eye" is finished can you progress to Act III.There, "Blindingly Obvious" will start, followed by "Reason of State".

Therefore the recommendation is to do EVERY available subquest possible before going to the Isle of Mists.

But you are right, my wording is misleading/unclear in the roadmap. I guess I wanted to keep it too short. I will edit it.

It will change from:

"murder the King for the trophy by always choosing the first dialogue choice in the "Blindingly Obvious" quest when talking to Dijkstra and Philippa and then go on to the "Reason of State" quest"

to

"do every available subquest to ensure nothing leading to the quest "Blindingly Obvious" in Act III is missed. Especially all of Triss' subquests and, subsequently, "Redania's Most Wanted", "A Deadly Plot", and "An Eye for an Eye". Always choose the first dialogue choice in the "Blindingly Obvious" quest when talking to Dijkstra and Philippa and then go on to the "Reason of State" quest. Finishing that quest will net you the Assassin of Kings trophy."

Ok I rewrote it even more and split it into two points

17 hours ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

MQ: BEAST OF WHITE ORCHARD

Select 'Ask the Herbalist about Buckthorn' as a QM then head there.

As you enter the Gaarison, you will encounter a cutscene, during which you will receive the SAWMILL SP. Warp to this Signpost and head to the QM.

Before you enter the Hut at the QM, make a Manual Save and then head to the nearest NE ?. You will find a POP guarded by a Wraith. Kill this Wraith. They will always teleport then attack twice so when it does, just dodge twice, attack a few times and repeat, keeping QUEN active. Loot its body afterwards. If you do not receive Emerald Dust, then reload the previous save and repeat until the Wraith drops Emerald Dust. Once done, draw the POP then head to the QM, loot the plants around the Hut, then enter and talk to the Herbalist.

Or I am missing something but I did not get a cutscene when entering the garrison, so I did not get the sawmill SP. Had to find it myself.

And what is: head to the nearest NE.?

I couldnt find an explanation for NE. 

NE = north east, on the map your looking upper right, from where you are standing,  for the nearest "?" That's there.  If you have explored already it might be a Place of Power already.

Some trophies can be salvaged in the “blood and wine only” playmode if you own the dlc or the complete version. If you miss them you won’t need to start a new playthrough from white orchard. You are allowed to free roam immediately. I used this playmode to get all dlc trophies and a lot of base game trophies. Then move onto NG+ on death march difficulty to collect story and other trophies and gwent.

Only tested on the GOTY and NA complete edition on PS4 but I think it’s the same in the next gen version, since a few glitches I know carry over too.

Trophies you can earn in B&WO

- Geralt: the professional

All of the base game contracts are available in B&WO but “swamp things”. If you finish all available contracts the trophy will pop. Yes swamp things is not needed here.

- Individual contract trophies

There are 5 trophies tie to 5 contracts like the Shrieker contract. If you miss even odds trophy you can do it here too. B&WO gives you a level 34 Geralt who is overpowered over all contract enemies.

- Armed and Dangerous

B&WO gives you all diagrams. No treasure hunt.

- Brawl master & Brawler

All fist fights are available and it’s super easy to win because you are overpowered.

Trophy you can’t earn in B&WO

- Fast and Fourious

Race in crow’s perch is not available. Even if you win all the available races, the trophy won’t pop.

- Collect ‘em all

You will be able to buy the gwentdex in a store near Marquise Serenity. But you won’t be able to collect all gwent cards since a lot of them are missing.

- all other story-based trophies

• Like 1