Game not remembering Settings

Couga83

Has anyone else the problem, that the game isn't saving the settings on PS5?
Every time I boot up the game, everything is back to default. Since I change quite some stuff for my liking, this gets really annoying.

The thing is, it worked perfectly fine before the release, but it started after the day 1 patch. 

• Like 1

So I figured this out. You have to go into your saves on the system and delete the settings file for 1.60 so that it can make a new 4.00 one. Also for that settings file to save, you have to clean out some of your useless autosaves. I had like 110 built up. Deleted them all but my main 7 saves or w/e, fired the game up. No more issues.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

So I figured this out. You have to go into your settings and delete the settings file 1.60 so that it can make a new 4.00 one. Also for that settings file to save, you have to clean out some of your useless autosaves. I had like 110 built up. Deleted them all but my main 7 saves or w/e, fired the game up. No more issues.

Sadly, the PS5 doesn't allow the deletion of individual save files, just all saves for a game as a whole. It's pretty stupid, but this is how it is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

Sadly, the PS5 doesn't allow the deletion of individual save files, just all saves for a game as a whole. It's pretty stupid, but this is how it is.

I'm on ps4.

So you could clear out autosaves in the in game list. There's probably way more than it can show in there and it'll be slow going but you could do it. It *might* save the settings after clearing them out without deleting the settings file, I can't say though since I never tried it that way. I will say, it was after the autosaves were gone that it finally worked for me.

I tried it with just the settings file to no avail but I never tried it with just the autosaves. Probably worth a shot though.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Couga83 said:

You can delete them while in the gam. Go into load and press square on the save file, it'll delete it.

And PS5 does let you delete individual saves, you go into console storage, saved data, ps4/ps5 games then press the 3 lines on the game and you can delete any save you want.

Edited by Deadvember
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadvember said:

You can delete them while in the gam. Go into load and press square on the save file, it'll delete it.

And PS5 does let you delete individual saves, you go into console storage, saved data, ps4/ps5 games then press the 3 lines on the game and you can delete any save you want.

You can't delete the settings file in the game.

No, the extra options with the three lines only exist in the list of PS4 save files, not in the list for the PS5 saves.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

You can't delete the settings file in the game.

No, the extra options with the three lines only exist in the list of PS4 save files, not in the list for the PS5 saves.

Strange because they show up for both on my console.

Anyway, if you can't find those options then upload the witcher 3 save file to the cloud (ps+ OR the ingame cloud feature) then delete all of the save folders on your PS5 and download the cloud save. That'll reset everything without losing any progress as well. 

18 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

So you could clear out autosaves in the in game list. There's probably way more than it can show in there and it'll be slow going but you could do it. It *might* save the settings after clearing them out without deleting the settings file, I can't say though since I never tried it that way. I will say, it was after the autosaves were gone that it finally worked for me.

It seems that this worked. Thank you.

• Like 1

HELP!!

so it seems the saving issue/not remembering settings starts happening again if the game crashes (at least in my experience). 

Game crashed. I rebooted it up, then it had be calibrate HUD and Gamma, acting like I’ve never played the game before. Now I can’t save, and it mentions about “previous versions saves being incompatible”. 

Im on PlayStation 5. I already deleted the local system save files and reuploaded the cloud files. Still not letting me save. Only workaround I’ve been able to do is have the game auto save every 2 minutes.. but I can’t manually save anything. 

• 1 month later...

You can delete any save game file you have for the Witcher 3 on PS5 whilst you are actually in game.  Just go to the Load Game screen, choose the save file, and I think you press SQUARE.  I had the problem where it would not save any graphics settings, and by clearing out a lot of old saves it sorted the problem out.

• Like 1