100% DMW in chapter 10?

So I'm in at the first save point in chapter 10 in the depths of judgment area and I'm trying to get the DMW to 100% and aerith and cissnei are stuck at 90% and genesis in stuck at 55%

I left the game on overnight, letting the wheel spin on an easy mission and still nothing more, even with 3 materia to the boost the chance of getting aerith equipped 

Do I need to progress any further to unlock the final memories or have I just been extremely unlucky  

Just extremely unlucky, that's where I got mine to 100%. Have you tried using the materia that correspond to each while leaving it run? For the last Genesis percentage I used like 5 apocalypse materia and one lucky star materia to get his limit break more often.

It seems to just be luck, sadly.

I saw one of Cissnei's about 100 times before I got the one that I needed.

I did find that I had better luck at triggering the scenes when in Heavenly status with materia for the character I needed stacked rather than just being afk for hours at a time.

Edited by Zeppelinlee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Noctis_Faron_ said:

You can do this AFK during chapter 10 (to be sure to have all memories available). Just have an auto-regen equipment and leave just one enemy alive attacking Zack in Mission 1-1-1. It should take a couple of hours... (also good to get some Materia in master Level).

would this work on Magic Pot farming? i have yet to summon a single one. Trying to get 5 gold hairpins before chap 5 but i really am being taken out of this game with this DMW garbage

I was in a similar situation, everyone but Aerith at 100%, Aerith was 90%. Every mission except Minerva done. Tried AFKing on mission 1-1-1 with 6 mastered Healing Wave materia for 15 hours(!), still didn't get it. Then I tried closing and reopening the game (I had always used rest mode since starting the game), and got it in 10 spins.

16 hours ago, simmias said:

AFK overnight got me the summons ones, but I had to do heavenly state + four character materia to get Cloud, Aerith and Genesis' last percentages. All on chapter 10.

Can you get Genesis's materia with little to no hassle? I've hit a block with some of the harder missions and I understand his is in a separate shop to the others. Is there an easy way to get the regen accessory/gear? Trying to beat the pre-requisite missions are a real roadblock when the enemies one-shot you. 

bikeman223.png

Edited by bikeman223

21 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

would this work on Magic Pot farming? i have yet to summon a single one. Trying to get 5 gold hairpins before chap 5 but i really am being taken out of this game with this DMW garbage

No, you actually have to do the Limit Break for the Magic Pot.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Can you get Genesis's materia with little to no hassle? I've hit a block with some of the harder missions and I understand his is in a separate shop to the others.

Not really. It's at the Network Shade Shop, which is 9-5-4 I think.

If you're struggling, watch some of this guy's videos. I found him way too late, lol: 

So without the Genesis Materia, is it best to just stack the Lucky Stars Materia?

Edit: This strategy worked well enough, though I may just have been lucky. Hopefully with the armour I can now get the Glove and then the Shield. Although maybe I should get the Shield first, you can break the damage limit with Brutal before you get the Glove, right? 

Edit 2: Yeah get Brutal first, you get it way earlier than the Glove and it is almost the same thing.

bikeman223.png

Edited by bikeman223

14 hours ago, simmias said:

Not really. It's at the Network Shade Shop, which is 9-5-4 I think.

If you're struggling, watch some of this guy's videos. I found him way too late, lol: 

following this but there is a huge gap in this video. where the fuck did he get mug? i cant get any steal materia and i am getting 1 shot by everything.

Level 37

Graviga mastered 

Hell Thundaga (for instant death chance)

Cure mastered

Darkness mastered HP+250%

Status Ward mastered

Status Strike mastered.

Mogs amulet

Wizards Bracelet 

EDIT: I got steal materia. 

Edited by Infected Elite

4 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

So without the Genesis Materia, is it best to just stack the Lucky Stars Materia?

Edit: This strategy worked well enough, though I may just have been lucky. Hopefully with the armour I can now get the Glove and then the Shield. Although maybe I should get the Shield first, you can break the damage limit with Brutal before you get the Glove, right? 

Yeah. I actually never used Brutal at all, lol. I just used buster sword stance to break the damage limit (it unlocked for me pretty early - around 15% proficiency) until I got the Genji Glove and it worked well enough, although in retrospect I probably should have sacrificed an accessory slot for Brutal. The shield is amazing and is the first Genji equipment I got.

Edited by simmias

1 hour ago, simmias said:

Yeah. I actually never used Brutal at all, lol. I just used buster sword stance to break the damage limit (it unlocked for me pretty early - around 15% proficiency) until I got the Genji Glove and it worked well enough, although in retrospect I probably should have sacrificed an accessory slot for Brutal. The shield is amazing and is the first Genji equipment I got.

You can get Brutal relatively easily compared to the glove. I'm levelling up HP Materia now so I can increase the effectiveness of Costly Punch. Not sure if it is worth getting the Moogle Materia to speed things up.

bikeman223.png

My last is Genesis but easier to wait the Genesis's Materia in shop, just start easy mission like the 1-1-3 ( 50 Shinra soldier ) with 3 Materia you need + 1 Lucky Stars, simply wait, the trophy pop in DMW menue, 

For the mission i Using :

- Cyclone Assault +

- Dissipation Blade ( The sword destroy any shield protect )

- Jump Heal ( don't know the english name ) 

- Magical Punch 

- Up Life Materia

- Up strenght Materia 

For stuff using the best for up strenght and Defense and for minerve you can using my video for easy way 

Spoiler

It's just a matter of luck. I achieved all the secuences that I have left for the 100%. My setup was:

-2 Lucky Stars materia

-4 Materia of the character that I want to "farm"

-Autoregen ring

-2 accesories of +100 Luck

I went one by one, triggering the Cissnei Limit when it was available, and just waiting to see the secuences. I farmed them in the 1-1-1 mission, just letting the character there. I achieved 100% with Sephi, Cloud, Aerith, Cissnei and Genesis in about 2h.

Edited by Galserik
  • Like 1

Can someone confirm if it is possible to 100% Cloud DMW in first save point in Chapter 10? I got everyone else in 100% but I am stuck with Cloud at 80% for hours now. Edit: now stuck at 90. I think it is the hundredth time I see that Killing ostrich monster DMW by now.

Also, not 100% sure but I think some DMW only appears after a specific event in story happened... Cause, plot:

Sephiroth - Chapter 8(?) Stuck at 90% til chapter 10 but the last DMW I unlock is him reading in thr library

Angeal - got him 100% on chapter 2 or 3 while doing the subquests

Tseng - Chapter 8(?) another one I got stuck at 90% til Chapter 10 but the last event I unlock seems to happen during Chapter 8

Cissnei - Chapter 7

Aerith - Chapter 10 I think, another one I got stuck at 90, the event I unlocked last looks like it happens in Chapter 8 but it looks like a foreshadowing DMW.

Genesis - as soon as I unlock it. I think he only has 1 DMW and no dialogue.

...andddd complaining in PSNP luck worked again, just got Cloud to 100% while editing my post.

Edited by JaM

20 hours ago, JaM said:

...andddd complaining in PSNP luck worked again, just got Cloud to 100% while editing my post.

Congrats, isn't it always the case? When you spend hours trying to do something, then post asking for help only to then get what you are trying to do. 

Oh just incase you didn't know, if you have the QMC+ shop you can buy different sorts of materia that will allow you have better chances at different DMW. A good way to get more chances at hitting those missing DMW you need. :)

• Like 1

Truly the most frustrating trophy. I've been missing one aerith scene and have spent about 7 hours just mindlessly sitting on my couch popping lucky stars, I read online that with sky high+ you have a 25% or higher chance of watching a 10% scene. Well RNG hates me since the scene with the pickpocket absolutely refuses to happen.... aaaaand as I'm typing this in the other room it shows up.

Get me out of here lol

• 1 month later...

Something that I have not seen mentioned. You seem more likely to get a DMW event early in the fight. I did this in chapter 10 at the first save point. Go in with a full set of Lucky Star materia, trigger the limit, and then kill the enemies really quickly. I did this in 1-1-1. The goal is to finish the battle and still have Heavenly DMW status. Once you do this save the game. Now swap to a set of 6 materia for whoever you need. Go into battle and you should get 3 or 4 limit breaks before you drop out of heavenly status. If you get a movie you need, kill all the soldiers and save again if you still have Heavenly status. If you lost it then swap back to the cissnei materia and get it back. If you don't get the movie you need before you run out of Heavenly status, then press start, forfeit the battle, and you will restart with Heavenly status again. Repeat till you get what you need. I managed to take 5 characters from 50 percent to max in about 40 min doing this. Much much more efficient than the overnight method.