image from URL

Hello,

Im gonna start by apologising because there are probably a 100 people that asked this question before me, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the forum,... 

I tried to link an image throug insert oher media, then pasted the link. The text would turn red as if it were an error message, but no message

The image that I wanted to upload is found here: 

https://ibb.co/tLkDwQS

Maybe it's too large/ not a good format? Also where does 'Insert existing attachment' refer to?

For most image hosting sites, you'll need to link the actual image rather than the page it's hosted on. Typically, right-clicking the image and selecting "Open image in a new Tab" will show you just the image (you want to see the extension for the file type like jpg gif png etc).

Paste that link in the message field and the site should automatically embed it for you.

EAF72-E60-F349-4-C5-B-90-C0-4-A24-A99-E0

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sauron-The-Great said:

Hello,

Im gonna start by apologising because there are probably a 100 people that asked this question before me, but I couldn't find it anywhere in the forum,... 

I tried to link an image throug insert oher media, then pasted the link. The text would turn red as if it were an error message, but no message

The image that I wanted to upload is found here: 

https://ibb.co/tLkDwQS

Maybe it's too large/ not a good format? Also where does 'Insert existing attachment' refer to?

You’ll want to find a link that actually ends in an image format: .gif, .jpg, etc, then the link will work. Your link doesn’t end with a format extension. 

• Like 2

Without having to make another topic, does anyone know why my custom image (one selected from my files) keeps reverting back to the same image, no matter how many times I change it? I've tried to upload different photos from my Photos AND tried to upload direct links to other images and it goes back to the same image every time. It's infuriating. I changed it yesterday and checked my profile in Incognito and it was updated but somehow it won't without. I've cleared the cache, signed in and out, refreshed, updated my page, and nothing fixes it.

5 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

my profile banner

I'm not seeing a banner (Cover Photo) on your profile besides a grey bar. Maybe the format wasn't correct or the size was too large? I haven't run into this issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I'm not seeing a banner (Cover Photo) on your profile besides a grey bar. Maybe the format wasn't correct or the size was too large? I haven't run into this issue.

It's bizarre because I can see it updated when I check in an Incognito browser but it just continues to revert back to the one I originally tried yesterday. If you aren't seeing anything, that's all the more bizarre. Maybe I'll just stick with a provided game cover instead and avoid the headache. Appreciate the response!

34 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

It's bizarre because I can see it updated when I check in an Incognito browser but it just continues to revert back to the one I originally tried yesterday. If you aren't seeing anything, that's all the more bizarre. Maybe I'll just stick with a provided game cover instead and avoid the headache. Appreciate the response!

Have you deleted cookies and cache, silly I know but it could be a browser issue 

10 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

Have you deleted cookies and cache, silly I know but it could be a browser issue 

Dumb question but can I exclusively clear cookies just for PSNProfiles? I just did it with the cache. Didn't want to do it across the board on Chrome cause some of my passwords are unique and it's a pain trying to remember them.

• Like 1