Road map for the missables for a One Playthrough Platinum

Sicho

On 17/12/2022 at 9:14 AM, Mr_Marty84 said:

MQ: BEAST OF WHITE ORCHARD

Select 'Ask the Herbalist about Buckthorn' as a QM then head there.

As you enter the Gaarison, you will encounter a cutscene, during which you will receive the SAWMILL SP. Warp to this Signpost and head to the QM.

Before you enter the Hut at the QM, make a Manual Save and then head to the nearest NE ?. You will find a POP guarded by a Wraith. Kill this Wraith. They will always teleport then attack twice so when it does, just dodge twice, attack a few times and repeat, keeping QUEN active. Loot its body afterwards. If you do not receive Emerald Dust, then reload the previous save and repeat until the Wraith drops Emerald Dust. Once done, draw the POP then head to the QM, loot the plants around the Hut, then enter and talk to the Herbalist.

Or I am missing something but I did not get a cutscene when entering the garrison, so I did not get the sawmill SP. Had to find it myself.

And what is: head to the nearest NE.?

I couldnt find an explanation for NE. 

NE is northeast and that guide isnt perfect. You can wait for my new and improved version here but then thats all up to you.

Back to those Decoys in White Orchard btw, you can actually buy ALL 3 Decoy Cards there. You buy 1, then save/reload and buy a 2nd, then save/reload and buy the 3rd!

The DLC has a trader that sells 20+ random cards, means less random Gwent players at the end. I dont use this in the old guide, but will be included in the new version

On 22/12/2022 at 11:51 AM, archangeltw_ said:

Some trophies can be salvaged in the “blood and wine only” playmode if you own the dlc or the complete version. If you miss them you won’t need to start a new playthrough from white orchard. You are allowed to free roam immediately. I used this playmode to get all dlc trophies and a lot of base game trophies. Then move onto NG+ on death march difficulty to collect story and other trophies and gwent.

Only tested on the GOTY and NA complete edition on PS4 but I think it’s the same in the next gen version, since a few glitches I know carry over too.

Trophies you can earn in B&WO

- Geralt: the professional

All of the base game contracts are available in B&WO but “swamp things”. If you finish all available contracts the trophy will pop. Yes swamp things is not needed here.

- Individual contract trophies

There are 5 trophies tie to 5 contracts like the Shrieker contract. If you miss even odds trophy you can do it here too. B&WO gives you a level 34 Geralt who is overpowered over all contract enemies.

- Armed and Dangerous

B&WO gives you all diagrams. No treasure hunt.

- Brawl master & Brawler

All fist fights are available and it’s super easy to win because you are overpowered.

Trophy you can’t earn in B&WO

- Fast and Fourious

Race in crow’s perch is not available. Even if you win all the available races, the trophy won’t pop.

- Collect ‘em all

You will be able to buy the gwentdex in a store near Marquise Serenity. But you won’t be able to collect all gwent cards since a lot of them are missing.

- all other story-based trophies

Thank you for this mate a great deal, some info I needed myself and you saved my the hassle of testing it myself!!

EDIT:

Just to elaborate on the Gwent Cards in the DLC only, ALL can be acquired EXCEPT for 1 card from 'The Matter of Life And Death' side quest. There are 3 cards here and 1 can be found in the DLC, though the Dandelion card and another cannot be found unfortunately ;(

EDIT:

Just some info relating to Geralt: The Professional on the DLC path.

If playing the base game, Swamp Thing MUST be done, I literally popped the trophy on it as I left it till last intentionally to test it. I also popped the trophy on 24 contracts, NOT 26.

This also makes you wonder, is Geralt: The Professional the exception on the DLC, as in they removed Swamp Thing from the DLC only requirement for Geralt: The Professional because you literally cannot complete it because no Eye of Nehaleim.... OR.... have they done the same with Card Collector.....

Its believed you cant get Card Collector on the DLC path because you miss out on the Dandelion card, but have they done a similar thing like they have with Swamp Thing? Literally removed it from the requirement because its not available in the DLC path??

I guess its a question waiting to be answered....

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2022 at 0:40 AM, sephirothdude said:

Not so worried about death march, more worried that I never grasped Gwent and will have a hard time at the tournaments etc.

If you're concerned about the tournament, a few things to help you out:

1. In the settings, you can choose Gwent difficulty (easy, medium, hard).

2. You can remove cards from your deck if they are of low value or don't offer any bonus (i.e., Yennefer can revive a discarded card back onto the board).

3. Try and play some other characters for high quality cards. Gremist (Skellige's alchemist) gives probably the best card in the whole game: a hero spy card with a value of 0.

4. You will get a full set of Nilfgaard cards early on and it's really good due to the number of spy cards it'll include. I recommend this deck for beginners.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

If you're concerned about the tournament, a few things to help you out:

1. In the settings, you can choose Gwent difficulty (easy, medium, hard).

2. You can remove cards from your deck if they are of low value or don't offer any bonus (i.e., Yennefer can revive a discarded card back onto the board).

3. Try and play some other characters for high quality cards. Gremist (Skellige's alchemist) gives probably the best card in the whole game: a hero spy card with a value of 0.

4. You will get a full set of Nilfgaard cards early on and it's really good due to the number of spy cards it'll include. I recommend this deck for beginners.

Cheers mate, after writing that post and starting the game, I actually grasped it fairly quick and got all the cards in the first section of the game more or less, it just clicked with me this time and  I was stomping people for fun ?, I must go back and finish the game actually.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2022 at 11:17 PM, Optinooby said:

Im actually redoing this over here in the coming months, with maps and such and will fix the typos and clean up some methods!!

It does, but iirc, you must save and reload for it to appear. I know its weird, I dont actually mention that being the method in the guide to spawn it, but i think i have u save and reloading for something else and this is a byproduct.

Go back to it, buy the Decoy card so none are reamining, then save and reload and the 2nd should appear.

Something hardly no players know on this game and its not even 30 minutes in!!

Thats if im remembering right, which i think i am. 

I will be adding a missables section in the new guide once done, mainly for this reason. I believe guides should be as accessible to readers as games with lots of accessibility settings are to players so that it reaches as many players as possible!! Each of us has our own playstyles ;)

And no, Ive not started it yet, busy planning Biomutant. Hoped to have it done sooner, but guide likely wont be ready until February or March at the latest. Apologies for the delay.

I want to try and make this special and look like a proper Official Guide, so will take time, this game deserves it, so does MGSV!

Any update on when you might finish this guide, Optinooby? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ArcadeJedi said:

Any update on when you might finish this guide, Optinooby? 

The text guide is still a long way off as im getting the video guide done first.

Good news is that I finished properly routing and polishing the route of Blood and Wine yesterday. So im now ready to record/upload that and then I can get back to the text guide.

I spent a good few hours on Master Marksman again hoping to get a better method than I had originally, but there isnt really. If only we could unlock the Cat Eyes mutation, problem is that its a grind to get that by which point you could have done the trophy already.

Ive kind of combine Puppeteer with Humpty Dumpty though at least so that save a bit of time.

I think 100% B & W will take about 4 - 6 hours which is about 25% of the estimated time in trophy guides.

Ive got 100% trophies down to about 20 hours so we've made some crazy time with revisiting the game, optimising it further and implementing the DLC.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Optinooby said:

The text guide is still a long way off as im getting the video guide done first.

Good news is that I finished properly routing and polishing the route of Blood and Wine yesterday. So im now ready to record/upload that and then I can get back to the text guide.

I spent a good few hours on Master Marksman again hoping to get a better method than I had originally, but there isnt really. If only we could unlock the Cat Eyes mutation, problem is that its a grind to get that by which point you could have done the trophy already.

Ive kind of combine Puppeteer with Humpty Dumpty though at least so that save a bit of time.

I think 100% B & W will take about 4 - 6 hours which is about 25% of the estimated time in trophy guides.

Ive got 100% trophies down to about 20 hours so we've made some crazy time with revisiting the game, optimising it further and implementing the DLC.

Seems like you’re still quite a ways off, I know you took a break from TW3 to do Resident Evil 4 so I wasn’t expecting you to finish anytime too soon anyway.

I platinumed TW3 on PS4 in one play through using RemotePlay on my Vita for about 90% of the playthrough, you would think having to deal with Deathmarch difficulty on a handheld would be the hardest part, but nope, it was trying to manage the missables, so this time I’m looking for a good guide before I even start.

I’ve used your video guides for a few other platinums, RE2/3 and Nier:Automata and a bunch of others for certain trophies, bosses or just difficult sections and the quality of the guides were second to none, I’ll wait until you’re done before I start but I think for a longer game like this I’d rather use a text guide and go at my own pace and just reference the videos if I ever get stuck or confused.

Edited by ArcadeJedi
  • Like 1